Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

As most NFL teams are preparing for the college all star season which kicks off later in December with some lesser known games, we have compiled the following list of top prospects. This list will not match up with any you read on other websites as our list is based on our film evaluation and what we have found out from NFL personnel over the last four months.

Notice the bolded section. Lande's a guy that I do not really like evaluation wise (I disagree with this assessment of both Riley Reiff and DDC last season) BUT he has strong connections within the league and because of that, I sorta tracked his predictions for where players would go last year in relation to where they actually did go. He did better than I ever would have guessed...honestly. There's a lot of controversy in this list, a lot of picks I wouldn't agree with if I didn't know Lande was credible. Here's Russ's top 10, with the link to his entire top 200:

1. Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State 6'5" 255
2. Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M 6'5" 305
3. Star Lotulelei, DT Utah 6'3" 320
4. Chance Warmack, OG Alabama 6'2 3/8" 325
5. Dion Jordan, DE Oregon 6'6 1/8" 239
6. Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M 6'6" 310
7. Keenan Allen, WR California 6'3" 210
8. Kenny Vaccaro, FS Texas 6'0 1/2" 210
9. Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan 6'8" 309
10. Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri 6'2 7/8" 290

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-5904.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Thoughts on all this craziness?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing too surprising in the top 10 outside of Vaccaro, but I have heard a lot of good things about him.

As you get into the 11-20 range, a couple of surpises for me are Ogletree (Do not like what I see on film) and someone actually ranking Tavon that high (He is an explosive playmaker, but thought size would kill him, it still might).

The 21-40 range is where it gets exciting. Mike Glennon as the #1 rated QB over Barkley at 2, Wilson at 3 and Geno at 4. I have said before that there is no great QB in this draft, but this is very interesting.

Keeping up with the Joneses' Jarvis at 46 and Barrett at 47 is interesting too.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones will have a heavy decline in terms of ranking as the off season progresses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Jones will have a heavy decline in terms of ranking as the off season progresses.

Lande said point blank that the reason he Jarvis was left out was because of what NFL personnel told him.

Matthews over Joeckel is something I can't get on board with.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Lande said point blank that the reason he Jarvis was left out was because of what NFL personnel told him.

Matthews over Joeckel is something I can't get on board with.

NFL Personnel fall in love with bloodlines and you cannot get much better than Jakes.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
(I disagree with this assessment of both Riley Reiff and DDC last season)

What did he say?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

What did he say?

Said Reiff was too slow and not athletic enough to plat LT in the NFL. Still completely, 100% disagree with him. THAT SAID, Reiff did fall into the 20s...exactly the way Lande said he would. I can't take that away from the guy.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I will say, Lande did have Cordy Glenn as a top 10 pick last year, going to Buffalo right at 10. That was obviously way off even though he did end up in Buffalo.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Although I will say, Lande did have Cordy Glenn as a top 10 pick last year, going to Buffalo right at 10. That was obviously way off even though he did end up in Buffalo.

And he was a stud when healthy this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

What did he say?

Said Reiff was too slow and not athletic enough to plat LT in the NFL. Still completely, 100% disagree with him. THAT SAID, Reiff did fall into the 20s...exactly the way Lande said he would. I can't take that away from the guy.

What did he say about DDC?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

What did he say?

What did he say about DDC?

That some teams rated him higher as a RT than as a guard.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
As most NFL teams are preparing for the college all star season which kicks off later in December with some lesser known games, we have compiled the following list of top prospects. This list will not match up with any you read on other websites as our list is based on our film evaluation and what we have found out from NFL personnel over the last four months.

Notice the bolded section. Lande's a guy that I do not really like evaluation wise (I disagree with this assessment of both Riley Reiff and DDC last season) BUT he has strong connections within the league and because of that, I sorta tracked his predictions for where players would go last year in relation to where they actually did go. He did better than I ever would have guessed...honestly. There's a lot of controversy in this list, a lot of picks I wouldn't agree with if I didn't know Lande was credible. Here's Russ's top 10, with the link to his entire top 200:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-5904.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Your guy Swearinger is way down on that list at #164.

Mathieu at #154- That seems about right

Ryan Swope at #173- I strongly disagree with this. I love Swope. He's the ideal slot WR. He's so tough going over the middle and the guy can seemingly take any hit and still hold on to the ball.

Tyler Bray at #189- Man I'm not a big Bray fan but that's awfully low.

Le'Veon Bell at #198- Strongly disagree with this too. I love this guy. He's a big back that plays like Stephen Jackson. He's got a solid all round game. If he's there in the 4th or 5th round I wouldn't think twice about taking him. The guy just suffers from playing in a way too predictable offense.

5 legitimate LTs in the top 30? Yeah that's an outstanding class.

The fact that the top 4 QBs are all bunched together on that list tells me there are either a ton of differing opinions or nobody knows what to think of them yet.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im surprised with Dallas Thomas at 93 hes is top 50 on most boards
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Russ Lande Lists Bjoern Werner As Best 2013 Prospect Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Your guy Swearinger is way down on that list at #164.

That's fine. I'm not moving him down my list. Love the kid.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
im surprised with Dallas Thomas at 93 hes is top 50 on most boards

Me too. I don't agree with that at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: