Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 around the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That $8.25M guaranteed has never looked so great
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ending was so, so fitting.
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
One thing that really surprises me (sort of, anyway) in the NFL - the number of coaches, GM's and fans that cling to young QB's and have the "let's just give them one more year" type attitude (Ponder, Locker, Sanchez pre-2012)

Seriously, how many high caliber or even 2nd tier NFL QB's didn't show a ton of promise very early on? How many in the last 20 years were "slow starters"? Sure, all young QB's make their mistakes and have bad starts - Peyton Manning was pretty bad as a rookie. But even with the bad stats, you could tell that he had "it."

Peyton Manning had the legitimate excuse that he was on a largely talentless team. They had a few good pieces at the skill positions, but were otherwise bereft of talent. Honestly, if I was GM of a team that didn't have a top tier starter in place at QB, I'd be drafting one every year until I caught lightning in a bottle. With the current rookie salary pool rules, there's little risk in taking that approach, even near the top of the draft. The only guy that started slow and blossomed into something great in recent memory is Drew Brees, and he didn't really hit his stride until he hooked up with Sean Payton. Other than that, every quality QB currently in the league was showing themselves to be a legitimate NFL starter by their second season.

Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo... :wink:

By their second season STARTING, which was implicit. Hard to show you're legit on the bench.
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you go to NFL's gamecenter on their website, the highlights for this game are all Sanchez picks. Absolutely hilarious.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sanchez/Ryan era of Jets football needs an all-encompassing nickname. Any suggestions?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
The Sanchez/Ryan era of Jets football needs an all-encompassing nickname. Any suggestions?

It's the Buttfumble era. Done and done. Nothing will ever top that.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In addition to the 17 INTs in 14 games this season, Sanchez has 12 fumbles this season. A total of 109 INTs and fumbles in his 4-year career

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/280898933365026817

Shocked
Tom Brady Tribute
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Heh.

Also, Billy...wow....
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's amazing are the Jets fans who defend him. Not the occasional wacko, but scores of them. Anyone who trots out that tired old canard about New York fans being so knowledgeable deserves to be locked in a room with that stupid J-E-T-S chant on infinite repeat. No knowledgeable fanbase would ever defend and put up with such a loser for so long.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
What's amazing are the Jets fans who defend him. Not the occasional wacko, but scores of them. Anyone who trots out that tired old canard about New York fans being so knowledgeable deserves to be locked in a room with that stupid J-E-T-S chant on infinite repeat. No knowledgeable fanbase would ever defend and put up with such a loser for so long.

Going to JI for giggles?
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Richter wrote:

Going to JI for giggles?

Giggles? I was literally laughing out loud at that last turnover for the Jets. I won't stop chuckling all night.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
One thing that really surprises me (sort of, anyway) in the NFL - the number of coaches, GM's and fans that cling to young QB's and have the "let's just give them one more year" type attitude (Ponder, Locker, Sanchez pre-2012)

Seriously, how many high caliber or even 2nd tier NFL QB's didn't show a ton of promise very early on? How many in the last 20 years were "slow starters"? Sure, all young QB's make their mistakes and have bad starts - Peyton Manning was pretty bad as a rookie. But even with the bad stats, you could tell that he had "it."

Peyton Manning had the legitimate excuse that he was on a largely talentless team. They had a few good pieces at the skill positions, but were otherwise bereft of talent. Honestly, if I was GM of a team that didn't have a top tier starter in place at QB, I'd be drafting one every year until I caught lightning in a bottle. With the current rookie salary pool rules, there's little risk in taking that approach, even near the top of the draft. The only guy that started slow and blossomed into something great in recent memory is Drew Brees, and he didn't really hit his stride until he hooked up with Sean Payton. Other than that, every quality QB currently in the league was showing themselves to be a legitimate NFL starter by their second season.

Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo... Wink

By their second season STARTING, which was implicit. Hard to show you're legit on the bench.

I know what you meant...was just a joke that fell a little flat...

2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
I know what you meant...was just a joke that fell a little flat...
Still a better joke than Sanchez is a QB.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'll say this: Sanchez is perhaps the least enviable position of any starter QB in football. Seriously, I cant think a QB with worse surrounding talent.

It isn't even close. Jeremy Kerley & Shonn Greem are the offenses best skill players. Laughing

Not insinuating Sanchez would be any good with legit talent around him, but it is worth noting.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttfumble, instant classic. I did like the dirty Sanchez nickname though. Laughing

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: