Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Jacobs suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snkhd09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
He doesn't play or even suit up. What player wouldn't be pissed?

The tweet I read from him was him saying he's rotting away on the bench and it's something like the worst season for him ever... There might be more but I can't really blame him much for saying this. I'm sure when he signed a contract with 49ers it was to actually play football.

Sorry, Alex Smith has more right to be pissed than he does and Smith is acting like a professional.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
...and that's a wrap on his NFL career. It was bad that he got the "soft" tag during his final years in NY, but now being labeled a malcontent and being suspended by his own team will be the end of him.

Maybe if someone is completely derailed by injuries at RB, he'll get a spot sometime in the 2013 season - but he's not going to be able to live this one down and get a job next season.

You might be right - he'll be 31 next year and doesn't have the explosiveness. He might be able to find work as a short yardage back if a coach is willing to take him on. I know he's not a traditional SY back in that Jacobs doesn't really like to get hit but you just can't teach that size and I'm thinking at least one team will be willing to bring him to camp. I always wondered how he would do in a FB role a la Michael Robinson? Did the Giants or 49ers ever attempt this? He can't catch but you would think somebody could teach him to block?

Jacobs refused to try out for FB during summer workouts and didn't want to help contribute on ST's. The only reason Dixon has been activated over him all season is because Dixon goes out there and plays STs and Jacobs is too big a "superstar" to lower himself to ST duties. Guy has no one but himself to blame for his lack of time.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobs will still get a job after this. If you're on the 1 yard line its almost guaranteed that he's getting it in, Hillis was a disaster this year for the Chiefs so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a call.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Que that random Skins fan with an analysis about how this team can't win the SB without Brandon Jacobs.... Just like the Giants.

Laughing

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
...and that's a wrap on his NFL career. It was bad that he got the "soft" tag during his final years in NY, but now being labeled a malcontent and being suspended by his own team will be the end of him.

Maybe if someone is completely derailed by injuries at RB, he'll get a spot sometime in the 2013 season - but he's not going to be able to live this one down and get a job next season.

You might be right - he'll be 31 next year and doesn't have the explosiveness. He might be able to find work as a short yardage back if a coach is willing to take him on. I know he's not a traditional SY back in that Jacobs doesn't really like to get hit but you just can't teach that size and I'm thinking at least one team will be willing to bring him to camp. I always wondered how he would do in a FB role a la Michael Robinson? Did the Giants or 49ers ever attempt this? He can't catch but you would think somebody could teach him to block?

Jacobs refused to try out for FB during summer workouts and didn't want to help contribute on ST's. The only reason Dixon has been activated over him all season is because Dixon goes out there and plays STs and Jacobs is too big a "superstar" to lower himself to ST duties. Guy has no one but himself to blame for his lack of time.

Thanks 49ers fan! I knew Dixon and Tukuafu had taken some snaps at FB. I don't think Jacobs would be very good at ST even if they did force him out there. It's tough with only so many players to dress to have a guy like Jacobs whose role is so limited. You can't fault the 49ers for taking a risk on guys like this - I just hope the contract wasn't too bad.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Que that random Skins fan with an analysis about how this team can't win the SB without Brandon Jacobs.... Just like the Giants.

Laughing

But...but...he has a formula and everything Laughing

Man I don't think I'd mind "rotting away" for that salary
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
He doesn't play or even suit up. What player wouldn't be pissed?

The tweet I read from him was him saying he's rotting away on the bench and it's something like the worst season for him ever... There might be more but I can't really blame him much for saying this. I'm sure when he signed a contract with 49ers it was to actually play football.

No problem with him wanting to play, its the constant twitter bickering over a period of months, talking about how he hates his boss (first he said it was about his other businesses, then about his brother..right), saying he hates playing for the team, over and over and over. There are 6 other guys who are inactive each week and none of them complained at this level.

As for the playing time. He was signed to be the short-yardage back, at the expense of Anthony Dixon. Then he impressed in preseason. But he injured his knee, Dixon stepped up big time,and Dixon also plays ST's. With Gore and Hunter already on the team thats 3 RB's being activated. No ST's, no versatility, injured for 2-3 weeks of regular season, then coming off injury= Jacobs on the bench.

He hasn't really impressed in regular season action anyway. Dixon has 14 carries for 57 yards and 2 TD's, while Jacobs has 5 carries for 7 yards.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I thought it was an incredibly stupid and pointless signing in the first place by the 49ers in the offseason with Gore and Hunter already there and even more pointless when James was drafted shortly after. They had no need for Jacobs in the first place.

I'll say there's fault on both sides. I'm sure Jacobs expected to get playing time or he wouldn't have signed there in the first place but the way he's handled it has been totally unprofessional. However, I feel he has the right to feel peeved, although shouldn't publicly display it. There will undoubtedly be questions abound as to how the 49ers treat their players with Smith first and Jacobs now this year, although Smith has not done what Jacobs has and I feel has deserved the right to be ticked too.

Jacobs won't play another game for the 49ers again even though the suspension only lasts for the rest of the regular season. Consider it over for him there. Instead of releasing him they suspended him so they could not only ensure he wouldn't sign with a contender and come back to haunt them (whether it be playing against them and doing well or revealing their playbook to his new team) but to prove a point and punish him. Can't say I blame them but the 49ers aren't angels in this ordeal either.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
So would he get a SB ring if they win? Laughing

If they won the NFC Championship game theyd probably cut him right before the game like Tiquan Underwood last year Very Happy

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
There will undoubtedly be questions abound as to how the 49ers treat their players with Smith first and Jacobs now this year, although Smith has not done what Jacobs has and I feel has deserved the right to be ticked too.

Players that get injured with the 49ers can fall down the depth chart. Both Smith and Jacobs demotions were due to injuries, and other players taking advantage of that situation (Colin Kaepernick and Anthony Dixon).

It's similar to the summer of 2011 when CB Shawntae Spencer got injured in TC, then was the 5th or 4th CB most of the year, after being a regular starter from 2005-2010. Although i don't think the coaching staff liked what they saw on film anyway, but whatever.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
There will undoubtedly be questions abound as to how the 49ers treat their players with Smith first and Jacobs now this year, although Smith has not done what Jacobs has and I feel has deserved the right to be ticked too.

Players that get injured with the 49ers can fall down the depth chart. Both Smith and Jacobs demotions were due to injuries, and other players taking advantage of that situation (Colin Kaepernick and Anthony Dixon).

It's similar to the summer of 2011 when CB Shawntae Spencer got injured in TC, then was the 5th or 4th CB most of the year, after being a regular starter from 2005-2010. Although i don't think the coaching staff liked what they saw on film anyway, but whatever.

Smith becoming the backup wasn't all that fair considering he was playing just fine and the team was winning games before the injury but I understand every team is always looking to better itself at every position no matter what but I still don't necessarily agree with Smith being tossed aside for those reasons. That's another story though and off-topic so I won't get into it.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
So would he get a SB ring if they win? Laughing

The owners actually choose who gets super bowl rings and who doesn't. An owner, theoretically, could refuse to give a player who played in the Super Bowl a ring.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
If they won the NFC Championship game theyd probably cut him right before the game like Tiquan Underwood last year Very Happy
Except that the conference champions get rings too, and Belichick hand-delivered Underwood's AFC championship ring.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
So would he get a SB ring if they win? :lol:

The owners actually choose who gets super bowl rings and who doesn't. An owner, theoretically, could refuse to give a player who played in the Super Bowl a ring.

That's crazy - I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense that they could decide how many people get a ring. Like do you give the janitor a ring? But I never thought about it in terms of players and situations like this.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobs complaining? There's a shock.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: