Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There is a game this week. I think
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5985
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is always terrible under prime time lights
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1532
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gresham makes at least two drive killing plays a week. This team honestly just doesn't seem well coached of lately, lacking in discipline and focus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16237
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
This team is always terrible under prime time lights


We really are. Our OLine is playing like crap...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1681
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Gresham makes at least two drive killing plays a week. This team honestly just doesn't seem well coached of lately, lacking in discipline and focus.


Lately? When was the last time you watched a Bengals game and came away thinking, wow that was a well coached game? Sam Wyche era?

This game is a battle for who wants the loss more. Looks like the Eagles are making a move on us, trying to take the Loss away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1681
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, we have taken quite a few cheap shots in this game. Dunlap's hit well after the whistle blew on Foles and then several crack-back blocks or whatever the league wants to call them. Over under $75k in fines against us this week? I think I am going to go over.

Just stupid plays really. We better get it together, we won't beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore with 15-20 penalties.

Dalton has to make better decisions. We gave up 6-7 sacks, but he moved into the way of the defender on more than half of them. The blocking has to get better.

Played pretty good defense but need to sack the QB when we get a chance. Ben will be much tougher to bring down then Foles was and we struggled with that.

At least we got the win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15644
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ****, I turned it off because I had things to do and it was 13-10. I check again now, and lo and behold they were up 34-13 with 2 minutes left.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16237
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
No ****, I turned it off because I had things to do and it was 13-10. I check again now, and lo and behold they were up 34-13 with 2 minutes left.


You better watch every second of the Steelers game...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15644
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
No ****, I turned it off because I had things to do and it was 13-10. I check again now, and lo and behold they were up 34-13 with 2 minutes left.


You better watch every second of the Steelers game...


Why, are you rooting for the Steelers?

Duke watching: Bengals 0 - Eagles 13
Duke not watching: Bengals 34 - Eagles 0
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16237
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
No ****, I turned it off because I had things to do and it was 13-10. I check again now, and lo and behold they were up 34-13 with 2 minutes left.


You better watch every second of the Steelers game...


Why, are you rooting for the Steelers?

Duke watching: Bengals 0 - Eagles 13
Duke not watching: Bengals 34 - Eagles 0


Ehhh, reading comprehension fail. You better not watch another Bengals game... Laughing
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5572
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck says you are grounded. now go to your room and no tv for 2 and a half weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18708
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe anyone is saying Dalton was bad last night. At least without prefacing it with "Now i know the line gave up pressures on 75% of Dalton's drop backs, but...".

Seriously, that was the worst performance by the offensive line all year. You guys can't seriously expect Dalton to put up any type of good numbers behind that, can you?

This reminds me of earlier in the season when everyone said "BJGE Sucks, draft his replacement now". And i kept saying "hold on, that line is not blocking for him at all. He's always fighting off one defender in the backfield". Now the line is run blocking better, and BJGE is doing great.

But it's coming at the expense of the pass blocking. Andy won't make any throws behind a line giving up 20+ pressures and 6 sacks. The look on his face last night every time he came off the field told the whole story. I hope he chewed out his line behind closed doors after the game. That performance was unacceptable, and it makes me mad that the first scapegoat by the media and fans is Andy.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5985
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like our oline can either be good at run blocking or pass blocking. But not both and the other is just terrible. I think a huge part of the problem is Kyle Cook. Dalton had pressure in his face up the middle all night. Whit and Smith couldn't handle the speed rushers either. It really was probably the worst I've ever seen a oline pass protect.

Our DLINE on the other hand did not impress vs. a bunch of backup lineman.

Here's the main thing. Say we somehow get into the playoffs. It's gonna be another embarrassment first round loss.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18708
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
It's like our oline can either be good at run blocking or pass blocking. But not both and the other is just terrible. I think a huge part of the problem is Kyle Cook. Dalton had pressure in his face up the middle all night. Whit and Smith couldn't handle the speed rushers either. It really was probably the worst I've ever seen a oline pass protect.

Our DLINE on the other hand did not impress vs. a bunch of backup lineman.


Clint Boling the worst game of his career too. He was worse than Cook. Had several "ole" blocks. And i use the term block loosely. Whit and big Andre also got bull rushed more times than i can count. They said after the game that Whitworth was sick. I believe that. Don't know what Andre's excuse is. In any case, another performance like that against the Steelers, and i don't think Dalton will complete a single pass.

johndeere1707 wrote:
Here's the main thing. Say we somehow get into the playoffs. It's gonna be another embarrassment first round loss.

If the matchup is against Denver, yeah, i'd say that's a good possibility.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1681
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="theJ"]
johndeere1707 wrote:

johndeere1707 wrote:
Here's the main thing. Say we somehow get into the playoffs. It's gonna be another embarrassment first round loss.

If the matchup is against Denver, yeah, i'd say that's a good possibility.


If we get in, I think we would get walloped by HOU, BAL, DEN, NE. PIT and INDY would be closer, but I think they are better teams right now than us.

I do not see a scenario where we make it out of the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5985
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Carson4MVP"]
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

johndeere1707 wrote:
Here's the main thing. Say we somehow get into the playoffs. It's gonna be another embarrassment first round loss.

If the matchup is against Denver, yeah, i'd say that's a good possibility.


If we get in, I think we would get walloped by HOU, BAL, DEN, NE. PIT and INDY would be closer, but I think they are better teams right now than us.

I do not see a scenario where we make it out of the first round.


I'd rather play BAL than any other playoff team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group