Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Optimistic Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omegaxla49

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: My Optimistic Mock Draft Reply with quote

1. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia 5'9" 176 lbs

We draft Austin to become our new slot receiver. Austin is a dynamic, explosive playmaker who can help put our Offense on another level. Having to worry about DT or Decker over the top will leave tons of space in the middle for Austin to do his work. Hopefully we reserve Stokely to mentor him on the ins and outs of playing in the slot.

2. Kawann Short DT Purdue 6'3" 310 lbs

Denver finally gets it's beast in the middle. Short is stout against the run and will only help solidify our #3 ranked rush defense. Short can be streaky but with JDR and John Fox to get on him (Not to mention PFM lighting a fire under all players) I have hopes we can get his best play consistently.

3. Travis Frederick OC/OG Wisconsin 6'4" 330 lbs

Frederick is a stout man against the run. I feel he would upgrade our depth and could eventually take over for the aging Chris Kuper. At worst he is better than Ramirez.

4. Everrett Dawkins DT Florida State University 6'2" 295 lbs

We double dip at the DT position and snag Dawkins in the 4th. Like Short Dawkins plays well against the run, but Dawkins has shown signs of being able to rush the passer. With teams having to worry about Von Doom, Dawkins should be able to help apply pressure up the middle.

5. Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska 5'11" 210 lbs

Burkhead has shown he is capable of carrying the load at Nebraska. He won't be asked to do that in Denver but I like the potential he has as a three down back. He hits the hole hard, catches well out of the backfield and is decent in pass pro.

6. Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina 6'2" 240 Lbs

I feel like Reddick can be our man in the middle. He has good size and moves well. He was used as a blitzer and has good movement downhill to the football.

Now I feel like this is a great draft class for us but I'll admit I'm not the best at these. I used Drafttek.com for my rankings and it was last updated on December 16th, so some of this is probably inaccurate as to how these guys will fall. Also skipped the 7th round pick because I just have no idea on what to do there.

JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love those unc helmets.
kansas bob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this draft if only it would come true. I doubt if we can get Austin and Short drafting as late as we do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you DID say optimistic... Cool

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that Frederick guy absolutely belongs in either a Denver, New England, or Green Bay jersey. Just looks like he'd fit in.

If we got Kawann Short in the 2nd round I'd go nuts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: