Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII is seemingly OK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody wants to read, I'll post it again.

Tom Shean wrote:
Both Bob Sanders and RG3 are very small, electric players that played far too physically for their bodies to handle, and subject themselves to huge hits. Sanders would often knock himself out of games laying the wood on somebody.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you didn't seem like you read my reply the first time,

daboyle250 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
The Bob Sanders of QBs.

And you wonder why people bash you when you post...
Why is that so far off? Both Bob Sanders and RG3 are very small, electric players that played far too physically for their bodies to handle, and subject themselves to huge hits. Sanders would often knock himself out of games laying the wood on somebody.

Of course, this is only relevant if Shanahan decides he wants to keep running with Griffin.

So why is my post so far off?

RG3 isn't short, he's 6ft 2in while Sanders is 5ft 8. He's taller than Vick and Brees and same as Romo, and only missed 1 quarter and about 30 seconds. When running, RG3 gets out of bounds 85% of the time and when he doesn't, then the game is on the line and he's trying to get as much yards as he can. He's been hit a lot this year but always went up for the next play except for the two games he went out on.

Tracker: 22 catches, 227 yards, 1 TD
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say he was short. I said he was small. Romo is a full 13 pounds heavier than Griffin, doesn't scramble or run as much as Griffin, and when he does, he doesn't dive headfirst into Haloti Ngata.

And what about Vick? Is he some sort of iron man or something?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly Redskins, injuries are for Ravens Laughing..... Sad
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Since nobody wants to read, I'll post it again.

Tom Shean wrote:
Both Bob Sanders and RG3 are very small, electric players that played far too physically for their bodies to handle, and subject themselves to huge hits. Sanders would often knock himself out of games laying the wood on somebody.

Agree with this 100%

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
I didn't say he was short. I said he was small. Romo is a full 13 pounds heavier than Griffin, doesn't scramble or run as much as Griffin, and when he does, he doesn't dive headfirst into Haloti Ngata.

And what about Vick? Is he some sort of iron man or something?

Are you going to keep embellishing? he did not dive head first into Ngata, he actually dove to the ground to avoid the hit and his leg just got caught at an awkward angle and Ngata hit it. And unless I'm mistaken RGIII weighed in at 222lbs at the combine, not the listed 217lbs on ESPN.

Palmer, Schaub, Brady, Rothlisberger and many more traditional QBs have proven that standing in the pocket is just as dangerous as scrambling.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do fans need somebody to blame when injuries happen? Shenanigans happen - get over it. It's a contact sport - people get hurt. End of story. It's bad luck. RGIII gets hurt. Carson Palmer gets hurt. Tom Brady gets hurt. They are human. Some years they don't get hurt. Some years they do. Stop looking for somebody or something to blame.

Also - comparing RGIII to Sanders is ridiculous. This is RGIII's first injury, can we wait until he misses a game before we comparing him to one of the most injury prone players ever? It's not that people dont' want to read your post Mr. Shean it's just that it's so unreasonable that it does not generally warrant a response.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Why do fans need somebody to blame when injuries happen? Shenanigans happen - get over it. It's a contact sport - people get hurt. End of story. It's bad luck. RGIII gets hurt. Carson Palmer gets hurt. Tom Brady gets hurt. They are human. Some years they don't get hurt. Some years they do. Stop looking for somebody or something to blame.

Also - comparing RGIII to Sanders is ridiculous. This is RGIII's first injury, can we wait until he misses a game before we comparing him to one of the most injury prone players ever?

*sigh*

Tom Shean wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

Also - comparing RGIII to Sanders is ridiculous. This is RGIII's first injury, can we wait until he misses a game before we comparing him to one of the most injury prone players ever?

*sigh*

Tom Shean wrote:

Your copy and paste skills are excellent. Still doesn't negate the fact that your argument holds no water. Bob Sanders - a safety - hurt himself by putting his body on the line to make tackles. RGIII - a QB - hurt himself by attempting to slide and a freak accident occured when a 340lb monster hit him in the leg.

Yeah - they are the same. Good point. Tell me more.

Edit: Vince Wilfork is like CJ Spiller. Ben Roethlisberger is like Jake Long. Troy Polamalu is like Mike Mayock. Spoon is like hamburger. We can all make silly comparisons. Doesn't make them right.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

*sigh*

Tom Shean wrote:

Your copy and paste skills are excellent. Still doesn't negate the fact that your argument holds no water. Bob Sanders - a safety - hurt himself by putting his body on the line to make tackles. RGIII - a QB - hurt himself by attempting to slide and a freak accident occured when a 340lb monster hit him in the leg.

Yeah - they are the same. Good point. Tell me more.

Edit: Vince Wilfork is like CJ Spiller. Ben Roethlisberger is like Jake Long. Troy Polamalu is like Mike Mayock. Spoon is like hamburger. We can all make silly comparisons. Doesn't make them right.

My comment wasn't about this one incident. Let's go over this real slow.

Both small.
Both play very physically.
Both get injured because of those things.

Those are the similarities that I was pointing out. Obviously there are lots of differences between them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both small.
One played very physically. One is a QB who runs away from people.
One got injured all the time. One got injured once on a freak accident type play.

Those are the similarities that I was pointing out. Obviously there are lots of differences between them.[/quote]

FIFY
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Quote:

Both small.
One got injured all the time. One got injured once on a freak accident type play.

Those are the similarities that I was pointing out. Obviously there are lots of differences between them.

FIFY

As I've said, yes there are differences, I'm pointing out the similarities between them here. Why are you so defensive about this anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Quote:

Both small.

FIFY

As I've said, yes there are differences, I'm pointing out the similarity between them here. Why are you so defensive about this anyway?

Similarity. Singular. Size. That is all. Not defensive - just a defender of reality and truth. I'm bored because MNF is a blowout and this is keeping me entertained.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.

Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: