Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There is a game this week. I think
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Here's the main thing. Say we somehow get into the playoffs. It's gonna be another embarrassment first round loss.

If the matchup is against Denver, yeah, i'd say that's a good possibility.

If we get in, I think we would get walloped by HOU, BAL, DEN, NE. PIT and INDY would be closer, but I think they are better teams right now than us.

I do not see a scenario where we make it out of the first round.

I'd rather play BAL than any other playoff team.

I don't think there's a way to play BAL in the first round.

However, Balt could lose out, Bengals win out, and Bengals win the division. Then it's a first round matchup with the Colts most likely.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
No ****, I turned it off because I had things to do and it was 13-10. I check again now, and lo and behold they were up 34-13 with 2 minutes left.

Me too......

i fell asleep at half-time; (03:30 London time); 13-10 down, with their pass-rush killing us, and when i woke and checked the score, we'd won 34-13.....

Wow, great win.

As usual, it comes down to can we beat the Steelers ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Seriously, that was the worst performance by the offensive line all year. You guys can't seriously expect Dalton to put up any type of good numbers behind that, can you?

Was that the best pass rush we've faced all year ?

Last edited by LondonBengal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
Seriously, that was the worst performance by the offensive line all year. You guys can't seriously expect Dalton to put up any type of good numbers behind that, can you?

I don't know, maybe. Semantics. Either way, Dalton spent the majority of the game on his back or running away from pressure. Takes a special player to play well in that situation.

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

No, the line just made it look that way. They were playing so poorly that I boxed up my remaining wings and left Bdubs. Seemed better than throwing them at the screens.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Here's the main thing. Say we somehow get into the playoffs. It's gonna be another embarrassment first round loss.

If we get in, I think we would get walloped by HOU, BAL, DEN, NE. PIT and INDY would be closer, but I think they are better teams right now than us.

I'm pretty sure if Bal finishes 3rd we play them if we are the 6th seed.
However, Balt could lose out, Bengals win out, and Bengals win the division. Then it's a first round matchup with the Colts most likely.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back and watched the game. Don't think our D is getting enough credit. The one TD drive they had on us was against the DLine rotation of Gilberry-Peko-Sims-Geathers.

I know Zimmer likes to keep the throughbreeds fresh, but that combo hopefully doesn't get a lot of snaps the next couple of games. Or ever...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Went back and watched the game. Don't think our D is getting enough credit. The one TD drive they had on us was against the DLine rotation of Gilberry-Peko-Sims-Geathers.

I know Zimmer likes to keep the throughbreeds fresh, but that combo hopefully doesn't get a lot of snaps the next couple of games. Or ever...

The secondary is still inconsistent, and the LB's still suspect, but damn is our dline playing well.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I'm pretty sure if Bal finishes 3rd we play them if we are the 6th seed.

They won't finish 3rd. The top 3 seeds are going to be Hou, NE and Den. Balt has a tough schedule to finish the year. I can't see them winning the 12 games they'd need to get that spot.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Don't think our D is getting enough credit. The one TD drive they had on us was against the DLine rotation of Gilberry-Peko-Sims-Geathers.

Agree.

Defence, won this one for us. How many good teams have won championships with their defence, and mediocre offence ? (2000 Ravens as an eg).

In the six games since Denver, our D has averaged under 13 points conceded, and not over 20 points at all in that 6 game stretch. Over the season, were 6th overall.

After the Denver loss @ 3-5; we'd all have taken being 8-6 going into PIT & BAL.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

I don't know, maybe. Semantics. Either way, Dalton spent the majority of the game on his back or running away from pressure. Takes a special player to play well in that situation.

Am I the only one who thought Dalton stepped in to at least 2-3 of those sacks? I know the offensive line probably played their worst game of the year, but Dalton didn't do them any favors either.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

Am I the only one who thought Dalton stepped in to at least 2-3 of those sacks? I know the offensive line probably played their worst game of the year, but Dalton didn't do them any favors either.

From my count, 3 of the sacks were Dalton's fault.

It was pretty bad all around. But the blame can spread around, that's for sure.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

He could have thrown the ball away I suppose, but he had no pocket to step into all night.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

He could have thrown the ball away I suppose, but he had no pocket to step into all night.

What is everyone's thoughts on drafting a guy like Chance Warmack if he falls to us?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

What is everyone's thoughts on drafting a guy like Chance Warmack if he falls to us?

Off-topic a little for this thread, but Warmack looks impressive alright. As I see things now with our FA's this offseason, even if we re-sign Michael Johnson, we need to go DE in the first.

We've all seen this year how much pressure we put on our DB's when Dunlap is missing, you just can't have enough good rushers.

Courtesy of Carson Palmer, we'll also be picking right around #36-39 in the 2nd, so who knows ?

IMO, we draft a replacement for Geathers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: