Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft Reply with quote

Denver Mock OffSeason

OC- Tom Moore

Retain/ Extend-
-OT Ryan Clady
-CB- Chris Harris
- DT Mitch Unrein
-CB Tony Carter
Free Agents-

- OG Brandon Moore

- DE Michael Johnson

- WR Kevin Ogletree

Draft 30-32 pick

Round 1- Sharrif Floyd DT Florida- Denver has done fantastic job rebuilding its defense. However, they could still use another impact player on the interior. Floyd is that impact player. He is stout against the run and is quick off the ball. He is yet another toy for JDR to play with on a talented defense.

Round 2- Robert Lester S Alabama- While the CB spot is solid, the safety spot could use another player. Lester can come in quickly and team up with an improving Moore to form a nice, young duo at safety.

Round 3- Andrew Jackson ILB Western Kentucky- Throw out the triangle numbers with this guy. He is a downhill thumper who can lead a defense. He is always around the ball will be a perfect complement to this defense

Round 4- Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska- Rex doesn’t have a WOW factor, but he is solid and can do everything except the homerun. He is a Fox type of back.

Round 6- Ace Saunders WR/PR/KR- Saunders is a dynamic players that is great for Special Teams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft. I like Burkhead for us (hate Nebraska though). I feel like I'm in the minority that believes we should take a guard.

elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegaxla49 wrote:
Nice draft. I like Burkhead for us (hate Nebraska though). I feel like I'm in the minority that believes we should take a guard.

I agree. I have us signing a guard. However, I would definitely endorse draft an OG if we dont sign one

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk if I want a safety that high.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

I don't think we need a safety. I'm happy with our starters - Moore and Adams - and our backups - Leonard, Bruton and don't forget about Quinton Carter.

Elway has done a downright outstanding job of stacking depth to this team that I think it would be wise for us to try to trade up and get a few high-impact players.

I'd be happy if we can find a way to trade up into the the mid-teens and get a DT like Johnathan Hankins or Sheldon Richardson or even Manti T'eo if he drops far enough.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I don't think we need a safety. I'm happy with our starters - Moore and Adams - and our backups - Leonard, Bruton and don't forget about Quinton Carter.

Elway has done a downright outstanding job of stacking depth to this team that I think it would be wise for us to try to trade up and get a few high-impact players.

I'd be happy if we can find a way to trade up into the the mid-teens and get a DT like Johnathan Hankins or Sheldon Richardson or even Manti T'eo if he drops far enough.

Actually, won't Carter replace Adams at SS next year?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:

I'm sure Fox will let them compete in training camp and the preseason and the best player will win the starting job. Adams has played well this year and we don't know how the injury and time off will affect Carter. This year, Adams was the starter at SS and Moore and Carter rotated at FS during the early portion of camp before Carter got hurt.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

i dont know why but carter is very highly rated on this forum i know he showed signs but we cant risk it we need a impact player for right now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us going after ogletree or johnson, but the draft is really good and very realistic. It is much tougher to do a realistic mock when picking so late in the draft. There isn't alot of impact players to choose from.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:

I doubt it. Mike Adams is much better in man coverage than Carter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: