Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darnell Dockett fined "6 figures"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hurricane_Seasn


Joined: 11 Aug 2012
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
This is why people don't take the NFL Fine thing seriously and argue that it is not about player safety in how they fine... Clearly regulating in-fighting and spitting are more important than player safety.


And this is why some people don't take some posts seriously.
2 or 3 posts before yours explain how it was not a fine made by the NFL but by the team yet you merrily either ignore them or just plain don't read them and make a totally irrelevant comment.


over the last 3 months ive been on this site ive determined that this is the internet police headquarters. This site and the NFL have very similar Comish/Mod qualities. Cant do/say anything here. Will probably get in trouble somehow for this post
_________________

^Props to Jamison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83356
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if rhodes says he didnt do it, whats the problem? Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34928
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
if rhodes says he didnt do it, whats the problem? Confused


Well, seeing as Dockett has "apologized"; I'd have to assume he did it and Rhodes is trying to let it slide.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FutureViking09


Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 617
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the reports he wasn't fined for spitting but rather for disobeying coaches orders of letting the team score so Arizona could get the ball back.

Quote:
The fine presumably was not related to any alleged spitting, but rather Dockett's failure to obey the coaches' orders. The Jets ran out the clock near the Cardinals' goal line, and the offense never got the ball back in what turned out to be the team's franchise-record-tying eighth straight loss.


http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/12/07/12/Reports-Cardinals-fine-Dockett-200K/msn_landing.html?blockID=832251&feedID=3702
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50820
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FutureViking09 wrote:
According to the reports he wasn't fined for spitting but rather for disobeying coaches orders of letting the team score so Arizona could get the ball back.

Quote:
The fine presumably was not related to any alleged spitting, but rather Dockett's failure to obey the coaches' orders. The Jets ran out the clock near the Cardinals' goal line, and the offense never got the ball back in what turned out to be the team's franchise-record-tying eighth straight loss.


http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/12/07/12/Reports-Cardinals-fine-Dockett-200K/msn_landing.html?blockID=832251&feedID=3702


A - We would not have scored anyway.
B - That is exactly it, combined with his reactions on twitter and in other areas. Is this steep, possibly, but what it does is send a message.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3355
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents.

"If Rhodes says he didn't do it then what's the problem?"

Jump back to preseason when JPP dunked one of the Giants DBs in the ice bath
"Nothing happened, it's all love."

Think Think
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bungleodeon


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 9077
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a huge difference between hazing a guy by putting him in an ice bath and spitting on a guy during a disagreement. Just my opinion on that odd comparison.
_________________
Adopt-a-Brown: Jabaal Sheard - Stats:
First 3 seasons: 135 Tackles - 21 Sacks - 7 FF - 2 FR - 9 PD - 11 STF
2014: 9 Tackles - 1 Sack - 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3355
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only pointing out that the fact a victim denies an allegation is meaningless.
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bungleodeon


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 9077
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
I was only pointing out that the fact a victim denies an allegation is meaningless.
It's in the OP.
_________________
Adopt-a-Brown: Jabaal Sheard - Stats:
First 3 seasons: 135 Tackles - 21 Sacks - 7 FF - 2 FR - 9 PD - 11 STF
2014: 9 Tackles - 1 Sack - 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35278
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why fine a player when the teammate say he did in fact not spit at him.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SadLionFan00


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 14342
Location: Michigan State University
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why fine a player when the teammate say he did in fact not spit at him.


Cuz the fine wasnt for the spitting.

Read, people, read.
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Trestman is a great coach but Cutler is already a pouty overconfident poo flinger. What more can he do with him?
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why fine a player when the teammate say he did in fact not spit at him.


Cuz the fine wasnt for the spitting.

Read, people, read.


ESPN wrote:
Darnell Dockett has been fined a "six-figures" amount for allegedly spitting at teammate Kerry Rhodes and disobeying the team's plan to let the Jets score, a source told ESPN.


Read people, read.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why fine a player when the teammate say he did in fact not spit at him.


Cuz the fine wasnt for the spitting.

Read, people, read.


ESPN wrote:
Darnell Dockett has been fined a "six-figures" amount for allegedly spitting at teammate Kerry Rhodes and disobeying the team's plan to let the Jets score, a source told ESPN.


Read people, read.
Laughing
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 31589
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
This is why people don't take the NFL Fine thing seriously and argue that it is not about player safety in how they fine... Clearly regulating in-fighting and spitting are more important than player safety.


And this is why some people don't take some posts seriously.
2 or 3 posts before yours explain how it was not a fine made by the NFL but by the team yet you merrily either ignore them or just plain don't read them and make a totally irrelevant comment.


Because you know... It's my "job" to read every single post within the topic rather than hitting reply... Get the heck off your freakin' high horse. Every outlet I had seen prior to entering this topic was reporting it was a league fine. Again, Get the heck off your freakin' high horse.
_________________
[quote="Ketchup"]I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.[/quote]
- 7/24/14


Last edited by BlaqOptic on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 31589
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:
Keleth wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
This is why people don't take the NFL Fine thing seriously and argue that it is not about player safety in how they fine... Clearly regulating in-fighting and spitting are more important than player safety.


And this is why some people don't take some posts seriously.
2 or 3 posts before yours explain how it was not a fine made by the NFL but by the team yet you merrily either ignore them or just plain don't read them and make a totally irrelevant comment.


over the last 3 months ive been on this site ive determined that this is the internet police headquarters. This site and the NFL have very similar Comish/Mod qualities. Cant do/say anything here. Will probably get in trouble somehow for this post


There was no neeed for his Psuedo-Modding... I made a post 13 minutes after that link was posted... Additionally, he assumes I "need" to look at what others are posting. Simply put, I can walk into a thread and click "reply" and post whatever I would like as long as it is on topic. Prior to entering this topic every outlet had made it seem as if it were an NFL fine. Him getting on his high horse is a joke.

Look at one post above his by Tscim to see how he could have gone about it in a better manner rather than preacing.
_________________
[quote="Ketchup"]I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.[/quote]
- 7/24/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group