Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 2013 NFL Draft - Top 10 Selections

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I contiue?
Yes
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

ivsiuol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Mock 2013 NFL Draft - Top 10 Selections Reply with quote

1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB, DE, CB, LT, S
Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame
With the unexpected loss of Jovan Belcher, the Kansas City Chiefs are in dire need of a inside linebacker to play next to Derrick Johnson. With this pick, the Chiefs have a perennial all-star and a playmaker next to Johnson. I would go quarterback here, but I do not believe Geno Smith nor Matt Barkley are franchise quarterbacks, and I believe that they could get a talented quarterback at the beginning of the second round.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - QB, DE, OLB, RT, WR
Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M University
I think that the Jaguars believe that Chad Henne will be their best option at quarterback. Jacksonville is dead last in the NFL when it comes to pressuring the quarterback amounting only 13 sacks through the year this far. Moore is an obvious choice because he will be an immediate impact player that can rush the quarterback.

3. Oakland Raiders - 3-8 (.512 SOS) - DE, CB, OG, QB, ILB
Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State University
The Raiders are tied for last in the league with the Jacksonville Jaguars with 13 sacks in the league. The Raiders need defensive pressure from their defensive front and it is obvious that Lamar Houston and Shaughnessy are not getting it done. Selecting Werner will give the Raiders a strong defensive presence on their defensive line.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - OG, CB, OLB, S, QB
Luke Jockel, OT, Texas A&M University
With Jason Peters coming off a torn achilles tendon, I don’t know if he will be as effective as he should be, and with the massive overhaul that is about to take place in Philadelphia anyone could leave the team. It is obvious that the Eagles’ offensive line is horrendous giving up the 4th most sacks in the league. The Eagles will draft Jockel to protect Foles’ blind side for years to come.

5. Carolina Panthers - DT, OLB, S, WR, OT
Star, DT, Lotulelei, University of Utah
The Carolina defense would do very well with getting a dominating force to play alongside of Dwan Edwards. Sione Fua has not produce in the two years that he has been in the National Football League. The Panthers are virtually in the middle of the pack in every defensive category, and Lotulelei will drastically help this defense. Some consider Lotulelei to be the best player in the draft, and it would be considered to be a steal for the Panthers to get him with the fifth pick.

6. Tennessee Titans - OG, DE, S, OG, WR
Chance Warmack, OG, University of Alabama
The Titans need to shore up the interior of their offensive line. Warmack is a powerful interior offensive lineman. The Titans need to be able to open up running lanes for Chris Johnson, and I believe that Warmack can do this for many years to come.

7. Detroit Lions - OT, CB, DE, OLB, ILB
Taylor Lewan, OT, University of Michigan
Jeff Backus is getting older and the Lions are going to need someone to replace him. Either Lewan will replace Backus or Riley Reiff will, but it is obvious that Cherilus cannot hold his own on the offensive line.

8. Arizona Cardinals – QB, OT, OG, DE, OLB, WR
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan University
I can see the run on offensive linemen continue with the Arizona Cardinal’s selection. The Arizona Cardinals are not happy with their quarterback situation, but they also believe that offense cannot thrive if they give up large amounts of sacks. The Cardinals lead the league in sacks surrendered at 51 (9 more than the second place Green Bay Packers). Fisher will provide the Cardinals with a franchise left tackle that will protect the quarterback (to be named later) for many years to come.

9. San Diego Chargers - OT, TE, DE, NT, CB
Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State University
I know the Chargers have a lot of offensive problems, but the Chargers are not able to stop any either. Their offense is playing poorly, but their defense cannot seem to do any better. Vaughn Martin has not done virtually anything on the defensive side of the ball, and I believe that Hankins will be able to produce more than Martin could.

10. Cleveland Browns - WR, OLB, CB, OG, QB
Jarvis Jones, OLB, University of Georgia
Finally, the second overall ranked defensive player come off of the board. The Browns get a steal and get the pick of the draft. The Browns will finally have a defensive player that offenses fear. Jones will drastically help the defensive front and the secondary.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you shouldn't. The Titans are not drafting a guard at 6 overall. Who would do that? The O-Line hasn't even been that bad this year. The Titans passed on DeCastro last year at #20 so in no way are they taking Warmack with the #6 pick especially when DeCastro was a better prospect. Sheldon Richardson should be the pick.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has to be at least a 1 rounder buddy! Would rather Star for the Eagles anyway.
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as a Colts fan I would prefer that you make it a first rounder, why make a top 10 only?
Also, sorry Chiefs fans. Te'o is not a perennial all-star and playmaker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something different! It may not happen like this, but I applaud the effort! Keep going, I'm waiting patiently for the Vikings pick! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Lions take Lewan...at least I hope not
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurry and finish the draft or it will get locked by mods. you can't post partial mocks on this site.

Just go ahead and slide the Falcons Dion Jordan while ya at it Wink
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as others have said, mock drafts are to be one full round. This is a great start, I'm going to lock it down, but please take what you've started here and make it into a full round mock.

Thanks,

The Gnat

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: