Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 15 SNF: The Superfreak Returns - 49ers Vs. Pats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
So how much of Ridley do you think we'll see next week? I love Woodhead and what he was able to do, but I'm worried he'll get more playing time after last night.
Ridley was hardly the only one who had difficulty holding onto the ball last night. I doubt Belichick benches him or significantly reduces his carries because of this.

Eh. I was disappointed in his play to be honest, especially that second fumble. They were definitely dealing with less than ideal conditions, but we all know how much BB values ball security, and most of the skill players on both teams had no problem hanging onto the ball. 2+2, Ridley needs to get his act together.
He only had one fumble, though.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the good news that came out of last night game ,no more Gregory.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
So how much of Ridley do you think we'll see next week? I love Woodhead and what he was able to do, but I'm worried he'll get more playing time after last night.
Ridley was hardly the only one who had difficulty holding onto the ball last night. I doubt Belichick benches him or significantly reduces his carries because of this.

Eh. I was disappointed in his play to be honest, especially that second fumble. They were definitely dealing with less than ideal conditions, but we all know how much BB values ball security, and most of the skill players on both teams had no problem hanging onto the ball. 2+2, Ridley needs to get his act together.

True, I was thinking of the one he had on the first drive that got overturned. Ball security remains an issue though.

Deadpulse on the sig
sherm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Don't act like the Niners marched up and down the field on the Pats. They had 383 yards of offense. 352 if you take away the fake punt. The Pats had 4 turnovers, and the Niners scored 17 points off those [easily could've been 24].

383 yards and 41 points is pretty awful for a defense to allow. Could they have been worse? Yeah of course. Against a better offense, they would have been steamrolled.

Let's not act like their defense was anything other than bad, with occasional nice stands.

So the Niners defense that let up 520 yards and 34 points means they're overrated as well right?
if u wanna believe that. This gm was like NO(playoff) last yr. Throw enough times with an elite QB with weapons...he's bound to hit some plays and score. If I recall Tom had his most pass attempts in one gm. That should tell u all u need to know. He worked for those yards and pts.

Btw Saints 472 yards 32 pts...Brees 63 passes(4 TD).
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridleys running style makes him prone to fumbles, but last nights were primarily due to the icy rain. Anyone notice Welker in the huddle? shivering and shaking constantly?

It wont be any easier in January. Ridley needs to figure it out.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
TGShabba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually wasn't icy. It was very wet, but 36 degrees and no wind. (I was at the game).
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Ridleys running style makes him prone to fumbles, but last nights were primarily due to the icy rain. Anyone notice Welker in the huddle? shivering and shaking constantly?

It wont be any easier in January. Ridley needs to figure it out.

I really dont blame him it was a great hit helment on ball.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's tough to fault Ridley too much for that one. The Vereen fumble yesterday and Woodhead's fumble last week were worse in terms of fears about ball security going forward.
terbo559

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

Yeah the first one was clearly not a fumble. I don't even know why they had to review it. He clearly sat down before he let the ball out of his arms, but 49ers players thought he fumbled it. The second one was just him not getting ready to take physical hits from the 49ers defense.
terbo559

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
Well the good news that came out of last night game ,no more Gregory.

Gregory got burned so bad by Vernon Davis. Gregory got lucky Kaepernick over threw Davis.
WesWelker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why Gregory gets so much crap. He is serviceable. He got burned by a premier player last night and didn't pay for it. So what? Happens all the time.

Not to mention I believe it was he that forced the fumble. He has a nose for the ball.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WesWelker wrote:
I have no idea why Gregory gets so much crap. He is serviceable. He got burned by a premier player last night and didn't pay for it. So what? Happens all the time.

Not to mention I believe it was he that forced the fumble. He has a nose for the ball.

He is not a serviceable starting safety. He's been dreadful for most of the season.

Is he better than Matthew Slater? Sure. But that's not saying much.

I honestly don't see how anyone who understands football can say Gregory has been anything other than below average for most of his time on-field. I'll give him some credit insofar as he seems to understand what the offense is doing better than some guys the Pats have lined up.

However, he gets lost in coverage frequently and he is abysmal in run support. He is probably the worst tackling "starting" safety I've seen in New England.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
WesWelker wrote:

He is not a serviceable starting safety. He's been dreadful for most of the season.

Is he better than Matthew Slater? Sure. But that's not saying much.

I honestly don't see how anyone who understands football can say Gregory has been anything other than below average for most of his time on-field. I'll give him some credit insofar as he seems to understand what the offense is doing better than some guys the Pats have lined up.

However, he gets lost in coverage frequently and he is abysmal in run support. He is probably the worst tackling "starting" safety I've seen in New England.

I think Meriweather may have been worse. But Gregory seems to be the best S on our roster at communications which McCourty said IIRC in an interview that's what he has been working at a lot. Hopefully he can be demoted to our 3rd or 4th S on our roster w/ Wilson improving and us signing Reed. Gregory has had some games where he's looked like a starter and tohers he just been dreadful and a bunch where he's avg to below avg. He's similar to Sanders in that regard and treated the same by the fans.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory is fine until someone actually throws or runs in his direction.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:

Woodhead was awesome last night. I couldn't blame the coaches if they wanted to give him more playing time. He held onto the ball (which seemed like it was a feat in itself) and until the 4th down play was clutch as hell.

Did Gregory get benched for Chung? I missed that.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 74 of 75

Jump to: