Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Official Star Lotulelei Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Watch Reggie draft a QB... Raider fans will RIOT. We have no clue how this guy will set his draft board, we don't know his draft beliefs, he could be one of those guys that doesn't believe in passing on a QB, if your team doesn't have a long term answer already on the roster. The Packers did draft Rodgers and Brohm just a few years later in round 2, because they thought he was too good to pass up on. We had no picks last year so it was hard to get a read on him. I'm all for Star Lotulelei or Werner but damn, its making my head spin thinking about the draft.

Imo, it's pretty likely we draft a QB this year. I'm not saying necessarily in the first round though.

Agree. I fully expect them to draft a QB. Dysert is my choice in the later rounds.

What do you think of Glennon if he drops?
Djackson205

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Star can be very good, but a few things concern me. He seems like he is mostly interested in his individual block. He just seems to push the lineman as far back as he can regardless of the play. This prevents him from disengaging from some blocks and allows the running back to run past him. This makes me nervous because discipline is what we need and sometimes he looks like he leaves the rest of his team out on a limb, just like Sey and TK. Just a small concern, obviously has the potential to fix these problems.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Watch Reggie draft a QB... Raider fans will RIOT. We have no clue how this guy will set his draft board, we don't know his draft beliefs, he could be one of those guys that doesn't believe in passing on a QB, if your team doesn't have a long term answer already on the roster. The Packers did draft Rodgers and Brohm just a few years later in round 2, because they thought he was too good to pass up on. We had no picks last year so it was hard to get a read on him. I'm all for Star Lotulelei or Werner but damn, its making my head spin thinking about the draft.

Imo, it's pretty likely we draft a QB this year. I'm not saying necessarily in the first round though.

Agree. I fully expect them to draft a QB. Dysert is my choice in the later rounds.

What do you think of Glennon if he drops?

I think he's going to be a 1st round pick when April comes. Stock is steadily rising.

Edit:

He's also the only QB who might be uglier than Wilson. What you think S&B88??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want him unless we keep mcclain
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

His paychecks are certainly going to help his love life.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mike Glennon gets drafted in the 1st, whatever team that is automatically made the reach of the draft. He's Andrew Walter 2.0
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what everyone loves about Mike Glennon, he's always looked pretty average to me. Plus he forces a lot of balls into tight coverage and is a statue in the pocket. If we're going to take a developmental quarterback I'd much rather look at David Fales (SJSU), E.J. Mannuel (FSU), Ryan Nassib (Syracuse), or Zac Dysert (Miami OH).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'm not sure what everyone loves about Mike Glennon, he's always looked pretty average to me. Plus he forces a lot of balls into tight coverage and is a statue in the pocket. If we're going to take a developmental quarterback I'd much rather look at David Fales (SJSU), E.J. Mannuel (FSU), Ryan Nassib (Syracuse), or Zac Dysert (Miami OH).

I don't like Glennon, but he has an NFL arm. He will rise in the draft.

False has a noodle arm. Backup at best. Dysert looks good. Nassib I don't know much about.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon will def shoot up. He is clean off field. Ideal nfl size, arm

It only takes one team. If qb's like Gabbert , Ponder can go in the top 10. I'm sure Glennon can too.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djackson205 wrote:
I think Star can be very good, but a few things concern me. He seems like he is mostly interested in his individual block. He just seems to push the lineman as far back as he can regardless of the play. This prevents him from disengaging from some blocks and allows the running back to run past him. This makes me nervous because discipline is what we need and sometimes he looks like he leaves the rest of his team out on a limb, just like Sey and TK. Just a small concern, obviously has the potential to fix these problems.

I've noticed this as well on film Star gets leverage on his man but disregards controlling the lane. Conversely, what I like about Nix is that he's aware of the runner and makes arm tackles while holding off a double team. Nix works to fill the hole while I've seen Star simply let runners by him despite pushing his man back.

However, I can't say I watched enough film on Star to catch him jumping the snap count. My initial assessment is that Star is a run-stopping oriented UT reminiscent of Houston. If the Raiders traded back with St. Louis and got 2 1sts I'd rather have a true NT in Nix and a true penetrating UT in Richardson. What a pair that would be.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star actually kind of reminds me of Gerrard Warren in some ways.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

His paychecks are certainly going to help his love life.

Boy looks like a giraffe.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

A lot of people seem to be high on Dysert, guess I wouldnt mind him later on. I'm sure maybe 2 people will agree with me, but if we are talking mid-round QBs, I am actually a fan of Landry Jones. Guy has the right size, strong arm, good velocity and accuracy in short/mid range. He just cant read a D, needs to improve his footwork, and learn a pro system. Honestly, those are things that can be said about most rookie QBs. I wouldnt mid taking him in the 3rd or 4th and letting him sit a few years.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Pozzi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Would not smash/10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Djackson205 wrote:

I've noticed this as well on film Star gets leverage on his man but disregards controlling the lane. Conversely, what I like about Nix is that he's aware of the runner and makes arm tackles while holding off a double team. Nix works to fill the hole while I've seen Star simply let runners by him despite pushing his man back.

However, I can't say I watched enough film on Star to catch him jumping the snap count. My initial assessment is that Star is a run-stopping oriented UT reminiscent of Houston. If the Raiders traded back with St. Louis and got 2 1sts I'd rather have a true NT in Nix and a true penetrating UT in Richardson. What a pair that would be.

Nix and Richardson would be a killer combo for years. Hard to justify 2 dt when we have soon many needs. Those are 2 of my fav players though, so I wouldn't be heart broken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: