Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent wishlist...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
This relates to this thread a bit...

How much does everyone think that Trindon Holliday will get paid this off season? I would love to have him back in Denver, but I can see a struggling team offering him a big more $$$ than we are comfortable with. I hope not. He is straight up electric, and this team really lacks play makers overall.

Looks like he's under contract through 2013. In 2014 he becomes a ERFA.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rashard Mendenhall is a free agent next year and looks like his time as a Steeler is over with. I'd be on board for him, he's got good size and speed and runs hard. He's had some injuries but when healthy he's a good back.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A HUGE no to Mendenhall... His career average is 4.1 ypc and has major durability issues. Not to mention he just got suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. So he's obviously a me first guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
A HUGE no to Mendenhall... His career average is 4.1 ypc and has major durability issues. Not to mention he just got suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. So he's obviously a me first guy.

4.1 career YPC? You mean the same as Mcgahee's career average? 4.1 isn't bad at all. As far as the injuries, what RB isn't hurt nowadays?
I would rather have Mendenhall than Moreno any day.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Well, to be fair AAA, injuries can derail any FQ signings, Porter just as much as Warren. Ty was a high risk/high rewards based upon our need at the position.

Osweiller is still a big question in my mind though. Not to say I am unhappy with him, we really haven't got to see what he's got. That being said, we moved back from the 25th pick to get BO where we could have had Hightower or Martin and probably still got Wolfe later on with our pick in the 2nd, so I hope Elway knows what he was doing there. I would have really liked to see Hightower and Wolfe together on this D and drafted a qb in this up coming draft.

I don't thin you can say that Wolfe would have been there with Denver's original 2nd. Derek Wolfe flew up draft boards and with his versatility he could have been a viable option for a 3/4 or 4/3 team.

As far as Osweiler, i still don't have a problem with the pick. QB is the most important position in football and if you look at this years QB prospects its VERY possible he could have been the first QB taken in 2013 if he had a similar or better year than 2012. To go along with that, based on the QB's that will likely be available in 2013 Osweiler is probably (Geno Smith is really the only competition and it is more because of his athleticism) the most talented passer. If anything a year in advance of the Osweiler pick John Elway looks like a genius, IMO.
roar2014

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

4.1 career YPC? You mean the same as Mcgahee's career average? 4.1 isn't bad at all. As far as the injuries, what RB isn't hurt nowadays?

I completely agree. Mendenhall is better back than Moreno and other than his injuries he has been solid. He would come relatively cheap and we could grab him for a one year deal and let him prove himself.

Regarding his suspension: It was stated that he didn't show up to Heinz field for the game because he was a healthy scratch for the third time, so it seems like his time is up there and he is unhappy with his situation. I don't believe he has ever made headlines for being a locker room problem or being a me first guy. This guy just needs a change of scenery and Denver would be a great one!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
JackedUP wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I completely agree. Mendenhall is better back than Moreno and other than his injuries he has been solid. He would come relatively cheap and we could grab him for a one year deal and let him prove himself.

Regarding his suspension: It was stated that he didn't show up to Heinz field for the game because he was a healthy scratch for the third time, so it seems like his time is up there and he is unhappy with his situation. I don't believe he has ever made headlines for being a locker room problem or being a me first guy. This guy just needs a change of scenery and Denver would be a great one!

Why not Shonn Greene instead? Big banger, shouldn't be too expensive and may want out of NY. (who wouldn't?)
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

His best season was in 2009. Outside of that he has done nothing to justify a decent contract. What RB's aren't injured argument is a poor excuse. As is you brushing off that he was suspended for flat out not showing up to the game because he was a healthy scratch.

You ever wonder why he is a healthy scratch? Because he is just not that good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
roar2014 wrote:
JackedUP wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Why not Shonn Greene instead? Big banger, shouldn't be too expensive and may want out of NY. (who wouldn't?)
I would prefer Mendenhall. He hasn't produced up to his talent level if you ask me. I guess that is a negative thing though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather have Rashard Mendenhall than Lance Ball on this team.

However, dont see this team forking out the money for a RB like Mendenhall. He is a starting RB in the NFL and will find a job somewhere. My guess is either Detroit, NYJ, or MIA.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Well, to be fair AAA, injuries can derail any FQ signings, Porter just as much as Warren. Ty was a high risk/high rewards based upon our need at the position.

Osweiller is still a big question in my mind though. Not to say I am unhappy with him, we really haven't got to see what he's got. That being said, we moved back from the 25th pick to get BO where we could have had Hightower or Martin and probably still got Wolfe later on with our pick in the 2nd, so I hope Elway knows what he was doing there. I would have really liked to see Hightower and Wolfe together on this D and drafted a qb in this up coming draft.

I don't thin you can say that Wolfe would have been there with Denver's original 2nd. Derek Wolfe flew up draft boards and with his versatility he could have been a viable option for a 3/4 or 4/3 team.

As far as Osweiler, i still don't have a problem with the pick. QB is the most important position in football and if you look at this years QB prospects its VERY possible he could have been the first QB taken in 2013 if he had a similar or better year than 2012. To go along with that, based on the QB's that will likely be available in 2013 Osweiler is probably (Geno Smith is really the only competition and it is more because of his athleticism) the most talented passer. If anything a year in advance of the Osweiler pick John Elway looks like a genius, IMO.

Well, if I recall Wolfe had been projected as a late 2nd early 3rd and was also behind projected late 1dt rders Jerel Worthy and Kendall Reyes , bothe fo whom went in the 50th pick range. Most scouts had both of those guys rated higher than Wolfe, therefore my suppostion.

As for Brock, time will tell, as I said, not unhappy with this pick...yet

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually a few parallels between us picking up PM, then drafting Brock and Shanny getting RGIII and Cousins in the same draft.

The same positives are true for both and have already been pointed out. Both QB's starting in a brand new offense, not relearning a different system. Both QB's getting familiar with the same receivers, playcalling etc; and no doubt at all who's #1.

personally I'm fine with the pick. When Brock does get his chance he'll be much better prepared than any kid coming out of college. Ten years from now this may look like the best move Elway made.

Also, can't really think of 1 other player we could have taken at that spot that would have affected our W/L record.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please bring Peyton Hillis back. I know he had some issues in Cleveland but I believe in the right situation (Denver), he would be a great team player (as he was before), and we all know he has talent. He could be a beast in this offense. Can run, catch, and block.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
Please bring Peyton Hillis back. I know he had some issues in Cleveland but I believe in the right situation (Denver), he would be a great team player (as he was before), and we all know he has talent. He could be a beast in this offense. Can run, catch, and block.

Peyton Hillis is awful. He is a lockerroom cancer (like he was in Denver) and his talent has been overrated so many times it isn't funny. I know many liked him, but it's blatantly obvious his year in Cleveland was an aberration.

Give me Chris Ivory or a rookie RB in the draft

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

Peyton Hillis is awful. He is a lockerroom cancer (like he was in Denver) and his talent has been overrated so many times it isn't funny. I know many liked him, but it's blatantly obvious his year in Cleveland was an aberration.

Give me Chris Ivory or a rookie RB in the draft

x10000000000

Do not like Hillis one bit and I think Ivory could be a good one if given the chance to be the lead back. Fits this offense pretty well. Bigger back that is capable of running between the tackles and punishing defenders and has shown some ability out of the backfield as a receiver. Reminds me of a younger McGahee minus the gruesome injury in college.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: