Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Rich Bartel said Arizona offense is not complicated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Leinart was more accurate and had experience in the system. He wasn't taking us to the SB but he would've given us the best chance to win. Whiz' handling of the whole situation was rubbish.

The only things I remember from Leinart were short passes that the defenses were predicting and shutting down.. and then throwing passes that were getting WR's hurt or nearly killed.

Yet he was still better than the alternative. One pass over the middle Fitz got hurt and the Safety took out his legs.

DA was the worst starter in the league that year. 2nd worst QBR in the entire league lol. There is literally no argument for him and ever sense Whiz has butchered the position.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
iRobot wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Leinart was more accurate and had experience in the system. He wasn't taking us to the SB but he would've given us the best chance to win. Whiz' handling of the whole situation was rubbish.

The only things I remember from Leinart were short passes that the defenses were predicting and shutting down.. and then throwing passes that were getting WR's hurt or nearly killed.

Yet he was still better than the alternative. One pass over the middle Fitz got hurt and the Safety took out his legs.

DA was the worst starter in the league that year. 2nd worst QBR in the entire league lol. There is literally no argument for him and ever sense Whiz has butchered the position.

I tend to blame Whiz for our inept QB play. The man had plenty of time to develop somebody and he didn't. You could blame the fact that there weren't any obvious upgrades but the QBs he did role with failed so Whiz can only escape so much blame. On top of that, our running game is terrible and has been for most of his tenure here.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

Accuracy doesn't matter much when your YPA is in the 4s.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'll take the accurate check-downer over the alternative. I wouldn't wish a year of DA on my worst enemy.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'll take the accurate check-downer over the alternative. I wouldn't wish a year of DA on my worst enemy.

Bolded> Go ahead. Offense won't be any more efficient.

I find the accurate mentions kinda funny. It's as if nobody has seen Leinart's completion percentage.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I find the accurate mentions kinda funny. It's as if nobody has seen Leinart's completion percentage.

It is also as if people completely forget back in 2010 when the calls were for Anderson to get the gig because "Leinart is never going to move the ball down the field".

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

It is also as if people completely forget back in 2010 when the calls were for Anderson to get the gig because "Leinart is never going to move the ball down the field".

Yup.

I never blamed Whiz for playing DA in 2010, I don't blame him for it now. If I'm alone in that it's fine by me as the truth of the matter is, Leinart or DA, we were in some serious trouble either way.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I never blamed Whiz for playing DA in 2010, I don't blame him for it now. If I'm alone in that it's fine by me as the truth of the matter is, Leinart or DA, we were in some serious trouble either way.

I beleive I wanted Matt to be given the shot, but I was not overly fussed, I knew neither was that great.

If the DA>Matt decision was made this preseason I would have been angry because Matt's style would have worked far better with the defense we have now.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I beleive I wanted Matt to be given the shot, but I was not overly fussed, I knew neither was that great.

If the DA>Matt decision was made this preseason I would have been angry because Matt's style would have worked far better with the defense we have now.

I agree 100%.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22/27 174 1/0 TD/INT - QBR well over 100.00

I don't care if he checks down considering his competition. He played better but Whiz held a grudge and went against his "gives us the best chance to win" fallacy. Give me the conservative QB 10/10 times.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

I don't care if he checks down considering his competition. He played better but Whiz held a grudge and went against his "gives us the best chance to win" fallacy. Give me the conservative QB 10/10 times.

Career completion percentage, 57.5%. That's the guy you called "accurate"...multiple times.

If you want the conservative QB you're entitled to hold that opinion but saying he changes our 2010 season outlook is, as previously stated, silly. Didn't matter Leinart or DA. I think deep down you know it too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Career completion percentage, 57.5%. That's the guy you called "accurate"...multiple times.

If you want the conservative QB you're entitled to hold that opinion but saying he changes our 2010 season outlook is, as previously stated, silly. Didn't matter Leinart or DA. I think deep down you know it too.

Bolded: You're right he's not accurate, just more accurate then DA...

Underline: How bout the Bucs and Rams games that year. The Arizona QB's were horrible and they were close losses both at home. If you don't think 2-3 games wouldn't have made an impact that year (ultimately finishing 2 games back of 1st place) then that's your prerogative.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Underline: How bout the Bucs and Rams games that year. The Arizona QB's were horrible and they were close losses both at home. If you don't think 2-3 games wouldn't have made an impact that year (ultimately finishing 2 games back of 1st place) then that's your prerogative.

1. So, Leinart's crap stinks less...is that what you're going with?

2. Assuming the 2 INTs by Max Hall cost us the Bucs game would also be assuming that Matt Leinart could have lead us on 4 TD scoring drives. Do you have any tangible evidence that he was capable of this or are we just kinda hoping?

3. Go ahead, give us 1-2 more wins. We still miss the playoffs only now we no longer get Patrick Peterson which means we no longer go 8-8 in 2011 and well, this is shot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

1. So, Leinart's crap stinks less...is that what you're going with?

2. Assuming the 2 INTs by Max Hall cost us the Bucs game would also be assuming that Matt Leinart could have lead us on 4 TD scoring drives. Do you have any tangible evidence that he was capable of this or are we just kinda hoping?

3. Go ahead, give us 1-2 more wins. We still miss the playoffs only now we no longer get Patrick Peterson which means we no longer go 8-8 in 2011 and well, this is shot.

1. Yes, by sucking less Leinart would give us the best chance to win. Thanks for proving my original point.

2. DA still threw 2 picks that game and Hall was another horrible decision by Whiz thinking he's more valuable than Leinart.

3. So 8-8 is okay last year but not two years ago? I guess you don't play to win the game. However, we lucked out and got PP... Maybe we take Aldon Smith or JJ Watt if we had won another game so that argument works both ways.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
rickyp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could anyone not have wanted DA on the team? He provided us with great moments, such as the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khi7YoqZIWM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: