Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weapons needed..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
We can say we need to ignore size all we want but understans this the very best WR in this game are all very big WR who can play on the outside.

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

I like Austin alot but not in round 1 he is 5-9 170 if we had a big fast outside guy then i would love austin in bess spot. We would still have redzone problems and someone who cant get deep on the outside. Even victor cruz is 6-0 200 and has hakeem nicks on the outside. Everything i read and see is Austin is more quick then fast he wont get deep like desean jackson.

"This offense doesn't need a #1. " - most posters last off-season.

It really doesn't, but that assumes we have a legit seam threat tight end and 3 dependable #2 types, and that our backs play a bigger role in the passing game than they did. I still don't get how Bush has 29 catches through 14 games. The absence of those elements exacerbated the limitations of the weapons we do have.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
We can say we need to ignore size all we want but understans this the very best WR in this game are all very big WR who can play on the outside.

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

I like Austin alot but not in round 1 he is 5-9 170 if we had a big fast outside guy then i would love austin in bess spot. We would still have redzone problems and someone who cant get deep on the outside. Even victor cruz is 6-0 200 and has hakeem nicks on the outside. Everything i read and see is Austin is more quick then fast he wont get deep like desean jackson.

"This offense doesn't need a #1. " - most posters last off-season.

It really doesn't, but that assumes we have a legit seam threat tight end and 3 dependable #2 types, and that our backs play a bigger role in the passing game than they did. I still don't get how Bush has 29 catches through 14 games. The absence of those elements exacerbated the limitations of the weapons we do have.

I look at New England as the best example of a team that doesn't have a big time WR, but has two phenomenal TE's....With that in mind I'm sure it will go over much better when trying to sell season tickets if the team either signs a top FA WR or drafts one. In an interview Griese discusses how he became a much better QB once the team acquired Mercury Morris and said a playmaking WR would be very beneficial to Tannehill.

I'm still confused by Bush's lack of use i tnhe passing game. With the lack of receiving talent on this team he should almost be featured, not to mention the mismatches he creates. This could be a play design choice or Tannehill hasn't utilize him...either way, it is a mistake. If they do retain Reggie's services for the next few years they should really consider finding ways to get him involved in the passing game more (no reason he shouldn't have 50 receptions on the season especially with this teams WR core.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

Not sure what you are reading but darn near every article you read on Tavon Austin has speed in it.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/12/tavon-austin-scouting-report.html

Dude, it is ok not to like him due to size. Many players fall due to size. But I ask you, could Miami have used T.Y Hilton this year? The correct answer is "yes" and Ireland wanted him when they were trading Vontae Davis as an asset. Here are TY Hilton's measurables: 5-9, 183 lbs. Does that look familiar? I am sick and tired of people pointing to height for everything. It does not matter if the guy is a game changer. Hilton has proven valueable to the Colts offense. Austing can and probably will do the same thing for the team that takes him.

There is a chance Austin falls in round 2 or 3 but I know Miami better not take Justin Hunter. He does not change direction well. I favor Keenan Allen over him. Not even sold on Robert Woods.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

Not sure what you are reading but darn near every article you read on Tavon Austin has speed in it.

Dude, it is ok not to like him due to size. Many players fall due to size. But I ask you, could Miami have used T.Y Hilton this year? The correct answer is "yes" and Ireland wanted him when they were trading Vontae Davis as an asset. Here are TY Hilton's measurables: 5-9, 183 lbs. Does that look familiar? I am sick and tired of people pointing to height for everything. It does not matter if the guy is a game changer. Hilton has proven valueable to the Colts offense. Austing can and probably will do the same thing for the team that takes him.

There is a chance Austin falls in round 2 or 3 but I know Miami better not take Justin Hunter. He does not change direction well. I favor Keenan Allen over him. Not even sold on Robert Woods.

Damn Ovaw, you ought to talk about the skill positions more often, you're making sense and I like it.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to add Austin. We need as many playmakers as possible. This would make even more sense if we go get Eifert or Ertz.

Pick up Bowe in FA then all of a sudden our receivers look pretty damn fine.

^^^Kempes^^^
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

Dude i like tavon austin alot not sure where you get i dont. I just dont like him as a first round pick especially in the 12-16 range and 32 other GM's would agree.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all in favor of tavon austin in early round 2 where he is probably going to go. I read philpin was pushing for the randall cobb pick so it wouldnt surprise me at all he is on Miami radar
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

Dude i like tavon austin alot not sure where you get i dont. I just dont like him as a first round pick especially in the 12-16 range and 32 other GM's would agree.

In honestly he probably will not go in round 1 because of his height. But the way Miami looks right now, they will be picking outside of the top 10. The question is does he make it in round 2. All this is a moot point if they take a WR in the first round anyway.. Laughing
hazehead13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love austin but what we really need is a red zone threat
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Zone threat can come from TE....

The issue with drafting a WR in the 1st this year is that it is a comparatively poor year for that position. Next year, when Lee and Watkins are available, will be completely different.

Bowe or Jennings in FA, BPA in the 1st, Austin is the second...should make for a successful off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Red Zone threat can come from TE....

The issue with drafting a WR in the 1st this year is that it is a comparatively poor year for that position. Next year, when Lee and Watkins are available, will be completely different.

Bowe or Jennings in FA, BPA in the 1st, Austin is the second...should make for a successful off-season.
completely agree with BPA.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Vincent jackson
calvin johnson
roddy white
julio jones
demaryius thomas
andre johnson
larry fitz
brandon marshal
dwayne bowe
AJ green

In honestly he probably will not go in round 1 because of his height. But the way Miami looks right now, they will be picking outside of the top 10. The question is does he make it in round 2. All this is a moot point if they take a WR in the first round anyway.. Laughing

I'm something of a speed snob, and IMO u should use your late round picks (5th, 6th, 7th) grabbing the fastest players left on the board. My philosophy is since these players rarely make a team for the long term, but often make a practice squad to be coached up.....why not pick a player for the asset that can't be created by coaching and can't be neutralized by opponents coaching.........Speed.

There is a direct link between playmakers and speed. I'll also point out that for a player to play fast he must be able to process fast, and that's what separates the early round speedsters from the late round speedsters.....Early round speedsters should be players that have high production at the Collegiate level who's playing speed and production matches their 40 times.....Late round speedsters should be players who may not necessarily have a high level of Collegiate production, but their 40 times are undeniably fast with a few nice game reel highlights.

Btw; I see Austin as a 2nd rounder.....and I was begging for us to draft TY Hilton somewhere, or Chris Rainey late.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you give for Greg Jennings?
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

I would not give up anything for him. I think he is broken down and often injured. In fact, I would not endorse Miami signing him. I much prefer Miami sign Wallace over him.
pope137

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

I would not give up anything for him. I think he is broken down and often injured. In fact, I would not endorse Miami signing him. I much prefer Miami sign Wallace over him.

I would sign wallace over jennings anyday especially considering age and injury concerns.

Ive been saying it forever we need playmakers. and this is a bad off season to be trying to get them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: