Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Our luck drafting QB's was horrible under Al Davis

Drafting in general was horrible. He was an awful evaluator of talent.

I think he was an awful evaluator of character/drive. Almost all those guys had talent.

I think he said himself he didnt really care about that until the Russell fiasco. Then he realized kids coming out of college are just in it for the money so you better check the kind of character they have.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Our luck drafting QB's was horrible under Al Davis

Drafting in general was horrible. He was an awful evaluator of talent.

I think he was an awful evaluator of character/drive. Almost all those guys had talent.

I think he said himself he didnt really care about that until the Russell fiasco. Then he realized kids coming out of college are just in it for the money so you better check the kind of character they have.

I don't recall him ever realizing that.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
No they wouldnt have used a first on him because there were serious questions about his height. He had the skill set of a 1st round QB, but his height scared everyone away. If you take him in the first and his height is too much to overcome, you blew it. But take him in the 3rd and the risk decreases a lot. I'm not delusional, dude was the real deal. He just needed to be taller, which you cant develop. Wilson carried a risk, since he was considered too short, but he already had all the tools. You are confusing risk with project.

You are not getting the point. When Week 1 rolls around, draft status goes out the window. The only thing you care about when the season begins is playing the best player, because that would theoretically give you the best chance to win, no? Gotta remember who he was going against. It was Matt Flynn, not Peyton Manning or even a semi-established QB. Whether Wilson was brought in as a project or the QBOF, he outplayed Flynn all preseason and looked better all camp. Even if Wilson were an UDFA, supposed to need a lot of work, but then showed up ready to roll, what does it matter what he was "supposed to be"?

Seattle has a track record of reaching on players that they like. They didn't bring in Russell Wilson to be their starting quarterback this year because their management had already thought to have acquired their quarterback of the future in Flynn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't blast me on this, but I have a question for you all: Will Mark Sanchez ever be a successful NFL qb?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r8der14 wrote:
Don't blast me on this, but I have a question for you all: Will Mark Sanchez ever be a successful NFL qb?

Maybe. New York dumping his carcass could be the boot up his @$$ that he needs. Don't want to give him a chance here though.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
r8der14 wrote:

Maybe. New York dumping his carcass could be the boot up his @$$ that he needs. Don't want to give him a chance here though.

Too bad they can't. They'd have to eat 8 mill to cut him for find someone whose willing to take half of it in a trade.

Career back the rest of the way I say. I'm still laughing at the fact Carroll passed on Leinart after AZ cut him.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
r8der14 wrote:

Too bad they can't. They'd have to eat 8 mill to cut him for find someone whose willing to take half of it in a trade.

Career back the rest of the way I say. I'm still laughing at the fact Carroll passed on Leinart after AZ cut him.

I think they'll do it just to be rid of him. They'd be stupid to pay 8 mill for a back up then have to deal with paying him the year after or extra dead money later on.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Seattle has a track record of reaching on players that they like. They didn't bring in Russell Wilson to be their starting quarterback this year because their management had already thought to have acquired their quarterback of the future in Flynn.

How do you know they reach for players they like? Value and rankings are different for each GM/staff. I dont know what "track record" you are talking about, seeing as their current GM and HC have only been there 3 years, and in those 3 years their 1st round picks have been Carpenter, Okung, Earl Thomas, and Irvin (all 1st round grades) and their 2nd-4th round picks have been guys expected to go in those rounds or even earlier.

I never said they took him to be their starting QB in 2012, I said they did not take him as a project, because project means he needs to work on quarterbacking, while his only weakness (aside from the general inexperience that comes with being a rookie) was his height. He had 1st round talent but fell only because of his height. And were they sure Flynn was going to be their QBOF? They only signed him to a 3 year deal and made him just the 22nd highest-paid QB in the NFL, so it doesnt seem to me like they were entirely convinced. If you were a GM and thought you found your guy, wouldnt you lock him up a bit longer than 3 years?

Again, for the fourth time, whether Wilson was a 1st round QBOF or an UDFA from a DII school- it doesnt matter. Whether they expected him to start from day one or take 4 years to develop- it doesnt matter. You can "expect" a player to be a backup, but if they completely outshine the near-equally unproven QB you just signed, then those expectations go out the window and you start the guy who practiced and played better all preseason.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
blancanieve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think we can get the Jets 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft for Carson Palmer
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
Does anyone think we can get the Jets 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft for Carson Palmer

Surely you jest.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Surely you jest.

Even Shakespeare would be impressed with irony found in Palmer detractors who find him worthless YET think he would be valuable to someone else and furthermore believes the FO feels the same way. Either Palmer is worthless or he isn't. If Palmer is worthless stop suggesting he's bait. If Palmer isn't worthless why would the Raiders start someone of lesser valuable (ie: would garner less in trade) over him? When Pryor's market value is more Palmer's then and only then do the Raiders have a situation.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Surely you jest.

Even Shakespeare would be impressed with irony found in Palmer detractors who find him worthless YET think he would be valuable to someone else and furthermore believes the FO feels the same way. Either Palmer is worthless or he isn't. If Palmer is worthless stop suggesting he's bait. If Palmer isn't worthless why would the Raiders start someone of lesser valuable (ie: would garner less in trade) over him? When Pryor's market value is more Palmer's then and only then do the Raiders have a situation.

Glad someone see's this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Surely you jest.

First and foremost i'm a Palmer supporter i was just wondering considering that we have so many holes to fill and that possibly we can draft a QB in 2014 draft why not get something of value for him now and use the pick to draft a defensive player or maybe even an offensive lineman.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Surely you jest.

First and foremost i'm a Palmer supporter i was just wondering considering that we have so many holes to fill and that possibly we can draft a QB in 2014 draft why not get something of value for him now and use the pick to draft a defensive player or maybe even an offensive lineman.

I don't Pryor is the answer at QB
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
r8der14 wrote:

I think they'll do it just to be rid of him. They'd be stupid to pay 8 mill for a back up then have to deal with paying him the year after or extra dead money later on.

Unless he is an arsehole in the locker room, which he isn't, it would make sense but they're not gonna just be rid of him. He'll get another shot and they'll try to put some talent around him, but they'll also find a better backup in case this continues. Tebow isn't returning for sure. So they're stuck with Sanchez.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: