Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Comprehensive Offseason & 3 Rounds- Let's Hear It!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I love the detail that was put into this. This obviously took a lot of time and work, so props to you for doing that. It makes it much more fun to valuate.

Arizona (4-12):

GM: Jason Licht
OC: Marty Mornhinweg

Cuts:
QB Kevin Kolb
OG Adam Snyder
LB Barrett Ruud

UFA Resigned:
RB Chris "Beanie" Wells (Club Option)
LB Paris Lenon
CB Greg Toler
S Kerry Rhodes (Voidable Year)

UFA Signed:
RB Felix Jones
WR Brad Smith
OT Gosder Cherlius
OT King Dunlap
DL Spencer Johnson
CB Don Carey

Draft:
3. Geno Smith QB West Virginia
52. Cyril Richardson OG Baylor
85. Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia

Now let me tell you what I do not like about this. It is much more likely that Whiz gets fired for losing 12 straight games than GM Graves getting fired. Graves has actually done a solid job here and many in the Cards forum would agree with me, but Whiz deserves to get fired if this team ends up 4-12. I'm not wild about the OT signings because Bobbie Massie is the long term starter at RT, so Cherlius would be a backup here and Dunlap has been atrocious at left tackle. Also, is Levi Brown coming back for this team or not because that is important to know. If he is coming back, he will be the teams starting left tackle. Our 7th round rookie Nate Potter has done a good job at left tackle this year surprisingly, so if he is not coming back, than that is fine, Potter can hold down LT with no big issues. I like the trade up for Geno and this team does need a guard so that is a good pick as well. However, the last thing this team needs are receivers so I dod not like the Bailey pick or signing Brad Smith. Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd in that order are 3 good receivers that are going nowhere, so Bailey would be #4 at best, which is a waste of a 3rd round pick. This team could use a safety or a pass rusher with that 3rd round pick instead.

All things considered, it is not a bad job with the Cardinals, but there are certainly a few loose ends that should be addressed.

Also, you have us cutting Barrett Ruud, who is not on this team. I assume you meant Stewart Bradley though and that would be likely.

Justo on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tennessee (5-11):

HC: Clyde Christensen
OC: Ron Turner
DC: Sal Sunseri

Cuts:
WR Lavelle Hawkins
C Eugene Amano
S Jordan Babineaux

Franchised: TE Jared Cook

UFA Resigned:
FB Quinn Johnson
C Fernando Velasco
K Rob Bironas

UFA Signed:
QB Matt Cassel
RB Donald Brown
OL Chris Spencer
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
CB Bradley Fletcher

Draft:
8. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
31. Matt Elam S Florida
68. Khaled Holmes C USC
95. Braden Hansen OG BYU

Wasn't UT's defense horrible? Yea no thanks. The Titans are not bringing back KVB. That ship has sailed. What value does he bring? He's terrible now. The other FA's signings are nothing but depth. I love the trade up for Elam but there is no reason to take Te'o. Our LB trio is one of the best up-and-coming in the league and McCarthy in the middle is soon to be top 5 MLB. No need for Te'o. Hankins, Richardson, or Nix should be the pick. In the 3rd I hate both picks. Center is not a need with Velasco being resigned. Okafor should be the 1st pick and Alvin Bailey should be the second 3rd round pick.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like everything you did for Carolina....except for two things.

Why on earth would we release James Anderson? He's on a pretty team-friendly contract and is one of the few LBs we've had who can actually stay healthy. I could see Beason or Davis being gone before Anderson.

Second, i'm just not a big Van Gorder fan. Never really felt he was a good coach. I'd like to see McDermott retained honestly, but it won't happen. He's been solid overall.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
cards czar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
First of all, I love the detail that was put into this. This obviously took a lot of time and work, so props to you for doing that. It makes it much more fun to valuate.

Arizona (4-12):

GM: Jason Licht
OC: Marty Mornhinweg

Cuts:
QB Kevin Kolb
OG Adam Snyder
LB Stewart Bradley

UFA Resigned:
RB Chris "Beanie" Wells (Club Option)
LB Paris Lenon
CB Greg Toler
S Kerry Rhodes (Voidable Year)

UFA Signed:
RB Felix Jones
WR Brad Smith
OT Gosder Cherlius
OT King Dunlap
DL Spencer Johnson
CB Don Carey

Draft:
3. Geno Smith QB West Virginia
52. Cyril Richardson OG Baylor
85. Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia

Now let me tell you what I do not like about this. It is much more likely that Whiz gets fired for losing 12 straight games than GM Graves getting fired. Graves has actually done a solid job here and many in the Cards forum would agree with me, but Whiz deserves to get fired if this team ends up 4-12. I'm not wild about the OT signings because Bobbie Massie is the long term starter at RT, so Cherlius would be a backup here and Dunlap has been atrocious at left tackle. Also, is Levi Brown coming back for this team or not because that is important to know. If he is coming back, he will be the teams starting left tackle. Our 7th round rookie Nate Potter has done a good job at left tackle this year surprisingly, so if he is not coming back, than that is fine, Potter can hold down LT with no big issues. I like the trade up for Geno and this team does need a guard so that is a good pick as well. However, the last thing this team needs are receivers so I dod not like the Bailey pick or signing Brad Smith. Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd in that order are 3 good receivers that are going nowhere, so Bailey would be #4 at best, which is a waste of a 3rd round pick. This team could use a safety or a pass rusher with that 3rd round pick instead.

All things considered, it is not a bad job with the Cardinals, but there are certainly a few loose ends that should be addressed.

Also, you have us cutting Barrett Ruud, who is not on this team. I assume you meant Stewart Bradley though and that would be likely.

LB Paris Lenon has really lost a step and at 35, their needs to be an upgrade fast.

So true the Cards will not sign Cherlius or Dunlap. Its OG thats the problem and if they could get Andy Levitre from Buffalo that would make the line much better.

We dont really need another CB but we need a backup/starter for the SS position. A. Wilson has lost a step and will be another year order and we are looking for a possible replacement for him either next year or in 2014.

We dont need another WR in the 3rd round. Put SILB like K. Minter would be a better pick.
hargreaves2326

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks on the buffalo trade; Jones is my favorite player in this draft. There is good depth at QB this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god. I saw the first two picks for the Jets and I had an orgasm. This is absolutely PERFECT!

Jamison.'s Gallery
green24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Oh my god. I saw the first two picks for the Jets and I had an orgasm. This is absolutely PERFECT!

Look at who the Patriots signed in FA...
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
1. St. Louis trades QB Sam Bradford + Pick 12 to Cleveland for Picks 6, 103, + 2014 3rd.

You forgot to add in your plug, that the Rams move back to California. That trade is a joke for several reasons, the most important being the money he is owed. The Rams would have no cap space to sign anyone if they trade Bradford.

Barkley isn't worth trading up for either.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont see it as very realistic, but you're making a moster out of seattle here Shocked

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the browns are not going to franchise tag Reggie Hodges. Guy has been terrible this year.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Quote:
Atlanta (14-2):

Acquired via Trade: RB Maurice Jones-Drew

Cuts:
RB Michael Turner

Franchised: S William Moore

UFA Resigned:
TE Tony Gonzalez
OT Sam Baker
DT Vance Walker
CB Chris Owens

UFA Signed:
QB Trent Edwards
RB Tashard Choice
OG Louis Vazquez
DT Kevin Williams
CB Kyle Arrington

Draft:
28. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
58. Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

the only bad move is taking Tony Jefferson. we have no need for a safety with William Moore and Thomas Decoud. Also, no need to sign Tashard Choice, Kevin Williams or Kyle Arrington. those holes are already filled by Vance Walker, MJD, and Chris Owens/Robert McClain.

This except I'd be fine with the Williams and Arrington signings.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pats don't have a salary cap exemption, we have about a 10 mill rollover that will bring us to about 132mill. We are at about 100 mill now that just gives us 30 mill to spend or 25 mill after the rookies.

Volmer tagged will be ten.
Harvin will need an extension of around 7
Welker will be at least 8
Feeney will be at least 5

And God bless your heart for giving us Revis, but he is not a FA and would cost at least another 10 mill
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After yesterdays Cardinals game, I agree Whisenhunt has to go. He looks like he wants to be shown the door.

Changed the Revis move for the Patriots, but did add a Man Corner in Sean Smith from a Division Rival.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Minnesota (8-:

OC: Pat Shurmur

Departed via Trade: WR Percy Harvin

Cuts:
WR Michael Jenkins
TE John Carlson

Franchised: OT Phil Ladholt

UFA Resigned:
FB Jerome Felton
LB Erin Henderson
LB Marvin Mitchell
S Jamarca Sanford

UFA Signed:
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
OL Tyler Polumbus
DT Alan Branch
LB DeAndre Levy
CB Sean Smith

Draft:
18. Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
27. Keenan Allen WR California
47. Dallas Thomas OT Tennessee
78. Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina

Poor Vikings off season, DHB, I can live with him, Polumbus makes no sense, Vikings have two OT's (also no way Loadholt is franchised and no way that the Vikings let him walk). Polumbus and Thomas (unless Thomas can play OG, Polumbus doesn't look like he can) are two terrible picks. Trading Harvin, unlikely. Branch, Levy, and Smith are all solid signings. Two DT's doesn't make a ton of sense either.

DistantRam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A work of this magnitude deserves acknowledgment; it must have taken several hours to go through all these changes, trades and draft in such depth and congratulations must go to Conquest8089 for this magnum opus.

It's impossible to please all the people all the time, however, and it must be said that the offseason depicted for the Rams is neither particularly exciting nor, mercifully, remotely likely. As others have said, there is no way that the Rams will trade Bradford: there is simply too much money involved and the cap hit would cripple the franchise.

As for your free agent signings with the Rams, Landry is the only one which might make sense, seeing that the club is in desperate need if safety help. However, Svitek is coming off injury and we don't need another swing back-up tackle. Casillas isn't what we need, either, while Casey is a hybrid FB/TE and we may use Kendricks more in that role in future. Mouton could be added as depth especially if, as in your scenario, Fletcher leaves.

Given that Bradford isn't going anywhere, your draft would be better if the Rans stayed in their original position and selected the best available weapon for the quarterback; given how your draft pans out, that would be whichever WR the front office deems most suitable, as none is taken before twelve in your mock. Matthews with our second first-round pick would be superb and would give us an immediate upgrade at RT. Given our previously mentioned safety problems, I'd take the best available player at that position in round two, while your third round pick of Wheaton would make sense in your scenario but would probably be overkill if we drafted a WR in round one.

Once again, well done on your gargantuan post. It's just that it doesn't make much sense from the Rams' viewpoint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: