Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

James Carpenter done for the year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: James Carpenter done for the year Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/276106629752180736

Quote:
Seahawks also announce G James Carpenter has been placed on the non-football illness list and signed G Rishaw Johnson from P. squad.

Sad, he was looking like he could develop into a long term guard option for Seattle
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news for Seahawks who are now relying on Mcquistan and John Moffit.

Not a huge loss since he hasn't really played much this season and not since Week 8. Hopefully he can return in 2013 - I sure hope somebody posts a picture of Nick Saban when Carpenter got drafted. I wasn't a big Carpenter fan in the draft and the injuries arent' helping justify his draft position as being a reach.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang... I was liking him at guard.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:

Not a huge loss since he hasn't really played much this season and not since Week 8. Hopefully he can return in 2013 - I sure hope somebody posts a picture of Nick Saban when Carpenter got drafted. I wasn't a big Carpenter fan in the draft and the injuries arent' helping justify his draft position as being a reach.

He was a bust at RT but he was doing great at Guard opening up some holes for Lynch.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

He was a bust at RT but he was doing great at Guard opening up some holes for Lynch.

The only holes he's been opening up have been holes in the depth chart - dude needs to stay healthy. There's no point in playing 20/20 with who we should have drafted but if he can't get on the field he'll be a first round bust. I think he has a future at guard - if both are healthy I like Moffitt and Carp at guard for 2013.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

The only holes he's been opening up have been holes in the depth chart - dude needs to stay healthy. There's no point in playing 20/20 with who we should have drafted but if he can't get on the field he'll be a first round bust. I think he has a future at guard - if both are healthy I like Moffitt and Carp at guard for 2013.

Yea he needs to stay healthy but just because he can't stay healthy doesn't mean he is a bust.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if he keeps staying hurt he will be a bust

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Exactly - you maybe don't blame him as much as a guy who busts based on performance or off-field stuff but a bust is a bust is a bust.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Depends on the person i don't consider a player that is playing good but injury prone a bust just my opinion though.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Depends on the person i don't consider a player that is playing good but injury prone a bust just my opinion though.

Ki-Jana Carter
Courtney Brown
Curtis Enis
Sylvester Morris
Yatil Green
Chris Perry
Andre Wadsworth
Andy Katzenmoyer
Todd Blackledge
Kenneth Sims

And finally...
Steve Emtman

Some times injuries can influence the perception of being a bust or not. You can debate the merits of whether or not these guys were busts or maybe there were other mitigating factors but all of them suffered because of injuries and I consider them all to be busts with the possible exception of Chris Perry who I liked a whole lot.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpenter injured again? Not looking for the Hawks. He looked pretty damn good at guard, however. Good thing he did; he looked awful at tackle.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always sad to see a young player, not being able to stay healthy

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
schulman116

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Ki-Jana Carter
Courtney Brown
Curtis Enis
Sylvester Morris
Yatil Green
Chris Perry
Andre Wadsworth
Andy Katzenmoyer
Todd Blackledge
Kenneth Sims

And finally...
Steve Emtman

Some times injuries can influence the perception of being a bust or not. You can debate the merits of whether or not these guys were busts or maybe there were other mitigating factors but all of them suffered because of injuries and I consider them all to be busts with the possible exception of Chris Perry who I liked a whole lot.

^ First of all, most of those were top 10 picks. If not mistaken, James was selected like 25th overall. Give the guy time, he was sensational at Alabama paving the way for a national championship team & for Mark Ingram to win the Heisman trophy. He's a good kid/teammate. He's very tough and played through a lot of nagging injuries with the Tide. Guys!!!! he's been in the league for less than 2 years!!...and he already has shown starting potential. Thats not a bust. If he is on IR for most of the next 3 seasons, then yes he can be considered an injury bust....but until then there's no justification to say that about James. He's got a good work ethic and will come back even stronger.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is he on the non-football injury list and not on IR?

I'm assuming (from the previous posters) that he has some sort of injury sustained in a game or practice, surely that goes on IR? Is there something else?

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Ki-Jana Carter - 1
Courtney Brown - 1
Curtis Enis - 5
Sylvester Morris - 21
Yatil Green - 15
Chris Perry - 26
Andre Wadsworth - 3
Andy Katzenmoyer - 28
Todd Blackledge - 7
Kenneth Sims - 1

And finally...
Steve Emtman - 1

^ First of all, most of those were top 10 picks. If not mistaken, James was selected like 25th overall. Give the guy time, he was sensational at Alabama paving the way for a national championship team & for Mark Ingram to win the Heisman trophy. He's a good kid/teammate. He's very tough and played through a lot of nagging injuries with the Tide. Guys!!!! he's been in the league for less than 2 years!!...and he already has shown starting potential. Thats not a bust. If he is on IR for most of the next 3 seasons, then yes he can be considered an injury bust....but until then there's no justification to say that about James. He's got a good work ethic and will come back even stronger.

I updated the list above with their respective draft positions. There's a few that were in Carpenter's range. I wasn't saying that Carpenter IS a bust - I was just posting a rebutal to the previous poster who said that a player should not be considered a bust due to injury. I just came up with a quick list of players who busted out of the NFL where injuries were a contributing factor. Carpenter is still young and has time to prove himself and prove that he's not injury prone. Many were arguing that Stafford was a bust when he couldnt' stay healthy early in his career but now he's got 2 injury-free seasons under his belt and is looking like a great pick.

I'm a huge fan of Carpenter - I think he's got a lot of potential in this league and as a Seahawks fan I hope he can get healthy to reach that potential. He's a big road-grader type blocker that fits really well with what they want to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: