Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Rich Bartel said Arizona offense is not complicated
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: QB Rich Bartel said Arizona offense is not complicated Reply with quote

On Mike Jurecki and Dan Bickley's radio show just now, QB Rich Bartel just said Whiz's offense is not complicated at all; says is the easiest he's ever played in except for Shanahan's.

Like to know what you guys think of this.

And did not Kurt say is was complicated?

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously knows more about it than we do so I guess we have to defer to him. I guess that now makes me question more the coaching ability of our position coaches (At WR and QB most of all) and why our receivers are so consistently running incorrect routes if this offense is "simple".

Makes me really wonder about how well a guy like Floyd is going to pick up the offense is he cannot run the right routes.
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO from seeing some things from Bartel's twitter in the past.. he might be a little bitter from when he was released.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's only "played" in 3 systems. So....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
He obviously knows more about it than we do so I guess we have to defer to him. I guess that now makes me question more the coaching ability of our position coaches (At WR and QB most of all) and why our receivers are so consistently running incorrect routes if this offense is "simple".

Makes me really wonder about how well a guy like Floyd is going to pick up the offense is he cannot run the right routes.

Whiz apologists out in full force. He should've been fired after 2010... Any NFL HC who picks Derek Anderson as their team's QB shouldn't have a job running a team.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Whiz apologists out in full force. He should've been fired after 2010... Any NFL HC who picks Derek Anderson as their team's QB shouldn't have a job running a team.

I'm all eyes and ears as to who we should've gone with.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Huh?

We go to a Super Bowl in 08, playoffs in 09, bad year in 10 and that is it? No that would be unjustified.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's unjustified is saying he should be fired for playing a certain QB when you can't supply a legitimate alternative. And it's furthered to a higher level when the reason you can't supply a better alternative is because is there isn't any. I mean, I'm sure there were a few QBs who could have played better than DA for us, more than a few perhaps but none that would changed that 5-11 season into something tangibly better, which is what we're after in the end.

You show me a quarterback who could have taken that 2010 team from 5-11 to the playoffs that was legitimately available and I'll gladly eat my words.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Ummm the guy who outplayed him in the preseason but got cut because Whiz had some stupid grudge. Whiz said he picked DA because he gave us the best chance to win. Clearly he's a liar or doesn't know what he's doing.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Huh?

We go to a Super Bowl in 08, playoffs in 09, bad year in 10 and that is it? No that would be unjustified.

The year we went to the SB we struggled to win 9 games. Against non-division opponents we won 3 games. We got hot and rode and elite QB to the SB. After words he got exposed without a QB. Knowing what we know now you definitely cut him loose after the DA debacle.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Ummm the guy who outplayed him in the preseason but got cut because Whiz had some stupid grudge. Whiz said he picked DA because he gave us the best chance to win. Clearly he's a liar or doesn't know what he's doing.

LOL, ok. If gaining 2 first downs in preseason play is "clearly" outplaying the guy who lead 2 touchdown drives, I've been mis-lead as to what this league is all about. If you want to see the preseason doesn't matter that's fine but to make the bolded comment is just silly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leinart was more accurate and had experience in the system. He wasn't taking us to the SB but he would've given us the best chance to win. Whiz' handling of the whole situation was rubbish.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Leinart was more accurate and had experience in the system. He wasn't taking us to the SB but he would've given us the best chance to win. Whiz' handling of the whole situation was rubbish.

The only things I remember from Leinart were short passes that the defenses were predicting and shutting down.. and then throwing passes that were getting WR's hurt or nearly killed.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leinart was terrified to throw the ball downfield. His progressions were painfully obvious. Look at his first option with no intent to make the throw to him, than dump off to the running back. He was basically a really bad version of Chad Pennington. He had no confidence in his game.

Justo on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Leinart was terrified to throw the ball downfield. His progressions were painfully obvious. Look at his first option with no intent to make the throw to him, than dump off to the running back. He was basically a really bad version of Chad Pennington. He had no confidence in his game.

A complete confidence issue. His future looked pretty bright after his first year but then it was the Kurt Warner show and Leinart just digressed from there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: