Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tagliabue “vacates all player discipline”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
WinTheGame wrote:
I don't care. The life threatening effects happened AFTER the game.

So, uh, an actual human being said this.

John Wilkes Booth was innocent. Lincoln didn't die until AFTER he left the theater. Rolling Eyes

Not to mention the fact that Lincoln himself ordered Booth to do it. But noooooo, no one likes to bring that up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/gregg-williams-testified-he-wanted-to-stop-bounty-program-but-that-vitt-said-no/
Quote:

Gregg Williams testified he wanted to stop bounty program, but that Vitt said no

....The money quote, per the AP, comes from the testimony of former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who claims that he tried to stop the bounty program after the 2009 season, but that assistant head coach Joe Vitt insisted that it continue.

Specifically, Vitt said that Commissioner Roger Goodell “wasn’t going to . . . tell us to . . . stop doing what won us the Super Bowl,”
and that “[t]his has been going on in the . . . National Football League forever, and it will go on here forever, when they run [me] out of there, it will still go on.”

Mack on the sig
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/gregg-williams-testified-he-wanted-to-stop-bounty-program-but-that-vitt-said-no/
Quote:

Gregg Williams testified he wanted to stop bounty program, but that Vitt said no

....The money quote, per the AP, comes from the testimony of former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who claims that he tried to stop the bounty program after the 2009 season, but that assistant head coach Joe Vitt insisted that it continue.

Specifically, Vitt said that Commissioner Roger Goodell “wasn’t going to . . . tell us to . . . stop doing what won us the Super Bowl,”
and that “[t]his has been going on in the . . . National Football League forever, and it will go on here forever, when they run [me] out of there, it will still go on.”

Yeah I saw that.

Is this just coming out? Seems like curious timing by Williams, no? Time for all these guys to start turning on each other.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make it all go away. I don't care anymore.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being penalized for legal hits are still lol worthy. Laughing

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Quote:

selective quoting doesn't tell the whole story though.

the next paragraph reads -

"The assertion seems more than a bit far-fetched. Williams was the defensive coordinator, and Vitt was the linebackers coach. Though Vitt also was the assistant head coach, Williams ran the defense. Besides, if Williams disagreed with Vitt, Williams should have gone to head coach Sean Payton. Based on what we’ve heard from folks connected to the process, there are likely bigger land mines lurking in the pages than a facially nonsensical suggestion by Williams that a guy he outranks successfully pulled rank."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Quote:

selective quoting doesn't tell the whole story though.

the next paragraph reads -

"The assertion seems more than a bit far-fetched. Williams was the defensive coordinator, and Vitt was the linebackers coach. Though Vitt also was the assistant head coach, Williams ran the defense. Besides, if Williams disagreed with Vitt, Williams should have gone to head coach Sean Payton. Based on what we’ve heard from folks connected to the process, there are likely bigger land mines lurking in the pages than a facially nonsensical suggestion by Williams that a guy he outranks successfully pulled rank."

What you're quoting is the blogger's opinion. I'm just quoting what was said in the transcript.

Mack on the sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
doomer wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
doomer wrote:
Goodell began preliminary talks to reinstate Sean Payton.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8741588/roger-goodell-begins-reinstatement-talks-new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton

damage control

Now THAT I did not see coming.

Shocked
I think its more about getting him set up to begin contract talks so that Jerry doesn't swoop in before Benson gets the chance to pay the man. Assuming the saints don't make the playoffs (a pretty fair assumption) then Payton becomes the immediate target for JJ as soon as the season is over. Payton has done everything the NFL asked of him so I have no problem w/ them ending his suspension once the Saints season is over.

Jerrah would still have to wait until after the Super Bowl regardless; that's when Payton becomes a FA. The Saints can have discussions whenever, but Payton is holding off on signing for now. Who knows why. That's my understanding, at least.
Actually coaches are not held to the same standards as players, as soon as the season's over, it's over. If Payton was not reinstated until after the SuperBowl he would become an immediate FA and there would be no bargaining position for Benson as JJ is almost assuredly going to offer more money than Benson can afford to.

Says who? Benson did just drop half a billion dollars on the Pelicans. Safe to say he can afford to give Payton a large contract.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, in regards to the whole Payton situation. I love that the main argument is "Payton sees how much of a mess the Saints are this year!" And then the next argument is "So he's going to leave...for Dallas" Laughing Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Says who? Benson did just drop half a billion dollars on the Pelicans.

I still can't get over that name. My goodness...the Pelicans. What the deuce? Laughing

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:

Except they aren't being penalized for anything to do with the hits whatsoever -- that's not what this is about.

That'd be like saying a player taking steroids is "getting penalized for working out".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:

They aren't being penalized for legal hits. They're being penalized for offering rewards for injuring players. The actual hits or whether guys got injured isn't really relevant to Goodell's argument. Simply offering a reward specifically for injuring another player is detrimental to the game.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Also, in regards to the whole Payton situation. I love that the main argument is "Payton sees how much of a mess the Saints are this year!" And then the next argument is "So he's going to leave...for Dallas" Laughing Laughing
I don't think it will have anything to do w/ the status of the Saints if he goes to Dallas, I think it will be a) b/c JJ offers him more money/control, and b) to be closer to his family (who lives in Dallas). Not to mention the prestige that comes w/ being the Cowboys head man. Essential to Payton going tho would be that JJ gives him final say on personnel.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I don't think it will have anything to do w/ the status of the Saints if he goes to Dallas, I think it will be a) b/c JJ offers him more money/control, and b) to be closer to his family (who lives in Dallas). Not to mention the prestige that comes w/ being the Cowboys head man. Essential to Payton going tho would be that JJ gives him final say on personnel.

Benson can pay whatever JJ does and control? Really? He practically runs the Saints and JJ gives his head coaches very little control. The only reason Payton would leave for Dallas is for his family, but I still don't see him doing it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Benson can pay whatever JJ does and control? Really? He practically runs the Saints and JJ gives his head coaches very little control. The only reason Payton would leave for Dallas is for his family, but I still don't see him doing it.
Benson is a very rich man, JJ is a richer man. Benson now has to worry about supporting the Pelicans and the Saints, is there enough money to go around? Sure, but his pocketbook isn't as limitless as JJs is.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: