Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Comprehensive Offseason & 3 Rounds- Let's Hear It!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore (12-4):

OC: Norv Turner

Franchised: QB Joe Flacco (Exclusive)

Cuts:
OG Bobbie Williams

UFA Resigned:
LB Dannell Ellerbe
LB Paul Kruger
S James Ihedigbo

UFA Signed:
QB Charlie Whitehurst
WR Ted Ginn Jr
DL Corey Williams
LB Rolando McClain
CB Brice McCain

Draft:
24. Dion Jordan DE Oregon
44. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

Bunch of stuff to go through here. First off I'm not a big fan of hiring Turner as the OC. I'd really like the team to get away from the Air Coryell system. People like to say Flacco is "perfect" fit for it but that's only because he has a big arm. The other offensive personnel they have isn't too good for that system either.

Williams is very likely to be cut after this season. There isn't really anybody else that I think will almost definitely be released. Possibly Boldin and/or Jones if they can't work out a new deal with either of them.

I could see them bringing in Whitehurst if Turner is hired. It's not my favorite move but there were rumors that they wanted to involve Taylor in the offense more this season but couldn't since they didn't want to risk their only backup QB getting hurt. Ginn Jr. doesn't do much for them especially if they keep Jones. He's not any type of addition to the offense at all. I don't see the reason for adding Williams as he's not a guy that would be able to work in the 3-4 DE role in my opinion. McClain makes sense although. Not sure about McCain though. Even if Williams signs elsewhere the Ravens still have Webb, Smith, Graham, Brown, and Jackson.

I really like Dion Jordan in the first round. He's a good addition to the DE/OLB group even if they re-sign Kruger. Trading up for Johnson is probably unlikely though. They want to keep Oher around and they're pretty high on Osemele too so LT and RT are set. I would rather see Oher at RT and Osemele at LG (or vice-versa) but I doubt it will happen so I'd like to see the mocks go in a different direction. I'm not sure they'll really be looking for any OL with a quality pick. Reid has stepped in fairly well at LG and they could switch him and Osemele next season which would be a better fit for each player in my opinion. They just took Gradkowski with a top 100 pick so I doubt they go for another C that high again in this draft.
Baixis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked really interesting at first, and you obviously put a ton of effort into this, so mad props for that. However, as soon as I read this - " jettisoning Dez Bryant. Watch 1 Cowboys game, you can tell Tony Romo & Dez Bryant do not have a strong working relationship" - it became clear you had no idea what you were talking about. At least when it comes to the Boys (understandable - not everyone likes them and follows them closely). As a Dallas fan, I had to stop reading there though. Great effort, but maybe a little knowledge of the situation would be better. If it was just a normal post, expressing your opinion, then it would have been cool. But YOU MADE ME expect more from you by the time I had read that. Great effort though man! Hope this didn't sound harsh - just meant friendly criticism.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped reading at the Bill Polian hire. Why would we hire someone to "chance the course" when Polian has praised the job Gene has done the past few years?

I think Tom Gamble would be a good fit.

I'll probably come back to this and read it tonight or tomorrow though since you did put a lot of effort into it and it does seem to have a lot that other mocks don't offer.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to before...

- Why are we firing Mel Tucker?
- Why are we cutting Dawan Landry?
- Why would we draft an OT #1 when we have Eugene Monroe?
- Why would we draft E.J. Manuel when Blaine Gabbert is essentially a better version of him already here?

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of work you put into this is impressive. From a Packers fan, there are a couple things you may want to reconsider. First, Winston Moss is our Assistant Head Coach, so the Packers could (and I'm assuming would) block any move unless it was for a HC position. Also, with the way we run our offense, including our zone blocking scheme, and with the way our front office has viewed RB's, I would be very surprised to see a RB taken in the first round. I've heard good things about Bernard, but I'd just be surprised to see us take a back that high. Just my two cents. Overall, very nice job, though.

.flash on the sig
nodefense

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
i'm not high on sam. but this mock must be a joke.
i stopped after we trade sam away to get matt barkley?

c'mon man! stop it!

Great deal of thought put into this.....but no way the Rams take a step backwards by trading Bradford for Barkley. Sam has along ways to go, but so will Barkley. Snead has mentioned more than once that Sam has never had the same offense two years on a row. I expect them to try and improve the team around him. No way he gets traded.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Good read.

I doubt seriously no matter how things look, that Detroit would franchise Delmas. Deeming him a health risk is a serious understatement. Think Bob Sanders, except without ever having that big of an impact on our team.

Good work
RedandGold

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you definately have alot of time on your hands to do this but there are a few things i dont like as a KC Chiefs fan

1st the coaches
Winston Mosss could be a good defensive coordinator or keep Romeo to just do defense
the rest was bad

next up free agency loved the fact we got Jennings to replace Bowe
draft picks

Mike Glennon QB N.C. State ??? number 2 overall? most people dont even rate him as a round 1 let alone 2 overall
Give us Geno Smith

next up round 2
A WR??? we have Jennings who is a legitimate number 1 and we spent a 1st rounder on Baldwin a couple years ago. Simply put if we get Jennings WR isnt a need. We coudl use CB ILB TE or even a quality FS

hope this information helps you when you do a revision

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: