Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft: pick #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to draft Joeckel, where would you hve him and Monroe playing?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
He would go right and tell him that he must play better than Eugene if he wants his spot. Eugene might be the only player on our team that has earned and deserves their spot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:
He would go right and tell him that he must play better than Eugene if he wants his spot. Eugene might be the only player on our team that has earned and deserves their spot.

the NFL is all about offense not defense. Drafting Joeckel would be pretty much a no brainer at this point. Falling back a few picks and getting jake matthews would be a great idea also. Monroe is one play away just like any player from getting hurt, thats why Joeckel has to be the pick. Our o-line is bad and alot of them are on IR which is part of the problem. We could have a top 10 line next season if we get Joeckel.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
I would look:
1. Starlite Lotulelei, DT Utah
2. Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
3. Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M

Richardson > Star > Nix imo

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Okay, let's say he outplays Eugene. Then what? Where do you plug in Monroe? What if he plays well, but not better than Monroe, where do you play him? Is there a place on these lines that they can play other than LT? Is it worth taking someone who would just be a LG or RT #2 overall?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Okay, let's say he outplays Eugene. Then what? Where do you plug in Monroe? What if he plays well, but not better than Monroe, where do you play him? Is there a place on these lines that they can play other than LT? Is it worth taking someone who would just be a LG or RT #2 overall?
If he out plays Eugene he starts at LT and EM goes right. If he plays well but not better than EM then great we have two great tackles. I thought this whole scenario was based on a trade back but I might be confused with another thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:

the NFL is all about offense not defense. Drafting Joeckel would be pretty much a no brainer at this point. Falling back a few picks and getting jake matthews would be a great idea also. Monroe is one play away just like any player from getting hurt, thats why Joeckel has to be the pick. Our o-line is bad and alot of them are on IR which is part of the problem. We could have a top 10 line next season if we get Joeckel.

Yeah. For our purposes, i would much rather find a way to move back a bit and grab Jake Matthews who would be a more natural fit at RT, and have an extra pick in hand, even if it's not a great return.

Joeckel is great, and may very well be BPA where we're picking, but it's still tough to stomach the idea of being overloaded with starting LT talent while the rest of our interior line is filled with rotting garbage.

Gotta find a way to move back in that situation imo.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to draft a RT that high.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our organization is desperate enough to win that we'd reach for a QB (and so am I... I think). I say 'reach' because the QB class is weak. All of you are right though, our defense is pitiful this season and I'd blame a good bit of it on injuries (Session, Smith, Cox, Mathis). Though if I had to pick a position other than QB to draft I suppose I would say either the best defensive lineman or cornerback. It's very disheartening when your team has the league low in sacks...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Nassib at #2???

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I don't want to draft a RT that high.

Probably not, but with the looks defenses are going, I wouldn't mind 2 elite bookends to keep the line stable...I know it is different, but the same thing we tried to do with Monroe and Britton but, while the value is off.

#JDI
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Matthews over Joeckel if we're drafting one of them. You can make an argument that the former is a better prospect and this way, we wouldn't have to worry about Monroe/Joeckel switching sides. I'm always cautious of linemen, primarily tackles, switching sides as most struggle and may not reach the form that they were at previously. The Cowboys switching Smith and Free is a good example of this. I also think consistency is pretty important for our oline and it's something we haven't had in a while. I'd prefer to get a potential A grade, cornerstone player at another position, QB, DL, or a pass rushing LB.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jarvis Jones his instincts at the LB position are big game and he makes impact plays.. Teo will just be solid NFL LB simular to Tedy Bruschi. Solid player but not a impact player.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really sucks that we didnt finished #2 last year so we could have a shot at the playoffs this year Mad no franchise QBs this year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
it really sucks that we didnt finished #2 last year so we could have a shot at the playoffs this year Mad no franchise QBs this year

In 2011, if we stayed put and took Ryan Kerrigan (no guarantee) or if we traded up and took JJ Watt instead, we probably would have ended up with a top 2 pick (presumably 16 games with Luke McCown or worse) and could have gotten Luck or RGIII.

That's always fun to think about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: