Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII is seemingly OK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.


Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?
I made it with a friend, yes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3359
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.


Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?
I made it with a friend, yes.


Sweet - good work man.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for RGIII as well as the 'Skins that this wasn't a major injury that would end up costing him a lot more than just being able to finish out last weeks game and maybe needing to sit this upcoming week.. because as the play just happened, and after seeing the first replay of the injury I personally thought that he could be in REAL trouble.. the way his leg looked while taking the hit from Ngata looked terrible.. I was surprised he was able to even play the handful of plays he was in after it had happened.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41199
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.


Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?
I made it with a friend, yes.


Well you and your friends like some weird music Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bootleg Spanish Electro..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.


Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?
I made it with a friend, yes.


Well you and your friends like some weird music Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bootleg Spanish Electro..

Can't put up any normal songs because they have profanity in them Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41199
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.


Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?
I made it with a friend, yes.


Well you and your friends like some weird music Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bootleg Spanish Electro..

Can't put up any normal songs because they have profanity in them Sad



There are billions of songs that are better than that Laughing

Don't lie to me Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
So you're disagreeing they're small?
Or you're disagreeing they play physically?
Or you're disagreeing that they've been injured because of those things?

Sanders has been injured a lot, but that's not what I'm trying to get at when I mention him.


Why do you have a Youtube clip in your sig? Did you make it?
I made it with a friend, yes.


Well you and your friends like some weird music Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bootleg Spanish Electro..

Can't put up any normal songs because they have profanity in them Sad



There are billions of songs that are better than that Laughing

Don't lie to me Wink
Without any sort of obscene lyrics in it? I didn't have any. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18609
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Why do fans need somebody to blame when injuries happen? Shenanigans happen - get over it. It's a contact sport - people get hurt. End of story. It's bad luck. RGIII gets hurt. Carson Palmer gets hurt. Tom Brady gets hurt. They are human. Some years they don't get hurt. Some years they do. Stop looking for somebody or something to blame.

Also - comparing RGIII to Sanders is ridiculous. This is RGIII's first injury, can we wait until he misses a game before we comparing him to one of the most injury prone players ever?


*sigh*

Tom Shean wrote:
Both Bob Sanders and RG3 are very small, electric players that played far too physically for their bodies to handle, and subject themselves to huge hits. Sanders would often knock himself out of games laying the wood on somebody.


Your copy and paste skills are excellent. Still doesn't negate the fact that your argument holds no water. Bob Sanders - a safety - hurt himself by putting his body on the line to make tackles. RGIII - a QB - hurt himself by attempting to slide and a freak accident occured when a 340lb monster hit him in the leg.

Yeah - they are the same. Good point. Tell me more.

Edit: Vince Wilfork is like CJ Spiller. Ben Roethlisberger is like Jake Long. Troy Polamalu is like Mike Mayock. Spoon is like hamburger. We can all make silly comparisons. Doesn't make them right.

My comment wasn't about this one incident. Let's go over this real slow.

Both small.
Both play very physically.
Both get injured because of those things.

Those are the similarities that I was pointing out. Obviously there are lots of differences between them.
The fact that Bob Sanders had a degenerative foot condition at the time he was drafted that was never going to get better played 0 effect into his missing time too didn't it?
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Why do fans need somebody to blame when injuries happen? Shenanigans happen - get over it. It's a contact sport - people get hurt. End of story. It's bad luck. RGIII gets hurt. Carson Palmer gets hurt. Tom Brady gets hurt. They are human. Some years they don't get hurt. Some years they do. Stop looking for somebody or something to blame.

Also - comparing RGIII to Sanders is ridiculous. This is RGIII's first injury, can we wait until he misses a game before we comparing him to one of the most injury prone players ever?


*sigh*

Tom Shean wrote:
Both Bob Sanders and RG3 are very small, electric players that played far too physically for their bodies to handle, and subject themselves to huge hits. Sanders would often knock himself out of games laying the wood on somebody.


Your copy and paste skills are excellent. Still doesn't negate the fact that your argument holds no water. Bob Sanders - a safety - hurt himself by putting his body on the line to make tackles. RGIII - a QB - hurt himself by attempting to slide and a freak accident occured when a 340lb monster hit him in the leg.

Yeah - they are the same. Good point. Tell me more.

Edit: Vince Wilfork is like CJ Spiller. Ben Roethlisberger is like Jake Long. Troy Polamalu is like Mike Mayock. Spoon is like hamburger. We can all make silly comparisons. Doesn't make them right.

My comment wasn't about this one incident. Let's go over this real slow.

Both small.
Both play very physically.
Both get injured because of those things.

Those are the similarities that I was pointing out. Obviously there are lots of differences between them.
The fact that Bob Sanders had a degenerative foot condition at the time he was drafted that was never going to get better played 0 effect into his missing time too didn't it?

Probably not, because Sanders' season ending injuries were to his knee, arm, and biceps.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Of course, this is only relevant if Shanahan decides he wants to keep running with Griffin.


Griffin wasn't getting hit on designed runs last week. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21378
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats very good news (for skins fans anyway) amazed at how well these players can recover. I was thinking he should be out for 2-3 weeks but if he says hes fine and doctors say hes fine than he'll be starting on sunday.

Personally would give him a week off considering Cousins looked "fine" last week in the little time we saw him. Also they were playing a much better team in the ravens than the browns.

I would sit him for a week, let him get some rest. But I know he'll be out there on sunday Laughing
_________________


Bolieve in Masai
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^The Ravens may be a better team but I consider the Browns a much more difficult matchup. The Ravens defense is full of a bunch of non-starting caliber players while Cleveland actually has the pieces to give the Redskins offense some trouble, even moreso if Griffin isn't 100%.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21378
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
^The Ravens may be a better team but I consider the Browns a much more difficult matchup. The Ravens defense is full of a bunch of non-starting caliber players while Cleveland actually has the pieces to give the Redskins offense some trouble, even moreso if Griffin isn't 100%.


Thats true but they still have many of their key guys from last year (Ngata/Reed) while they didnt have Lewis/Suggs in my eyes they are still the better defense.

But Im not starting Griffin regardless of who they play. But I know Shanahan wont think the same
_________________


Bolieve in Masai
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bungleodeon


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 8694
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
^The Ravens may be a better team but I consider the Browns a much more difficult matchup. The Ravens defense is full of a bunch of non-starting caliber players while Cleveland actually has the pieces to give the Redskins offense some trouble, even moreso if Griffin isn't 100%.

Plus the Ravens did win both head to head match ups with the Browns, but both games were well played games that were decided in the 4th quarter. Browns are young and starting to play better. Browns are certainly more confident now than they have been at anytime this season. The Redskins can't afford a loss with their back up QB on the field if RG3 is cleared to play.

If the Skins were to sit RG3 knowing he was cleared to play and lose, it would be a pretty big story around the league. If he is able to play, they will play him imo. And I also think they should play him because he has earned the right to play these games with everything on the line. One team with 3 straight wins vs a team with 4 straight wins. As a fan, I want to see RG3 on the field.
_________________
Adopt-a-Brown: Jabaal Sheard - Stats:
2011: 55 Tackles - 8.5 Sacks - 5 FF - 1 FR - 2 PD - 7 STF
2012: 54 Tackles - 7 Sacks - 1 FF - 3 PD - 2 STF
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bungleodeon


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 8694
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
^The Ravens may be a better team but I consider the Browns a much more difficult matchup. The Ravens defense is full of a bunch of non-starting caliber players while Cleveland actually has the pieces to give the Redskins offense some trouble, even moreso if Griffin isn't 100%.


Thats true but they still have many of their key guys from last year (Ngata/Reed) while they didnt have Lewis/Suggs in my eyes they are still the better defense.

But Im not starting Griffin regardless of who they play. But I know Shanahan wont think the same
On the season the Browns and Ravens have given up virtually the same amount of points and yards per game. Browns have given up 1 less point and 4 more yards per game.

Obviously the Ravens D is much better at full strength, but I'd say right this second they are very close. The Ravens are a better team than the Browns right now because their offense has been better pretty much all year.
_________________
Adopt-a-Brown: Jabaal Sheard - Stats:
2011: 55 Tackles - 8.5 Sacks - 5 FF - 1 FR - 2 PD - 7 STF
2012: 54 Tackles - 7 Sacks - 1 FF - 3 PD - 2 STF
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group