Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent wishlist...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mile High

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
SenorClean2k0 wrote:
What about Reggie Bush?
That wouldn't be a bad option if you ask me, but I think he will command more money than the FO will be comfortable with.

I wouldn't want him. We already have our explosive HB in Hillman.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like the idea of improving the depth on the offensive line
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Asomugha is cut, and chooses a ring over money, then I say let's put him into a proper man-to-man scheme again here in Denver while replacing the unresigned - due to health issues - Porter. From what I have seen, Nnamdi's demise in Philly stems from the fact of him playing in the wrong defense.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked Asomugha. I remember watching him in a game against Denver and we targeted him with Brandon Marshall on a short pass and blocks early and Asomugha took himself out with an injury. I think because of the physical contact. He brought himself back in later but we ended up having Marshall mostly on the other Oakland corner(Chris Johnson) leaving Royal to get shut down, which I remember hating as a gamplan at the time. But anyway I always thought he was soft.

I think the guy is a one-dimensional sideline defender not unlike a Brandon Browner except without the physical toughness in run defense. He has declined since his glory days in Oakland(where the team basically schemed to make Asomugha look good as opposed to what would make the team as a whole due well) and I can't stand him.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears will probably let Urlacher walk as his contract is set to expire. Can definitely see Denver signing him as a stop gap, depending on how they feel about his health. There's need at the position, and similar to Brooking, Urlacher is a heady player who can line up our other young backers and keep the defense discipline, while being an upgrade to Brooking both athletically and as far as football talent is concerned.

Makes sense for Denver filling a need, and financially. Urlacher will chase the ring at this point, rather than the money. A somewhat logical fit for both player and team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Bears will probably let Urlacher walk as his contract is set to expire. Can definitely see Denver signing him as a stop gap, depending on how they feel about his health. There's need at the position, and similar to Brooking, Urlacher is a heady player who can line up our other young backers and keep the defense discipline, while being an upgrade to Brooking both athletically and as far as football talent is concerned.

Makes sense for Denver filling a need, and financially. Urlacher will chase the ring at this point, rather than the money. A somewhat logical fit for both player and team.

Love this idea, but what does this mean for DJ. I kinda figured he would take over MLB next year.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Love this idea, but what does this mean for DJ. I kinda figured he would take over MLB next year.

I think it means he's gone. He's got a large cp # next year and he's really done nothing to show he could be our MLB.

He's had 8 weeks to grab that spot from an aging Brooking and hasn't done it.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

I think it means he's gone. He's got a large cp # next year and he's really done nothing to show he could be our MLB.

He's had 8 weeks to grab that spot from an aging Brooking and hasn't done it.

Not quite sure this is a fair analysis. When DJ came back many here said why mess with the team structure? "If it aint broke, dont fix it." I am not sure DJ Williams has actually been given a REAL opportunity to unseat Brooking.

Without McGahee going down, we would never have seen Moreno play as well as he has, compared to his previous form. If Brooking went down, I have no doubt DJ would hold the fort and probably play at a much higher level than Keith.

DJ Williams might indeed be gone next year but I dont think it has anything to do with him not being able to beat out Brooking. The coaches are just comfortable with Brooking's intangibles and leadership. From a personal standpoint, I still think DJ Williams would be a much better MLB for us than Brooking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: