Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post-FA 1st round with explanations (suggestions wellcome)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this draft
Good
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Average
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Bad
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Worst I've seen
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

MrBuc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Post-FA 1st round with explanations (suggestions wellcome) Reply with quote

2006 NFL DRAFT

I tried to be very realistic, considering team needs, free agency and combine performances. Feel free to critique it, but please provide reasons as to why you disagree, so I can make changes. Also provide an alternative player (available) that you would like me to pick instead for your team.

I'm not considering trades, as they are impossible to predict, although I'm suggesting possibilities. I will add more rounds after the feedback.

ROUND 1

1. Texans - Reggie Bush (RB, USC). No brainer. Jets might try to trade with the texans, to take Bush themselves or to take Leinart. If that happens, the Texans would take D'Brick at 4th.

2. Saints - Jay Cutler (QB, Vanderbilt). Surprise!. Reports are that new coach Payton is in love with Cutler after watching him at the combine, and have him rated higher than Leinart and Young. Truth is, Cutler has more upside than Leinart, and Young is not
the kind of QB that Payton likes. Maybe the saints will get a veteran QB to start the season and then let Cutler take over. Another interesting trade might happen here with the Jets, so the Jets can take Leinart here and then the Saints grab Cutler at 4th. I know people will bash me from doing this pick but it could be possible.

3. Titans - Matt Leinart (QB, USC). They consider drafting Young, and McNair has a little fight with Norm Chow, but Chow is the winner at the end. Young has a great upside but also has a great risk. Leinart is a much safer choice. He can take over McNair
in the middle of the season. Anyway, it's McNair last dance in Tennessee.
FA update: Titans are rumoured to be intered in Dante Culpepper. It might be a smokescreen, but if it happens then the Titans would take D’Brick.

4. Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT, Virginia). Unable to trade for Bush or Leinart, they make the safe pick. D'Brick will anchor their line for the next decade.

5. Packers - Mario Williams (DE, NCST). They are rebuilding, and SuperMario can have an impact similar to Julius Pepper. Hawk is tempting here, but an elite DE is better than an elite LB.

6. 49rs - Vernon Davis (TE, Maryland). Probably not the position the 49rs need most, but Davis showed huge at the combine, and some regard him as the best player in this draft and to change the standards of the position. I know some 49rs fans would like to take Hawk, but they have a great investment in Alex Smith, and they need to provide him with some weapons, just like Davis.

7. Raiders - Vince Young (QB, Texas). Finally, Young is drafted. If somebody is willing to take huge risks that is Al Davis. Davis can't wait to see how Young and Moss look together. Also, Moss' presence (needing a CB and Safety to cover him) will allow Young
to find running holes easier. Maybe Collins can stay for 1 year, so Young can work on his mechanics and learn how to read NFL defenses.

8. Bills - Haloti Ngata (DT, Oregon). DT is the Bills biggest need and they grab the best of the draft.

9. Lions - AJ Hawk (LB, Ohio State). Marinelli wants players with attitude, and Hawk will be his leader in the defense. If somehow Vernon Davis is still available, Martz would lobby hard to get him.

10. Cardinals – Winston Justice (OT, USC). After getting Edge, they will need to open holes for him. Justice has great upside, although he played RT in college. Taking Huff to revamp the secondary is also another chance.

11. Rams - Michael Huff (FS, Texas). The Rams lost Archuleta, so they need to address the secondary. Huff surpassed Jimmy Williams as the best DB.

12. Browns - Manny Lawson (DE/OLB, NCST). After the combine, Lawson is regarded as the best DE/OLB to fit in a 3-4 system and that's exactly what the Browns need.

13. Ravens – Broderick Bunkley (DT, Florida St). They need to address the spots of DE and DT after losing Weaver and Kemo in free agency. They also need help on the o-line. This is a difficult pick to predict. It seems the O-line class is stronger in the draft, so they take the second best DT here. Some scouts even like Bunkley better than Ngata.

14. Eagles – Chad Greenway (OLB, Iowa). The eagles have a shaky o-line, but Greenway is very good at this point. If they get Arrington on FA, then the pick will be for the o-line.

15. Falcons – Jimmy Williams (FS, Virginia Tech). After Huff, Williams is the next best available DB. Ko Simpson is the other chance here.

16. Dolphins – Tye Hill (CB, Clemson). After Madison’s departure, they need to take a good young CB. Hill seems the best of this year’s class. Taking an OT like McNeill is also a chance here.

17. Vikings – Ernie Sims (OLB, Florida St.). Sims is a great playmakers on the defensive side, and will provide great help to the Vikings. After singing Chester Taylor they no longer need a RB.

18. Cowboys - Marcus McNeill (OT, Auburn). They need help on the line. McNeill is a mauler to help on the running game.

19. Chargers - Ko Simpson (FS, South Carolina). They can improve their secondary with Simpson, the chargers will be very happy that he “slipped” a little.

20. Chiefs - Antonio Cromartie (CB, Florida St.). After their CB departures, they need to adress that area.

21. Patriots - Lendale White (RB, USC). Dillon is getting old, and White fits well in their system: a big and strong RB. Maroney could also be the pick here.

22. Broncos – Santonio Holmes (WR, Ohio State). The eagles need to load on WR to be competitive again. But they also need They take the best of this class. The first WR will be taken here, by the broncos. Who it is will depend on who they think fits better their scheme.

23. Bucs – Eric Winston (OT, Miami). The bucs need help at both LT and RT, and take the best OT available.

24. Bengals – (Darnell Bing, SS, USC). Marvin Lewis will take Bing and improve his secondary. USC is great providing safeties to the NFL and Lewis knows that.

25. Giants – Bobby Carpenter (OLB, Ohio St.). The giants need linebackers. Carpenter’s stock has dropped because of his injuries, but he really is a steal in this point.

26. Bears – Leonard Pope (TE, Georgia). Grossman needs more targets, and Pope will be a good safety valve.

27. Panthers - Demeco Ryans (OLB, Alabama). Demeco is too good to pass up in this point for they. He is a steal this late.

28. Jaguars – D’Angelo Williams (RB, Memphis). Taylor is always a play away from being injured. They need a RB they can trust. D’Angelo is a steal being taken this late.

29. Broncos - Mathias Kiwanuka (DE, Boston College). His stock has dropped, and the Broncos will be very happy to find this “steal”. Tamba Hali could also go here.

30. Colts – Laurence Maroney (RB, Minnesota). They still get a top RB without trading up. They are very pleased that Maroney is here for them, he will fill the void left by Edge’s departure.

31. Seahawks - Max Jean Gilles (OG, Georgia). It seems they will lose Hutchinson in FA. So they draft a replacement.

32. Steelers - Chad Jackson (WR, Florida). More than anything they need another WR. Jackson had a good combine and is fast just like Randle El was.

Last edited by MrBuc on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see the Saints taking Cutler if they trade down.
LIEY8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Cowboys pick in that situation.

Life Goes On
mpfootball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 49ers, they already have Eric Johnson TE, but it's also hard to pas on a talent like that

For the lions, they have lehman, holmes, bailey at LB, Hawk is good but if he goes there he won't make as much an impact as somewhere else.

For the panthers, o-line should be better with the addition of Hartwig, they have invested alot in Wharton at LT so i don't think they would be getting an OT. A OG is not worth that high of a pick, so they will probably go with a LB. WR and TE and S are their other needs now but their arn't any WR going that high or S, so maybe also a TE.
eagles91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good Eagles pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chiefs drafted Derrick Johnson last year mitchel is playing well and we have bell why do we need a linebacker? we cut two cornerbacks so we would take cromratie
quagmire06

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good viking pick. Ernie is going to be so nasty!!
socalsaints

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Saints - Jay Cutler (QB, Vanderbilt). Surprise!. Reports are that new coach Payton is in love with Cutler after watching him at the combine, and have him rated higher than Leinart and Young. Truth is, Cutler has more upside than Leinart, and Young is not
the kind of QB that Payton likes. Maybe the saints will get a veteran QB to start the season and then let Cutler take over. Another interesting trade might happen here with the Jets, so the Jets can take Leinart here and then the Saints grab Cutler at 4th. I know people will bash me from doing this pick but it could be possible.

You dont take the 2nd or 3rd best Qb when the best one is still on the board. If they want Cutler they trade down and get extra picks.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Titans pick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Chagers pick. Either Ko or Justice...which ever one is left.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nance is a 3rd rounder now......Chad Jackson would be by far the better pick......

solid overal mock though..............

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
js

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice miami pick, fills a need
kyle21121

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superchargers wrote:
Great Chagers pick. Either Ko or Justice...which ever one is left.

I agree
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick, but I would rather have Jimmy Williams although I certainly would not be disappointed if Bunkley went to Baltimore
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted average on this mock good effort but a couple things dont make sense to me

first of all no way the saints pick cutler over matt leinhart

I personally love jay cutler and feel he has the best Potential in the draft

but if i am the saints i need a starter right now and matt leinhart is the man

he is the number 2 pick right now

the cards can trade down and get winston justice i love the pick but not the greatest value at 10

especially with huff on the board actually no way in h!!! they pass on huff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: