Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jags cut former Colts LB Clint Session
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38450
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Jags cut former Colts LB Clint Session Reply with quote

Quote:
#Jaguars release former #Colts LB Clint Session and former #Buccaneers, #Lions WR Maurice Stovall.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/276076470131097600
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23120
Location: 414
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Clint Sessions, pre concussions
_________________
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20261
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sucks what happened to him. He played well for us when he played though. Wish him nothing but the best.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43153
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why the NFL needs to take such a hard stance on the reporting of concussions and everyone needs to follow the policy.

Really hope he can get back to normal.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I miss Clint Sessions, pre concussions
He and Mike Scifres cost us the 2008 season Mad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34541
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Sessions? He was a pretty good 4-3 OLB...
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23120
Location: 414
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
What happened to Sessions? He was a pretty good 4-3 OLB...
He had 3 concussions last year and was still feeling the effects this year, never activated.
_________________
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34541
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
What happened to Sessions? He was a pretty good 4-3 OLB...
He had 3 concussions last year and was still feeling the effects this year, never activated.


Shocked

Ryan Clark had two in three weeks....

Three though? Wow! That further proves my point that the NFL needs to take a more serious stand on concussions.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43153
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
stallyns wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
What happened to Sessions? He was a pretty good 4-3 OLB...
He had 3 concussions last year and was still feeling the effects this year, never activated.


Shocked

Ryan Clark had two in three weeks....

Three though? Wow! That further proves my point that the NFL needs to take a more serious stand on concussions.
He had two in one game. Got one, didn't tell anyone he felt woozy and got another a few plays later. He's had serious issues since then and apparently hasn't recovered full cognitive function yet.

Getting a concussion before you heal from the last one can be incredibly disastrous, and that's what he's dealing with.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80364
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really feel like had he not gone back into the game after the first one he would have been playing this year. Its really sad to see someone so talented to lose it bc of injuries. he was a really good playmaker
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6556
Location: 904
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a shame. although he was the third best LB we had after Daryl and Poz, he was the fire. when he played, he was the playmaker of the trio. above all else he really hit guys harder than smith and poz, and played with wreckless abandon. unfortunately that's what got him concussed.

woulda liked to see poz, smith, and clint be our starting lbs for a long time. just a shame.
_________________
[quote="StevePerry"] Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43153
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
it's a shame. although he was the third best LB we had after Daryl and Poz, he was the fire. when he played, he was the playmaker of the trio. above all else he really hit guys harder than smith and poz, and played with wreckless abandon. unfortunately that's what got him concussed.

woulda liked to see poz, smith, and clint be our starting lbs for a long time. just a shame.
I know a good deal of people didn't like us signing him, and many of those that did like him as a player didn't think he was worth the money we spent to get him, but for the little time he was here before he got the two concussions in the Browns game, he was playing like he deserved every penny of that contract. For 10 weeks, we had a top 5 starting LB group. Really sucks that he hasn't been able to make a full recovery still.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6556
Location: 904
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
it's a shame. although he was the third best LB we had after Daryl and Poz, he was the fire. when he played, he was the playmaker of the trio. above all else he really hit guys harder than smith and poz, and played with wreckless abandon. unfortunately that's what got him concussed.

woulda liked to see poz, smith, and clint be our starting lbs for a long time. just a shame.
I know a good deal of people didn't like us signing him, and many of those that did like him as a player didn't think he was worth the money we spent to get him, but for the little time he was here before he got the two concussions in the Browns game, he was playing like he deserved every penny of that contract. For 10 weeks, we had a top 5 starting LB group. Really sucks that he hasn't been able to make a full recovery still.


I have a feeling allen will be a starter next year considering we have so many other needs besides LB, which isn't terrible. Allen is a solid player, he just can't cover worth a lick.
_________________
[quote="StevePerry"] Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 6320
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone actually had Maurice Stovall? Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crunk-colt


Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 5458
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SESSION

not SESSIONS
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group