Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals-Cowboys: Dalton is from Texas too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jags_Longhorns

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Bengals, I really need you guys to kill the Cowgirls! I can't them and it would be really nice to see them get beat. Plus, the Bengals are the team that I'm rooting for to go to the playoffs.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez
T-New on Dez: 'I’m proud of the guy. He’s taken a lot of criticism like I have and he’s fought through it and made himself better.'

T-New blames some of poor play on not knowing Ryan scheme well enough, but no excuse. 'I didn’t play the way I should’ve down the stretch.'

Newman says Dallas will be home. ‘Once the season’s over, I’ll be back, me and Hatcher will be on the golf course as usual, having fun.’

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN
CB Terence Newman said he is not bitter over departure from Dallas. But he is disappointed Jerry Jones didn't talk to him on way out

Jean-Jacques Taylor

Terence Newman has yielded 45 receptions in 75 attempts for 536 yards w/3 TDs and 2 INTs and 7 PD. opposing QBs have 84.1 PR against him

Figured you guys would want to see this too.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez
T-New on Dez: 'I’m proud of the guy. He’s taken a lot of criticism like I have and he’s fought through it and made himself better.'

T-New blames some of poor play on not knowing Ryan scheme well enough, but no excuse. 'I didn’t play the way I should’ve down the stretch.'

Newman says Dallas will be home. ‘Once the season’s over, I’ll be back, me and Hatcher will be on the golf course as usual, having fun.’

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN
CB Terence Newman said he is not bitter over departure from Dallas. But he is disappointed Jerry Jones didn't talk to him on way out

Jean-Jacques Taylor

Terence Newman has yielded 45 receptions in 75 attempts for 536 yards w/3 TDs and 2 INTs and 7 PD. opposing QBs have 84.1 PR against him

Figured you guys would want to see this too.

Good read, thanks for posting it. Newman sucked pretty bad when he first came here as well, but has been lights out since the bye week. His play dipped some against the Chargers last week, but I hear it could be because he's banged up a bit...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also not on the field was Marvin Jones. It't not believed he was injured Sunday when he made his first NFL start...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dunlap-named-AFC-Player-of-Week-Whit-wants-no-aid-Adam-Jones-has-double-chip/067b88b8-ca32-4641-9b2b-3f92127c8476

Odd. Anyone know what's going on with Marvin Jones?
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
Also not on the field was Marvin Jones. It't not believed he was injured Sunday when he made his first NFL start...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dunlap-named-AFC-Player-of-Week-Whit-wants-no-aid-Adam-Jones-has-double-chip/067b88b8-ca32-4641-9b2b-3f92127c8476

Injury report said Illness.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:

Injury report said Illness.

I know his hands aren't sick, otherwise he would have caught that INT Sunday... *rimshot*

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Pacman says Wade Phillips and Defensive Staff was "Horrible"

Quote:
"I was horrible in Dallas and the coaching was horrible, too; from the top down," Jones said. "Zim is a demanding guy. He's a technique guy and with me being a raw athlete, that's the type of guy I need around me. The Zimmers, the Marvin Lewises, the guys that keep you grounded, that keep you in shape. Some guys get comfortable and let your technique lapse. These guys stay on you."

Newman was there in 2008 and says that Jones himself will say he wasn't in shape. Newman has also seen how much Zimmer has meant to Jones's play.

"That was a different situation. He wasn't ready for that situation, mentally or physically," Newman said. "He has a lot of respect for Zim. Zim is the ultimate technician. No matter who plays his defense, technique is always going to be prominent. With that type of coaching, there's no reason he shouldn't be a great one

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Adam-Jones-thanks-Zimmer-and-Lewis-Whit-wants-no-aid-Awards-pile-up/067b88b8-ca32-4641-9b2b-3f92127c8476

Zimmer on Romo

Quote:
“When he was a young guy, I remember him staying out at practice and throwing the ball into the net at the targets for hours and hours and doing all of those things. I remember all the positives that have gotten him to that point. When I watch him play now, I’m still a Tony Romo fan. I get to game plan against quarterbacks every single week in the NFL, and the people in Dallas need to understand that this guy is as talented of a guy as there is and he can do everything they want him to do. If something goes bad, they’re going to get on you but sometimes, the grass isn’t always greener with the next guy you bring in. I think Romo is a terrific quarterback. He does things that no other quarterback in the NFL can do.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121205-bengals-dc-mike-zimmer-on-tony-romo-people-in-dallas-need-to-understand-that-this-guy-is-as-talented-of-a-guy-as-there-is.ece

Zimmer on Dez Bryant

Quote:
He really reminds me in a lot of ways of Michael Irvin. The way he can go get the football, his acceleration, his run after catch, his strength, you know Michael was great. He used to push guys off. Dez seems like he has great strength when running routes in press. He’s made some unbelievable catches on back shoulder fades that (Tony) Romo has thrown to him. In the Redskins game, he caught that ball and ran about 65 yards. He turned on the jets on that one. I think he’s a tremendous football player. They have a lot of talent there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121205-bengals-dc-mike-zimmer-on-dez-bryant-he-really-reminds-me-in-a-lot-of-ways-of-michael-irvin.ece

Murray wearing steel toed cleats

Quote:
Cowboys starting running back DeMarco Murray is wearing three steel turf toe plates inside his shoe to help protect his left foot from further injury.

Murray didn’t practice Wednesday at Valley Ranch. The Cowboys held him out for precautionary reasons to help manage his sprained left foot injury. Murray said he did some conditioning on the side Wednesday and expects to return to practice Thursday.

“They just wanted to be a little cautious about it. I got some conditioning in today, which was good,” Murray said. “I feel fine. The foot is fine. I could have went, but they just wanted to be smart about it.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/rb-demarco-murray-wearing-three-steel-turf-toe-plates-inside-his-shoe-to-help-with-sprained-left-foot.html/

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bengals also waived C Jeff Faine, a tenth-year player from Notre Dame. Faine joined the Bengals as a free agent on Aug. 29. He played in Games 1-8 this season, with seven starts

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headlines/Bengals-sign-K-Brown-waive-C-Faine-182419341.html

Anyone know anything about him?

plan9misfit wrote:

fluhartz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
The Bengals also waived C Jeff Faine, a tenth-year player from Notre Dame. Faine joined the Bengals as a free agent on Aug. 29. He played in Games 1-8 this season, with seven starts

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headlines/Bengals-sign-K-Brown-waive-C-Faine-182419341.html

yes.. he is old and sucks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Correct, but give the guy a break.

When Cook went down, the only guys we had who could play centre were Boling, Robinson and Stephenson. Boling was busy learning the guard spot following the Wharton injury, and we didn't know what we had in Robinson.

We literally grabbed Faine off the street, and told him he had to go block Haloti Ngata. It was him or Reggie Stephenson....... Faine did a short notice job for us in an emergency.....
fluhartz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Correct, but give the guy a break.

When Cook went down, the only guys we had who could play centre were Boling, Robinson and Stephenson. Boling was busy learning the guard spot following the Wharton injury, and we didn't know what we had in Robinson.

We literally grabbed Faine off the street, and told him he had to go block Haloti Ngata. It was him or Reggie Stephenson....... Faine did a short notice job for us in an emergency.....

not arguing anything you said..
just telling the truth...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cowboy fans would agree with AJones on his summation of Wade Phillips and his defensive staff.

As for faine, he was a good, not great, stop-gap solution in a very sticky situation. i bet they bring him back after Nugent is healed to reward him with a few more game checks.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Green not practicing today. Word is he is sick...
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
AJ Green not practicing today. Word is he is sick...

It's that time of year. I'm sure he'll be fine by Sunday.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WEATHER CHECK: The National Weather Service in Wilmington is calling for an 80 percent chance of steady rain Sunday and a high of 58 degrees with a wind out of the east at about 10 miles per hour.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Double-digit-sackers-Dre-out-and-Gresham-probable-Hall-call/2cd4b478-8b5f-4111-8310-5662a1122a8b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: