Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24208
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
It's sad when fans of the no. 1 offense whine.


You can't have a good offense without athletic freak WR's. Even if they can't run routes, catch, read defenses etc.


things which can be taught...


Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Do you actually believe the tripe you post when it comes to WR's? I am hoping it is more of a gimmick than an accurate representation of your understanding of football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24208
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
It's sad when fans of the no. 1 offense whine.


You can't have a good offense without athletic freak WR's. Even if they can't run routes, catch, read defenses etc.


things which can be taught...


Chad Jackson says Hi!


2 torn acs say hi... Confused


That was in his 2nd year in the afc title game. Way past being a bust.


That was his rookie season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22627
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
a really good example as to why - when it comes to a WR - you're more interested in trolling than actually having a substantive football-based conversation.


Ok ok ok.

In place of Edleman, we could easily fit a more athletic deep threat type along side Lloyd, Wes, and the TEs. Some not asked to run every single route, who can make defenses pay for playing us certain ways. I.E. Brady going deep to Lloyd, Welker, Stallworth, Vereen last week...sub SOMEONE on one of those plays and put in a legit athlete with speed instead.

That would be a pretty scary rotation actually. Very Happy
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear


Last edited by NextBigThing on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46981
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
It's sad when fans of the no. 1 offense whine.


You can't have a good offense without athletic freak WR's. Even if they can't run routes, catch, read defenses etc.


things which can be taught...


Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Do you actually believe the tripe you post when it comes to WR's? I am hoping it is more of a gimmick than an accurate representation of your understanding of football.
NBT is way too committed for this to be trolling. This is pure clinical obsessive derangement.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22627
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt call it 'trolling' as much as it's going to the extreme to get an unpopular but accurate point across.

It's "an Inconvenient Truth". Wink
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24208
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
a really good example as to why - when it comes to a WR - you're more interested in trolling than actually having a substantive football-based conversation.


Ok ok ok.

In place of Edleman, we could easily fit a more athletic deep threat type along side Lloyd, Wes, and the TEs. That would be a pretty scary rotation actually. Very Happy


If you had started this premise with this statement:

"Instead of re-signing Edelman, the Pats should find a more complementary player with go-deep ability"

I suspect you would have gotten few disagreements and a few pages of genuine and interesting football based discussion.

Of course, I don't actually think that's what you want with these threads because you all-too-frequently stoop to blatant trolling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24208
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
I wouldnt call it 'trolling' as much as it's going to the extreme to get an unpopular but accurate point across.

It's "an Inconvenient Truth". Wink


It's not an accurate point when you are calling Mo Massaquoi a "wide receiver[s] with legitimate athleticism"

It's not unpopular to suggest that the Pats could benefit from a speedy WR. Not at all. It is, however, unpopular to turn it into a fetish and take literally every thread about it to a ridiculous extreme littered with factual inaccuracies, Randy Moss references and hyperbole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24208
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
It's sad when fans of the no. 1 offense whine.


You can't have a good offense without athletic freak WR's. Even if they can't run routes, catch, read defenses etc.


things which can be taught...


Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Do you actually believe the tripe you post when it comes to WR's? I am hoping it is more of a gimmick than an accurate representation of your understanding of football.
NBT is way too committed for this to be trolling. This is pure clinical obsessive derangement.


He wants attention and knows he will get it. Look no further than the ridiculous AJ Green thread in NFL General or his AJ Green draft thread that was 100 pages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9099
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
It's sad when fans of the no. 1 offense whine.


You can't have a good offense without athletic freak WR's. Even if they can't run routes, catch, read defenses etc.


things which can be taught...


Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Do you actually believe the tripe you post when it comes to WR's? I am hoping it is more of a gimmick than an accurate representation of your understanding of football.
NBT is way too committed for this to be trolling. This is pure clinical obsessive derangement.


He wants attention and knows he will get it. Look no further than the ridiculous AJ Green thread in NFL General or his AJ Green draft thread that was 100 pages.


I want to read this! link?
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9099
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. Found it

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=373141&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24208
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
It's sad when fans of the no. 1 offense whine.


You can't have a good offense without athletic freak WR's. Even if they can't run routes, catch, read defenses etc.


things which can be taught...


Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Do you actually believe the tripe you post when it comes to WR's? I am hoping it is more of a gimmick than an accurate representation of your understanding of football.
NBT is way too committed for this to be trolling. This is pure clinical obsessive derangement.


He wants attention and knows he will get it. Look no further than the ridiculous AJ Green thread in NFL General or his AJ Green draft thread that was 100 pages.


I want to read this! link?


Current thread:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=507498

AJ Green thread with 99,943 views and over 1400 replies:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=373141
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22627
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should re-sign Edleman and let Welker go. Pay Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace whatever Welker wants, they will bring more to our offense. That is IF we opt to sign one, though.

If NBT were in charge, Welker would walk, Edleman brought back. Lloyd kept on. FA money would go to defense- signing a CB and safety. I would re-sign Talib (if not, go hard after Brent Grimes) so McCourtey can remain at strong safety. Reed would be nice & worth exploring, but I wouldn't offer him a fair market deal. He would only play here if he took a bit of a pay cut compared to other offers I am sure he would receive. Dashon Goldson, if he hits the market, would warrant a large offer from NBT. Probably overpay to get him.

Receiver would be addressed via the draft. I figure 1 of Patterson, Williams, Hunter, Rodgers, or Coleman would be available at either 32 or 64. If we had to trade up to get them, I would. If CP or TW fell into the 20s, they're worth the trade up.

Quote:
He wants attention and knows he will get it. Look no further than the ridiculous AJ Green thread in NFL General or his AJ Green draft thread that was 100 pages.


Dont care about attention. Am quite interesting reading the the discussion though. Some folks like to take part in on going discussion, others like to lead/create it. Nothing wrong. Both Green threads are legit, especially the draft one. Green was by far the best receiver prospect, yet some had him behind Michael Floyd and Deandre Brown. Laughing
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22627
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? Now nobody wants to talk anymore
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9099
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
See? Now nobody wants to talk anymore


Hard to argue with a brick wall.
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the point, and maybe statement that should be made here is;

The Patriot WR group does not have a very diverse set of skills.

Lloyd = Work sidelines.
Welker - Great slot.

Edelman = showing flashes, but still similar to what Welker is.

Slater, Branch, and anyone else below them are close to useless in the passing game. It's not just a down field threat that's missing. It's a WR on the outside that can run routes and get open. We just don't have that, at all, and there's not a young one waiting in the wings. It's really sad.

This is obviously masked by our great TE play, who can do a lot of what we need outside, so the offense is still very effective, but this is the scary part. With minor upgrading, it can be historic.

CP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group