Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Brent Arrested for Manslaughter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Cryptkeeper


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I know this is probably a bad time to ask this question, but I truly don't know the answer.

If a player is sentenced to jail time or dies.... what happens to their salary cap figures? Is the team off the hook for that money? Or is it the same as cutting a player and you still have to pay whatever is left remaining of their gaurantees?


If they are taken off the books it seems like a good way to get rid of expensive players that aren't producing Think


Well done, that should've been my line Laughing Laughing Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I know this is probably a bad time to ask this question, but I truly don't know the answer.

If a player is sentenced to jail time or dies.... what happens to their salary cap figures? Is the team off the hook for that money? Or is it the same as cutting a player and you still have to pay whatever is left remaining of their gaurantees?


If they are taken off the books it seems like a good way to get rid of expensive players that aren't producing Think

It is a good question though.


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Albert Haynesworth mysteriously found dead in Dan Snyder's garage"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5942
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I know this is probably a bad time to ask this question, but I truly don't know the answer.

If a player is sentenced to jail time or dies.... what happens to their salary cap figures? Is the team off the hook for that money? Or is it the same as cutting a player and you still have to pay whatever is left remaining of their gaurantees?


If they are taken off the books it seems like a good way to get rid of expensive players that aren't producing Think

It is a good question though.


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Albert Haynesworth mysteriously found dead in Dan Snyder's garage"

I'm offended. Dan Snyder's garage is no place for Albert to perish
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BornToFly


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 11919
Location: SE Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
After years of watching these idiots get behind the wheel... I hope this is a turning point of some kind. An NFL player killed HIS TEAMMATE today. That's got to hit home. All you have to do is take a freakin taxi.


I can't even imagine what is going through his head. It's just so tragic, and I wish that people would really think before driving after drinking and simply not do it. Sadly, I am not so sure this is the turning point that is so needed. A lot of people think things like this will never happen to them, so they chance it, but it does happen, all the time. It's horrible.
_________________
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11593
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he will probably get 30 days in jail like stallworth.
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9291
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did feel bad for Brent until I saw this is his second time drunk driving. You'd think he'd at least learn the first time. You have to get someone killed first to make you realize. Now you have to live with that for the rest of your life.

Google image searching him makes me dislike him even more. He looks mad at the world in all his pictures. Does it kill you to smile or look happy once in your life.

Brown on the other hand is smiling in his pictures and looks full of life. I also read where Brown's Facebook posts said something about wanting to slow down his life and start a family. Truly sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RAVINGMADD


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2514
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Why would you NOT take advantage of a prepaid car service? Brent deserves to be locked up.

I really don't think that's the answer. Definitely take away his driving privileges, but I don't think we need the government paying to feed and house these idiots. And I'm sure he's going to have to pay enough living with what he's done.

I don't think jail time really has the preventative effect everyone thinks it does. Especially for an NFL player. He's just going to get set up in a nice cell with whatever he needs and basically just gets to hang out for a month. I doubt it's going to be a worse punishment than living with the fact that he killed someone he obviously was friends with. If something like that doesn't stop you from doing it again, 30 days in jail certainly isn't going to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MathMan


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 20296
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
and he will probably get 30 days in jail like stallworth.



It is different bc the pedistrian jumped out in front of dantes call and it was deemed that he would have hit the guy regardless of the alchohol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24454
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Why would you NOT take advantage of a prepaid car service? Brent deserves to be locked up.

I really don't think that's the answer. Definitely take away his driving privileges, but I don't think we need the government paying to feed and house these idiots. And I'm sure he's going to have to pay enough living with what he's done.

I don't think jail time really has the preventative effect everyone thinks it does. Especially for an NFL player. He's just going to get set up in a nice cell with whatever he needs and basically just gets to hang out for a month. I doubt it's going to be a worse punishment than living with the fact that he killed someone he obviously was friends with. If something like that doesn't stop you from doing it again, 30 days in jail certainly isn't going to.


He's gonna get a lot more than thirty days. Drunk driving, manslaughter, etc are bad. It is not comparable to Stallworth because the guy in Stallworth's case went out in front of the car not on a crosswalk or anything.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RAVINGMADD


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2514
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
RAVINGMADD wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Why would you NOT take advantage of a prepaid car service? Brent deserves to be locked up.

I really don't think that's the answer. Definitely take away his driving privileges, but I don't think we need the government paying to feed and house these idiots. And I'm sure he's going to have to pay enough living with what he's done.

I don't think jail time really has the preventative effect everyone thinks it does. Especially for an NFL player. He's just going to get set up in a nice cell with whatever he needs and basically just gets to hang out for a month. I doubt it's going to be a worse punishment than living with the fact that he killed someone he obviously was friends with. If something like that doesn't stop you from doing it again, 30 days in jail certainly isn't going to.


He's gonna get a lot more than thirty days. Drunk driving, manslaughter, etc are bad. It is not comparable to Stallworth because the guy in Stallworth's case went out in front of the car not on a crosswalk or anything.

Regardless of the number of days, it isn't going to be as much of a deterrent as living with the fact that you killed your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18602
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
RAVINGMADD wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Why would you NOT take advantage of a prepaid car service? Brent deserves to be locked up.

I really don't think that's the answer. Definitely take away his driving privileges, but I don't think we need the government paying to feed and house these idiots. And I'm sure he's going to have to pay enough living with what he's done.

I don't think jail time really has the preventative effect everyone thinks it does. Especially for an NFL player. He's just going to get set up in a nice cell with whatever he needs and basically just gets to hang out for a month. I doubt it's going to be a worse punishment than living with the fact that he killed someone he obviously was friends with. If something like that doesn't stop you from doing it again, 30 days in jail certainly isn't going to.


He's gonna get a lot more than thirty days. Drunk driving, manslaughter, etc are bad. It is not comparable to Stallworth because the guy in Stallworth's case went out in front of the car not on a crosswalk or anything.

Regardless of the number of days, it isn't going to be as much of a deterrent as living with the fact that you killed your friend.
You know when you spend 10 years in prison, that's 10 years you can't get behind the wheel drunk, that's a pretty good deterrent, and regardless of what you believe, prison is no cake walk, not even for pro athletes.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brents going to get some jail time.. but it wont matter.. wont fix the man that died.. If anything he should be ordered to keep working and to pay Browns family a settlement or payments to help support them..
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4732
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarence Hill wrote:
Agent Peter Schaeffer released a statement late Saturday night on behalf of client Josh Brent: "I am devastated and filled with grief. Filled with grief for the loss of my close friend and team mate, Jerry Brown. I am also grief-stricken for his family, friends and all who were blessed enough to have known him. I will live with this horrific and tragic loss every day for the rest of my life. My prayers are with his family, our teammates and his friends at this time."

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13699
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
and he will probably get 30 days in jail like stallworth.



It is different bc the pedistrian jumped out in front of dantes call and it was deemed that he would have hit the guy regardless of the alchohol
Yep. This guy is charged with manslaughter. He'll spend a good chunk of his life in prison if convicted.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 1490
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still cant help but feel kinda bad for Brent. He screwed up, no doubt about it, and he killed one of his best friends. But an accident is an accident. Now he's gotta live with that on his conscience for the rest of his life. Who cares about jail time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group