Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Playoffs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: 2012 Playoffs Reply with quote

So with a loss to the 49ers tonight, the Patriots are essentially a lock for the #3 seed. The Broncos play the Browns and the Chiefs, so yeah... I ran through the simulator, and I have the Steelers beating the Browns and the Bengals for the #6 seed.

So overall:

Pit @ NE
Ind @ Bal

The Pats are most likely going to have to beat the Steelers, then go into Denver to try and beat Manning, and MOST likely face the Texans in Houston for a shot at a superbowl berth. Thoughts?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Playoffs Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
So with a loss to the 49ers tonight, the Patriots are essentially a lock for the #3 seed. The Broncos play the Browns and the Chiefs, so yeah... I ran through the simulator, and I have the Steelers beating the Browns and the Bengals for the #6 seed.

So overall:

Pit @ NE
Ind @ Bal

The Pats are most likely going to have to beat the Steelers, then go into Denver to try and beat Manning, and MOST likely face the Texans in Houston for a shot at a superbowl berth. Thoughts?

If you could tell me now that the Pats path to a Super Bowl would be vs. Pitt, at Den, at Hou - I'd put a huge wager against them getting to the Super Bowl. That's a nearly impossible gauntlet to run.
Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Playoffs Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Dalton wrote:

So overall:

Pit @ NE
Ind @ Bal

If you could tell me now that the Pats path to a Super Bowl would be vs. Pitt, at Den, at Hou - I'd put a huge wager against them getting to the Super Bowl. That's a nearly impossible gauntlet to run.

Yeah, and it's looking like a very real scenario. Pittsburgh will be tough no doubt, but I think they can take them at home. However, the Pats do not like going into Denver... :\
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bengals end up getting the sixth spot.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:

You really think they can beat the Steelers at home and the Ravens?

Here's a thought, could the Patriots sit their starters and tank the Miami game for a shot at the fourth seed instead? I'd MUCH rather go vs Indy and then into Houston.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

You really think they can beat the Steelers at home and the Ravens?

Here's a thought, could the Patriots sit their starters and tank the Miami game for a shot at the fourth seed instead? I'd MUCH rather go vs Indy and then into Houston.

As the 4th seed, it would probably be an easier road (vs. Indy, at Houston as opposed to vs. Pittsburgh, at Denver) but Belichick would never do that. Plus, in some weird scenario, it might open the door for a (very unlikely) New England at Baltimore AFCCG.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, a pair of losses by Houston would also give the Pats a bye. Not an altogether unrealistic scenario. The Vikings and Colts both have a shot at beating them.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
You know, a pair of losses by Houston would also give the Pats a bye. Not an altogether unrealistic scenario. The Vikings and Colts both have a shot at beating them.
And we could always hope that Romeo pulls out one of his awesome Peyton gameplans Laughing
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to go to Denver...... Other teams I feel more confident about. Its a pretty uphill battle though. :/

*Actual time may vary.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how we spin it, we needed to win tonight.

Losing tonight drastically hurt our SB chances.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positivity! If Eli freakin' Manning can go all through the play-offs on the road then so can we!

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 40 Yards: 558 TDs: 7
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-one in the AFC bothers me, we can outscore those guys. The Defenses that can give us real trouble are in the NFC – guys who’ll murder people up front.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry but nobody in the AFC can keep up with us offensively nor scare me on defense. The only team that give me worries is the one that we just fought almost all the way back against last night. It was indeed a SB preview. They have the D to contain us in most scenarios but no one else in the NFC scares me on both sides of the ball and Manning and Co in DEN are good offensively but certainly wont keep up with TFB. What he did last night, in a losing effort and in one half was incredible. The look in his eyes was scary.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
JudoCobra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't care if we have homefield throughout the playoffs. This team is good enough to go into DEN or into HOU and beat either teams - same with IND. I'm tired of every sportscaster on TV talk about how important homefield is. Check the stats - rarely does the #1 and #2 seed actually take the Lombardi home (in recent years). Last night we lost because of turnovers in the first half. TOP was horrible for us. The reason this offense is the best because we score quick in the first couple of quarters. Not only did our offense stink - but we gave SF great field position on a good amount of their points.

By the way, it wasn't just the fact our offense scored quickly in the second half to rally a comeback - notice that we didn't turn it over like we did in the first.

SF is a better team than NE. However, we are good enough to beat anyone in the league and anyone who says we "needed" to win last night is mistaken. I hope we don't get a bye and go through to the SB and beat HOU/DEN at home just to shut some of you spoiled whiners up.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, the Giants went through Atlanta, Green Bay on the road, and SF on the road. And then us in the Super Bowl. The playoffs are about who has the momentum. Anyone who calls anything on the AFC side this year a "nearly impossible gauntlet"...... I have no words.

The Pittsburgh team with a terrible O-line, banged up Roethlisberger, and aging defense? Is anyone really scared of them?

The Denver team that has exactly zero quality wins on the season? Tough game sure, but I'd make us favorites even on the road.

And the Houston team we just demolished? Is home field really worth 20+ points? Favorites for that one too.

Nearly impossible? Not really, and certainly not with a healthy Gronkowski.

Deadpulse on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: