Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens fire OC Cam Cameron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6496
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
Christmas came early for Raven fans this year! Odd timing though.
Nothing odd about it. The timing is actually brilliant. They want to get a chance to evaluate Flacco in Cam's absence so they can make an informed decision as to whether or not to give him that big next deal.


Why do people say this like there is a chance we don't give him a big contract?

What happens the rest of the year and during negotiations is just shifting the dollar amount, but Flacco will 100% without-a-doubt be signed in Baltimore long term.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41092
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More picks are coming..

Won't make a difference like It was said. Cool Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21346
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Will Caldwell call the plays on gameday? He's never done that before... I hope they let Flacco run some more no-huddle and let Ray Rice run some more period. I don't remember the last time a division leading team fired a co-ordinator with 3 weeks left in the season. Kind of odd if you think about it.


That's exactly what the rumors have been -- that we're going back to more no huddle and that Joe is going to have essentially free reign to call the plays at the line. It was reported that despite his ability to change plays in the no huddle under Cam, that Cam still refused to let Joe have ultimate authority.

Honestly, that's all that really needs to be accomplished to see a noticeable difference. Flacco is a rhythm QB and if he gets into one, he's very hard to stop. Consistency in play calling, calling plays that are actually working rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole, and the ability to read and react at the line -- all of these combined will hopefully allow Flacco to get into rhythms more often and as a result, perform more consistently.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21346
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
Christmas came early for Raven fans this year! Odd timing though.
Nothing odd about it. The timing is actually brilliant. They want to get a chance to evaluate Flacco in Cam's absence so they can make an informed decision as to whether or not to give him that big next deal.


I didn't really think of it like that, but I guess you make a good point. What would yall consider to be the best offensive type scheme for Flacco and his talents/weaknesses?


It's not really a "good point" because Flacco is getting that contract regardless of how he plays over the next few games. It's more about the fact that if it was decided that Cam wasn't going to be back next year, then it's not worth keeping him the rest of the way now.

But to your question about Flacco -- he thrives in a system where he's in the shotgun a lot, routes are short to intermediate (with the occasional deep mixed in), play action, etc. Basically think 2 minute drills with more run plays and that's what he thrives in. People think that because he has a big arm that he's suited very well to be in an Air Coryell, but that's ignoring other major factors of a QB which Flacco struggles at -- pocket presence and ability to move around the pocket to buy time. Those are Joe's weaknesses and the Air Coryell are dependent on them being strengths which is why we see him take so many sack/fumbles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8332
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Caldwell will make much of a difference to Baltimore in the long-term. Think they'll probably get Norv Turner should he become avaialble in the off-season.
_________________
A hundred bucks for a comic book? Who drew it, Michaelmelangelo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25173
Location: 321
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
-one of the most physically imposing WRs of the last decade


That one made me laugh.


Reading this. Reading that Manning-Luck thread. So you aren't even pretending to have worthwhile things to say anymore?
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49027
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
-one of the most physically imposing WRs of the last decade


That one made me laugh.


Reading this. Reading that Manning-Luck thread. So you aren't even pretending to have worthwhile things to say anymore?


Cant back up what you said, huh? Not surprising at all.

At least I back up what I say with logic.

No WR on your roster is anywhere close to "the most physically imposing WR of the last decade". I assume you are referring to Boldin, and even if he was physically imposing at one point, a) he was never anywhere close to being one of the most physically imposing of the last decade, and b) he is no where close to that same player now, so saying that is just laughable, like most of your comments usually are.

You just make stupid comments constantly which you have absolutely no way of backing up. Like how you predict doubt digit wins for the Ravens constantly and predict them to win the SB without even taking the time to support your claims. Then you run away when challenged on those thoughts, because you and everyone else knows they were based on homerism and nothing else, since you really have no clue what you are talking about...ever

Anyway, feel free to get the last word in. Its all you have at this point.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 19693
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
-one of the most physically imposing WRs of the last decade


That one made me laugh.


Reading this. Reading that Manning-Luck thread. So you aren't even pretending to have worthwhile things to say anymore?


Cant back up what you said, huh? Not surprising at all.

At least I back up what I say with logic.

No WR on your roster is anywhere close to "the most physically imposing WR of the last decade". I assume you are referring to Boldin, and even if he was physically imposing at one point, a) he was never anywhere close to being one of the most physically imposing of the last decade, and b) he is no where close to that same player now, so saying that is just laughable, like most of your comments usually are.

You just make stupid comments constantly which you have absolutely no way of backing up. Like how you predict doubt digit wins for the Ravens constantly and predict them to win the SB without even taking the time to support your claims. Then you run away when challenged on those thoughts, because you and everyone else knows they were based on homerism and nothing else, since you really have no clue what you are talking about...ever

Anyway, feel free to get the last word in. Its all you have at this point.


I have no response

That was perfect

(Que Rajin Cajun voice)
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19105
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settle down, all of you. Let's keep it to football and not each other.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25173
Location: 321
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
-one of the most physically imposing WRs of the last decade


That one made me laugh.


Reading this. Reading that Manning-Luck thread. So you aren't even pretending to have worthwhile things to say anymore?


Cant back up what you said, huh? Not surprising at all.

At least I back up what I say with logic.

No WR on your roster is anywhere close to "the most physically imposing WR of the last decade". I assume you are referring to Boldin, and even if he was physically imposing at one point, a) he was never anywhere close to being one of the most physically imposing of the last decade, and b) he is no where close to that same player now, so saying that is just laughable, like most of your comments usually are.

You just make stupid comments constantly which you have absolutely no way of backing up. Like how you predict doubt digit wins for the Ravens constantly and predict them to win the SB without even taking the time to support your claims. Then you run away when challenged on those thoughts, because you and everyone else knows they were based on homerism and nothing else, since you really have no clue what you are talking about...ever

Anyway, feel free to get the last word in. Its all you have at this point.


Confused How do you back that up with logic? Most physically imposing is completely opinion based and not at all measurable. You just agree or don't.

FourThreeMafia logic=anyone with an original thought is retarded. It is too early to know anything and anyone who disagrees is unreasonable. Anything can happen so there is no point discussing anything.

And big time Laughing at you thinking you are a better poster than NBT. That is adorable.

All you do now is attack people's credibility. You have your fellow Steelers fans and a few people who fell for the Mr. Reasonable act. No one else pays you any mind.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Moderator
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17491
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Will Caldwell call the plays on gameday? He's never done that before... I hope they let Flacco run some more no-huddle and let Ray Rice run some more period. I don't remember the last time a division leading team fired a co-ordinator with 3 weeks left in the season. Kind of odd if you think about it.


That's exactly what the rumors have been -- that we're going back to more no huddle and that Joe is going to have essentially free reign to call the plays at the line. It was reported that despite his ability to change plays in the no huddle under Cam, that Cam still refused to let Joe have ultimate authority.

Honestly, that's all that really needs to be accomplished to see a noticeable difference. Flacco is a rhythm QB and if he gets into one, he's very hard to stop. Consistency in play calling, calling plays that are actually working rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole, and the ability to read and react at the line -- all of these combined will hopefully allow Flacco to get into rhythms more often and as a result, perform more consistently.


Absolutely love the sig. I have no idea what we did to make the Patriots so angry at us (I thought giving them the AFC championship would appease them). They're always the first to complain about our wins, or anything else for that matter.

The most ridiculous thing is that I rarely hear anyone calling people like Haloti Ngata, Marshal Yanda and Ray Rice overrated. But when I do, it's always a Patriots fan. Not a Steelers fan, not a Browns fan, a Pats fan. I don't get it, but it's so ridiculously annoying.

They're in love with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, but hate everything else about the Ravens. Explain that one to me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group