Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Ryan and the Falcons Struggles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Matt Ryan and the Falcons Struggles Reply with quote

I am not sure of the exact numbers but over the last few games Ryan has almost as many TD passes as he does INT's if not more. THe Oline has played awful recently, but Ryan isn't checking into good plays and Defenses seem to be beating him at counter audibling. Although we have won the last couple of games without Ryan playing well, we won't win in the playoffs that way.

We win or lose with Ryan and if he doesn't start getting protected or making better decisions our playoff run will be short lived again.

Thoughts....

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Falconer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Playoffs Reply with quote

This Falcon team is going to the Superbowl!!! we might even lose another game before the season is over but we will win in the playoffs!!
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone feel like after every single game we play. Win or loss. That Mike Smith's press conference is the exact same. I feel he uses the exact same words every time. Whatever it is, we need to get our act together. I'm really getting tired of this team playing down to their competition all the time. And another first round exit in the playoffs is looming, I believe.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
Does anyone feel like after every single game we play. Win or loss. That Mike Smith's press conference is the exact same. I feel he uses the exact same words every time. Whatever it is, we need to get our act together. I'm really getting tired of this team playing down to their competition all the time. And another first round exit in the playoffs is looming, I believe.

I agree, at some point we have to call out both coaching and upper level management. We have not drafted a DE in years and the result has shown on the field every year. we also have had a patch work O line for years and the results show as well. The trenches on both sides of the ball have to be attacked this offseason. A TE is a luxury pick thus far as I see it. OL and DE are desperate needs. ANd we also need depth at Safety, Linebacker and WR.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His #'s aren't going to look as good but I think this is the bes year of his career. We can legitimately score at any time which hasn been true in the past.

I think he played pretty good yesterday, not great but certainly very good. I don't think his decision making was off, I think he wasn't accurate to start the game and we had some poor play calling and bad protection. The offense certainly is in a funk though. We need to have a big game or two before the playoffs start
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
His #'s aren't going to look as good but I think this is the bes year of his career. We can legitimately score at any time which hasn been true in the past.

I think he played pretty good yesterday, not great but certainly very good. I don't think his decision making was off, I think he wasn't accurate to start the game and we had some poor play calling and bad protection. The offense certainly is in a funk though. We need to have a big game or two before the playoffs start

IT all starts with the Oline but Ryan has to understand he doesnt have a great one so he is going to have to make up for that in other ways

FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyones pointing out Ryan's TD-INT ratio for the past 4 games (4 TDs, 7 INTs) so it looks like hes slumping, but make it the last 3 games and hes at 4 TDs and 2 INTs, not nearly as bad. He didnt get the yardage he usually does against the Saints (only 165) but came away with the win of the year for us so far. Other games in past 4: 301, 353, 342 (all very good games yardage wise). Very skewed by the one 5 INT game to show hes 'slumping'

Compare that to Brees' past 3 games, with an INT ratio of 4 TDs and 9 INTs, but why would analysts ever look at that stat..,

Foster A Falcon:
1. Jonathan Massaquoi (46 combined tackles, 4 sack, 1 PD)
2. Joplo Bartu (85 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 PD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: