Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT Giants @ Ravens - Battle of the inept.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing how much we needed defensive last year and instead we get a Kick Returner, 3rd WR, slot CB, a TE that cannot block, OT, OT, DT

Just a horrific draft
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giants look like there conceding ..
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Eli Will play smart this week , no picks watch , redskins or boys , one of them got to lose tomorrow or the vikes and bears , and of course a must win for our blue guys , the universe is funny , and i think somehow someway , we will be making it into the playoff this year.

like i said the universe is funny , we look dead but not lol , somehow someway ... that's all i gotta say ..
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Its amazing how much we needed defensive last year and instead we get a Kick Returner, 3rd WR, slot CB, a TE that cannot block, OT, OT, DT

Just a horrific draft

If you look at a draft by positions, you will have a bad team.

BTW what positions would you have gone for last year? I feel like we filled most holes on defense.

This year guys didn't play like they wanted to win every game. Coughlin made some uncharacteristic bad clock management mistakes that cost us some games. Eli and receivers not being on point. Thats the difference from us being in 1st place and in the playoffs to this point where we need a small miracle to make it.

^Stone85 on the sig^
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tune in next week to witness the way of the maraculous blue ones as they make it right into the playoff's Wink
jdeibert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this game will be a wakeup call that we can't consistently win with the personnel we have. Yes, we may have won the Super Bowl twice, but we can't consistently stop the run, our CBs and LBs are purposefully targeted by opposing offenses, no one on offense can seem to stay healthy besides Eli and we fold in November and December like clockwork. Yes, we have two Super Bowls, but our defensive line, who supposedly are the bread and butter of our team, can't consistently even get to 10 sacks in a season from year to year. We've won 10 games once in the last 4 years. If we have such a good core, shouldn't we be doing that all the time like the Ravens or the Packers, even with injuries and not always playing our best. We can't rely on just "getting hot" at the right time. If that means getting rid of players or coaches who have been mainstays in the organization, so be it, because right now we're just not as good as we think we are.
bigblew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't draft BPA we need to address oline and dline. The game today summed up what we need to address OLine DLine and CBs
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
tune in next week to witness the way of the maraculous blue ones as they make it right into the playoff's Wink

As far as I'm concerned, the fat lady has sung.

The Giants need to bring in some fresh talent. The players that were key contributors in our two Superbowl runs are no longer performing at their previous levels.

Corey Webster
Chris Snee
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
David Diehl
Ahmad Bradshaw

Get rid of some of those big salaries and bring in players are more hungry.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:

The Giants need to bring in some fresh talent. The players that were key contributors in our two Superbowl runs are no longer performing at their previous levels.

Corey Webster
Chris Snee
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
David Diehl
Ahmad Bradshaw

Precisely. Other then Bradshaw all of those players seem content to me. We need to do some remodeling to this team. Send some messages out there.

^Stone85 on the sig^
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
We can't draft BPA we need to address oline and dline. The game today summed up what we need to address OLine DLine and CBs

this ^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:
bigblew wrote:

this ^^

We have drafted all those positions the last few years. We should continue our strategy. One season does not change that.

^Stone85 on the sig^
mlv

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:

Corey Webster
Chris Snee
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
David Diehl
Ahmad Bradshaw

I mostly agree, but I don't think the coach's son-in-law gets cut. Maybe they restructure his contract. I wouldn't mind having Osi back on a reduced salary, but the rest of those guys shouldn't be Giants in 2013.
stevesmith12

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:
bigblew wrote:

this ^^

We have drafted all those positions the last few years. We should continue our strategy. One season does not change that.

There is enough talent in every single NFL Draft to be able to marry BPA and positional needs.
dkebones

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Gmen wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:

Corey Webster
Chris Snee
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
David Diehl
Ahmad Bradshaw

I mostly agree, but I don't think the coach's son-in-law gets cut. Maybe they restructure his contract. I wouldn't mind having Osi back on a reduced salary, but the rest of those guys shouldn't be Giants in 2013.

Osi made $6M this year. Yup, $6M smackers. A million bucks per sack. Let that sink in. Just sayin...
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Just a horrific draft

If you look at a draft by positions, you will have a bad team.

BTW what positions would you have gone for last year? I feel like we filled most holes on defense.

This year guys didn't play like they wanted to win every game. Coughlin made some uncharacteristic bad clock management mistakes that cost us some games. Eli and receivers not being on point. Thats the difference from us being in 1st place and in the playoffs to this point where we need a small miracle to make it.

I wanted anything on defense especially another DE
I was absolutely against RB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: