Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

While NOTHING Has Been Decided, I'm Hearing...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: While NOTHING Has Been Decided, I'm Hearing... Reply with quote

That Mike Bidwill is leaning more towards a front office shake up than a head coaching change. I'm being told that it does appear as though Rod Graves will be out at the end of this season and that Whiz does stand a decent chance of keeping his job. I was told point blank that Whiz could easily be fired and that nothing has been decided but this is where things supposedly stand right now.

Sounds like if Whiz stays, he will be asked to make offensive coaching changes and it still sounds like Grimm wants out of his own free will.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: While NOTHING Has Been Decided, I'm Hearing... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
That Mike Bidwill is leaning more towards a front office shake up than a head coaching change. I'm being told that it does appear as though Rod Graves will be out at the end of this season and that Whiz does stand a decent chance of keeping his job. I was told point blank that Whiz could easily be fired and that nothing has been decided but this is where things supposedly stand right now.

Sounds like if Whiz stays, he will be asked to make offensive coaching changes and it still sounds like Grimm wants out of his own free will.


PFW posted an article last week stating something similar, at least in regards to Whiz sticking around.

Great stuff as always Champ. Any word on if Whiz will be forced to clean house on offense rather than just with Graves etc.?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFW reporting that Keim could succeed Graves if he was fired. Saying that Kiem wanted Cutler over Leinart and AP over Brown...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/17/desperate-times-in-the-desert
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: While NOTHING Has Been Decided, I'm Hearing... Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
That Mike Bidwill is leaning more towards a front office shake up than a head coaching change. I'm being told that it does appear as though Rod Graves will be out at the end of this season and that Whiz does stand a decent chance of keeping his job. I was told point blank that Whiz could easily be fired and that nothing has been decided but this is where things supposedly stand right now.

Sounds like if Whiz stays, he will be asked to make offensive coaching changes and it still sounds like Grimm wants out of his own free will.


PFW posted an article last week stating something similar, at least in regards to Whiz sticking around.

Great stuff as always Champ. Any word on if Whiz will be forced to clean house on offense rather than just with Graves etc.?


I don't know about completely cleaning house but he'll be asked to make changes. He can't be forced, his contract allows him full control over the coaching staff.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cusi10


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz staying Graves going and Keim becoming GM is a move I can definatly get behind. If reports were true earlier in the year about whiz and graves having problems then this makes some sense. I have professed my desire to keep whiz around and hopefully michael shares in that as well.

If those reports about cutler and peterson are true then that alone makes me excited about the possibilities of roster acquisitions with keim leading the charge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
127


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 76
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Whiz stayed wouldn't that pave the way for a potential Ray Horton departure unless the Cards refused other teams' requests for a HC interview? Horton has deservedly gotten a lot of recognition for what he's done here and earned HC consideration.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

127 wrote:
If Whiz stayed wouldn't that pave the way for a potential Ray Horton departure unless the Cards refused other teams' requests for a HC interview? Horton has deservedly gotten a lot of recognition for what he's done here and earned HC consideration.


Can't refuse a request for a head coaching interview.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3118
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

127 wrote:
If Whiz stayed wouldn't that pave the way for a potential Ray Horton departure unless the Cards refused other teams' requests for a HC interview? Horton has deservedly gotten a lot of recognition for what he's done here and earned HC consideration.


Arizona can't do nothing if another teams wants Horton as their HC.

I just don't like the Idea. I think Whiz is much of the problem as anyone on the offense side of the ball.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: While NOTHING Has Been Decided, I'm Hearing... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
That Mike Bidwill is leaning more towards a front office shake up than a head coaching change. I'm being told that it does appear as though Rod Graves will be out at the end of this season and that Whiz does stand a decent chance of keeping his job. I was told point blank that Whiz could easily be fired and that nothing has been decided but this is where things supposedly stand right now.

Sounds like if Whiz stays, he will be asked to make offensive coaching changes and it still sounds like Grimm wants out of his own free will.

That's what I thought but I don't like it.Then again if the team can get a QB that can actually throw and stay healthy (KOlb) they have a good chance with the pieces they have to contend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
PFW reporting that Keim could succeed Graves if he was fired. Saying that Kiem wanted Cutler over Leinart and AP over Brown...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/17/desperate-times-in-the-desert

Yeah and I wanted Revis or Willis over AP or Brown. Give me the job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
PFW reporting that Keim could succeed Graves if he was fired. Saying that Kiem wanted Cutler over Leinart and AP over Brown...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/17/desperate-times-in-the-desert

Yeah and I wanted Revis or Willis over AP or Brown. Give me the job.


I'll be the bigger man and admit I wanted Levi. I'll take criticism for that but like a good poster (Shameless plug I know) I learned from that mistake. I'll never again take a player at a position based purely on need. That's what everyone wanted last year. We need a tackle so we have to take a tackle. Despite our OL struggles, that is simply the worst way to go about constructing a team, I know that now.

I will say (And I have the old thread to prove it) that if Levi was off the board I wanted Patrick Willis.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 433
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - well this is exactly as I hope it will turn out. Would be really nice if all of this panned out and Ray Horton stuck around as DC for at least one more year. I can see a really smart GM like Steve Keim taking care of most of our O-Line issues in this draft alone ...

In the first round the Arizona Cardinals select ... Chance Warmack, Offensive guard from the University of Alabama ... In the second round the Arizona Cardinals select ... Barrett Jones, Center from the University of Alabama. (dreaming...)

Here's hoping whatever goes down everyone airs out all their grievances completely (between the FO, coaching staff, and Mike B.) and end up on the same page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Whiz is back next year, maybe Dockett is out. Remember, Dockett wouldnt comment on playing for Whiz, but he said he would play for Horton and the team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50725
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get behind giving Ken another year, I still beleive this organisation needs a fresh voice, but that could come from a number of different areas.

I really think we need to clean house with our offensive staff. The lack of development from young players on offense is disturbing. And outside of Russ (His work with Nate, Bobby and a makeshift interior has been nothing short of outstanding) who wants out (So let him go) there is nothing great worth keeping (Maybe McNulty back to WR's).

Then we need to go on a big time recruitment trip for an offensive coaching staff with a history of developing players. If we could bring in a couple of collegiate position coaches I would be very happy for us to do that.

I would have advocated Ron Gould for RB's coach, but he is the Head Coach at UC Davis now.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12152
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're sticking with Kolb then. I guess we can stop talking about QB's now. Laughing
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group