Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Donnie Avery

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49634
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 24052
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what they are going to do as of now.
Wayne, Hilton and Brazille are the only WRs under contract next year. So I think they might have to choose between Avery and Collie. Collie will be cheaper but not dependable. Whereas Avery seems to make at least one big play per game and has proven to an extent that he has recovered from his previous injury with the Rams.

Colts do have a lot of cap space next year. At one point it was suggested they would have nearly $65 million, but that is based on current players signed through next year.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know based on his play. He's MAD inconsistent, yo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10309
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?


It depends on the budget if you can upgrade to a guy like Mike Wallace you do that.

But if the money goes to the defence you resign him because he will be reasonable and he adds to the offence.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mooche


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 448
Location: Winnipeg
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?


It depends on the budget if you can upgrade to a guy like Mike Wallace you do that.

But if the money goes to the defence you resign him because he will be reasonable and he adds to the offence.


Not for the money Wallace wants. No thanks.

He's a big time guy who can stretch the field, but we already have some guys on our roster like that. TY and Brazill are burners, and it just doesn't make sense to throw Wallace that kind of money when he has been completely lackluster this season.

If we are talking about another receiver, it's grabbing a guy who can run crisp routes and is of the possession mold to eventually replace Reggie.
_________________
Building The Monster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10309
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?


It depends on the budget if you can upgrade to a guy like Mike Wallace you do that.

But if the money goes to the defence you resign him because he will be reasonable and he adds to the offence.


Not for the money Wallace wants. No thanks.

He's a big time guy who can stretch the field, but we already have some guys on our roster like that. TY and Brazill are burners, and it just doesn't make sense to throw Wallace that kind of money when he has been completely lackluster this season.

If we are talking about another receiver, it's grabbing a guy who can run crisp routes and is of the possession mold to eventually replace Reggie.


There is a difference between a speed guy and Mike Wallace.

Not only does Mike Wallace have speed, like TY and Levon, but he has exceptional deep routes and ability to catch the ball over his shoulder.

I don't think adding elite weapons is ever a mistake.

A WR core with Wallace and Wayne in the outside and Hilton in the slot would be hard to cover. And would look a lot like the Steelers WR core under Arians.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mooche


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 448
Location: Winnipeg
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mooche wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?


It depends on the budget if you can upgrade to a guy like Mike Wallace you do that.

But if the money goes to the defence you resign him because he will be reasonable and he adds to the offence.


Not for the money Wallace wants. No thanks.

He's a big time guy who can stretch the field, but we already have some guys on our roster like that. TY and Brazill are burners, and it just doesn't make sense to throw Wallace that kind of money when he has been completely lackluster this season.

If we are talking about another receiver, it's grabbing a guy who can run crisp routes and is of the possession mold to eventually replace Reggie.


There is a difference between a speed guy and Mike Wallace.

Not only does Mike Wallace have speed, like TY and Levon, but he has exceptional deep routes and ability to catch the ball over his shoulder.

I don't think adding elite weapons is ever a mistake.

A WR core with Wallace and Wayne in the outside and Hilton in the slot would be hard to cover. And would look a lot like the Steelers WR core under Arians.


Mike Wallace would demand somewhere in the ball-park of 10-12 million dollars for his next contract.

Sit back and ask yourself if he is worth that kind of dollar. His route running has always been about average at best, and this season he has shown major inconsistencies catching the ball. I've heard something around twelve dropped balls this year for Wallace. For a guy who is going to want to get paid in the top realm of wide-outs, that is inexcusable.

Would I want him on my team? Of course I would. But the Colts have bigger needs than adding a one trick pony to stretch the field, when we already have major potential of doing that on our roster.
_________________
Building The Monster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10309
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Mooche wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?


It depends on the budget if you can upgrade to a guy like Mike Wallace you do that.

But if the money goes to the defence you resign him because he will be reasonable and he adds to the offence.


Not for the money Wallace wants. No thanks.

He's a big time guy who can stretch the field, but we already have some guys on our roster like that. TY and Brazill are burners, and it just doesn't make sense to throw Wallace that kind of money when he has been completely lackluster this season.

If we are talking about another receiver, it's grabbing a guy who can run crisp routes and is of the possession mold to eventually replace Reggie.


There is a difference between a speed guy and Mike Wallace.

Not only does Mike Wallace have speed, like TY and Levon, but he has exceptional deep routes and ability to catch the ball over his shoulder.

I don't think adding elite weapons is ever a mistake.

A WR core with Wallace and Wayne in the outside and Hilton in the slot would be hard to cover. And would look a lot like the Steelers WR core under Arians.


Mike Wallace would demand somewhere in the ball-park of 10-12 million dollars for his next contract.

Sit back and ask yourself if he is worth that kind of dollar. His route running has always been about average at best, and this season he has shown major inconsistencies catching the ball. I've heard something around twelve dropped balls this year for Wallace. For a guy who is going to want to get paid in the top realm of wide-outs, that is inexcusable.

Would I want him on my team? Of course I would. But the Colts have bigger needs than adding a one trick pony to stretch the field, when we already have major potential of doing that on our roster.


If you can get Wallace for 8-10 I am in for it.

65 million is a lot of cash and you have to spend most of it since the floor on the salary cap is coming in.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mooche


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 448
Location: Winnipeg
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Donnie Avery Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mooche wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Mooche wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
What's the outlook for him this coming offseason? Do you expect the Colts to retain him?


It depends on the budget if you can upgrade to a guy like Mike Wallace you do that.

But if the money goes to the defence you resign him because he will be reasonable and he adds to the offence.


Not for the money Wallace wants. No thanks.

He's a big time guy who can stretch the field, but we already have some guys on our roster like that. TY and Brazill are burners, and it just doesn't make sense to throw Wallace that kind of money when he has been completely lackluster this season.

If we are talking about another receiver, it's grabbing a guy who can run crisp routes and is of the possession mold to eventually replace Reggie.


There is a difference between a speed guy and Mike Wallace.

Not only does Mike Wallace have speed, like TY and Levon, but he has exceptional deep routes and ability to catch the ball over his shoulder.

I don't think adding elite weapons is ever a mistake.

A WR core with Wallace and Wayne in the outside and Hilton in the slot would be hard to cover. And would look a lot like the Steelers WR core under Arians.


Mike Wallace would demand somewhere in the ball-park of 10-12 million dollars for his next contract.

Sit back and ask yourself if he is worth that kind of dollar. His route running has always been about average at best, and this season he has shown major inconsistencies catching the ball. I've heard something around twelve dropped balls this year for Wallace. For a guy who is going to want to get paid in the top realm of wide-outs, that is inexcusable.

Would I want him on my team? Of course I would. But the Colts have bigger needs than adding a one trick pony to stretch the field, when we already have major potential of doing that on our roster.


If you can get Wallace for 8-10 I am in for it.

65 million is a lot of cash and you have to spend most of it since the floor on the salary cap is coming in.


I hear you. I'm just more concerned with adding help to keep #12 standing upright, and on the defensive side of the ball. Especially secondary pieces.
_________________
Building The Monster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group