Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Can't Stop FTW Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:
Jose Calderon is expected to play tonight for Pistons and start at PG, Knight moves to SG and Singler moves to SF

SWEET! maybe this means we resign calderon? doubt it
I'd love it if we do resign him. Him and Bynum at PG would be nice.

I'd really like to resign Calderon to a mid-level type deal and draft the PG out of Sryacuse Michael Carter Williams. He just reminds me of Jason Kidd/Calderson type distributor, questions on defense but... I believe you can teach defense and it's not his natural quickness or anything in question, more of his effort.
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:
Jose Calderon is expected to play tonight for Pistons and start at PG, Knight moves to SG and Singler moves to SF

SWEET! maybe this means we resign calderon? doubt it
I'd love it if we do resign him. Him and Bynum at PG would be nice.

I'd really like to resign Calderon to a mid-level type deal and draft the PG out of Sryacuse Michael Carter Williams. He just reminds me of Jason Kidd/Calderson type distributor, questions on defense but... I believe you can teach defense and it's not his natural quickness or anything in question, more of his effort.

I don't see how calderon won't test the free agent market. Calderon staying at the price you are suggesting is doing us a favor not him. I'd love to have calderon. I think he can last as long as nash. But I just have this feeling he will tell the pistons pay me or i'm out.

Also this brandon knight as a point guard experiment has failed and I hope they keep knight at shooting guard the remainder of his career. With the occasional point guard duties if need be.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I think if Joe gets the Pistons in a position to win he can entice a free agent, if that's what he wants to do.

As a city Detroit is making slow steady progress. There are super star athletes from the other major sports.

Who really knows but I don't think Detroit is considered the same way it was in the past.

Yeah but we drafted stafford and calvin. Theres no way in hell lebron was thinking of coming here. Nba is different. The stars want to go to warm cities.

I realize that but the more high level players, regardless of sport it creates a higher profile for the city. These folks also tend to gravitate towards each other and build friendships.

Lebron wanted to WIN. If the Pistons can compete they will attract players.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
lions on top

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move a lot. Pistons really needed a distributor like Calderon. Knight is a lot like Stuckey, we brought him in to be a point but that's just not what he's going to end up long term. He doesn't get other players involved well enough. He's more of an combo guard 2. We got rid of guys that obviously weren't part of our future and gained something we severely needed (even though it may only be the rest of the season) and gained quite a bit of cap.

Thumbs up Dumars.

Now we can go after Josh Smith and maybe Brandon Jennings or O.J. Mayo in the off season to be our create-their-own shot guy we desperately need.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
I like the move a lot. Pistons really needed a distributor like Calderon. Knight is a lot like Stuckey, we brought him in to be a point but that's just not what he's going to end up long term. He doesn't get other players involved well enough. He's more of an combo guard 2. We got rid of guys that obviously weren't part of our future and gained something we severely needed (even though it may only be the rest of the season) and gained quite a bit of cap.

Thumbs up Dumars.

Now we can go after Josh Smith and maybe Brandon Jennings or O.J. Mayo in the off season to be our create-their-own shot guy we desperately need.
I.Want.No.Part.Of.Jennings

I'd rather re-sign Calderon if he fits in well, and spend the rest on one quality player. Probably gonna have to make a trade to make that happen though, not many options in free agency.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:

Thumbs up Dumars.

We need guys that can spread the floor and Josh Smith does not fit that. I like parts of his game but he just can't shoot the ball even though he thinks he can. Fine defensive player, above average actually and would give us a lot of size but I don't see how he fits with Moose and Dre.

Mayo fits what I'd be looking for but I'm just scared of the price tag. I really don't want another Ben Gordon.

I think Joe's gonna have to find that guy through a trade. Who that guy is, I have no clue.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we don't spend money just because we got it like last time with ben gordon and charlie V. If we can't sign a big name free agent then just don't sign anyone.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who of the potential free agents would you guys like to see the Pistons try to land?

What are your top three?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
So, who of the potential free agents would you guys like to see the Pistons try to land?

What are your top three?
This year's free agent crop really is desolate. The only realistic option that I'd love is OJ Mayo.

The cream of the crop such as Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have zero chance of landing in Detroit- or even leaving their current teams for that matter.

Joe's gonna have to get creative in the trade market, or just show some patience for the 2014 free agent class.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

What are your top three?
This year's free agent crop really is desolate. The only realistic option that I'd love is OJ Mayo.

The cream of the crop such as Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have zero chance of landing in Detroit- or even leaving their current teams for that matter.

Joe's gonna have to get creative in the trade market, or just show some patience for the 2014 free agent class.

I concur with stylish.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
lions on top

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
lions on top wrote:

Thumbs up Dumars.

I.Want.No.Part.Of.Jennings

I'd rather re-sign Calderon if he fits in well, and spend the rest on one quality player. Probably gonna have to make a trade to make that happen though, not many options in free agency.

Yeah, not really a huge Jennings fan myself. His shooting % is awful. He can look great at times (like the other night against the pistons) but he can also look plan awful. He's about as streaky as it gets. I just wasn't sure what FAs this year can create their own shots which is what I feel this team needs out our SG. Maybe Knight moving into that role and having to concentrate less on running the offense (though he doesn't seem to put much stock into that now) could be the answer though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

What are your top three?

I don't know. Thinks keep up in LA, Dwight may not be back, Thing is, that is a double edged sword. If LA don't want him, noone else will for the same reasons.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

What are your top three?

I don't know. Thinks keep up in LA, Dwight may not be back, Thing is, that is a double edged sword. If LA don't want him, noone else will for the same reasons.

I would be pretty shocked if he stayed in LA.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be shocked if Dwight stays in LA. Not saying he's even considering coming here but...

Guy like Trevor Ariza, Jose Calderon, Josh Smith. Those three signings coupled with a decent player in the draft has the Pistons lookign pretty good.

Jose Calderon/Rookie?
Brandon Knight/ Rodney Stuckey/ Kim English
Trevor Ariza/ Kyle Singler/ Jonas Jerebko
Josh Smith/Greg Monroe/Charlie Villanueva
Andre Drummond/Greg Monroe/Rookie?

Coarse this is assuming that Calderon actually gels well with some of our younger players.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
I'll be shocked if Dwight stays in LA. Not saying he's even considering coming here but...

Guy like Trevor Ariza, Jose Calderon, Josh Smith. Those three signings coupled with a decent player in the draft has the Pistons lookign pretty good.

Jose Calderon/Rookie?
Brandon Knight/ Rodney Stuckey/ Kim English
Trevor Ariza/ Kyle Singler/ Jonas Jerebko
Josh Smith/Greg Monroe/Charlie Villanueva
Andre Drummond/Greg Monroe/Rookie?

Coarse this is assuming that Calderon actually gels well with some of our younger players.

I don't like Ariza at all, especially given what he might cost. I would rather just run Singler out there every day. I don't see Monroe moving to the bench for Josh Smith, if we sign Smith he will likely start at SF.

As for keeping Calderon, I like that we get to try him out before throwing money at him. If we don't turn it around from here on out, that its a pointless resigning IMO. I think having solid wing players is the most important thing to focus on and would not spend any decent amount of money on anyone who will eat time from Monroe or Drummond.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 64 of 100

Jump to: