Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT Giants @ Ravens - Battle of the inept.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlv

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
mlv wrote:
Gmen wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
tune in next week to witness the way of the maraculous blue ones as they make it right into the playoff's Wink

As far as I'm concerned, the fat lady has sung.

The Giants need to bring in some fresh talent. The players that were key contributors in our two Superbowl runs are no longer performing at their previous levels.

Corey Webster
Chris Snee
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
David Diehl
Ahmad Bradshaw

Get rid of some of those big salaries and bring in players are more hungry.

I mostly agree, but I don't think the coach's son-in-law gets cut. Maybe they restructure his contract. I wouldn't mind having Osi back on a reduced salary, but the rest of those guys shouldn't be Giants in 2013.

Osi made $6M this year. Yup, $6M smackers. A million bucks per sack. Let that sink in. Just sayin...

I wouldn't mind him having him come back at, say 1 year for $3.5-4 million. He can still rush the passer. Sacks aren't the end all, be all. There were games were he generated his fair share of pressure, more than another other DL not named JPP.

Problem this year was that our DTs stunk and our LBs weren't very good either.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys out of playoff contention? I hope not, that way you still have something to play for and hopefully beat us next week.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants scenario

Seattle wins: Giants are in with a win, Cowboys loss or tie, Vikings loss, AND Bears loss. That's it.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Are you guys out of playoff contention? I hope not, that way you still have something to play for and hopefully beat us next week.

I think if we win next week and Washington loses next week plus a bunch of crap we're the 6th

But Im not entirely sure

Not a Knicks fan
mlv

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Giants scenario

Seattle wins: Giants are in with a win, Cowboys loss or tie, Vikings loss, AND Bears loss. That's it.

Looks like Chicago will be without Forte, and Bush is already on IR. A Lions upset is not out of the question.

I think GB is going to smoke Minnesota and I think Dallas folds to Washington in DC. Seattle should handle the Rams in Seattle.

I have no clue what to expect from the Giants though.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Giants scenario

Looks like Chicago will be without Forte, and Bush is already on IR. A Lions upset is not out of the question.

I think GB is going to smoke Minnesota and I think Dallas folds to Washington in DC. Seattle should handle the Rams in Seattle.

I have no clue what to expect from the Giants though.

Yep the most unlikely result of those three is probably us beating Philly Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
maes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really realized how horrible Corey Webster was.

Also still hoping we don't waste our money on Cruz this offseason.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:

wat ...

Not a Knicks fan
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mlv"][quote="dkebones"]
mlv wrote:
Gmen wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:

I mostly agree, but I don't think the coach's son-in-law gets cut. Maybe they restructure his contract. I wouldn't mind having Osi back on a reduced salary, but the rest of those guys shouldn't be Giants in 2013.

Osi made $6M this year. Yup, $6M smackers. A million bucks per sack. Let that sink in. Just sayin...

I wouldn't mind him having him come back at, say 1 year for $3.5-4 million. He can still rush the passer. Sacks aren't the end all, be all. There were games were he generated his fair share of pressure, more than another other DL not named JPP.

Problem this year was that our DTs stunk and our LBs weren't very good either.

he may be able to rush the passer, but he has now become so singly one-dimensional that its easy to take him out of the game when you see him check in.

there's also a bigger point. we're spending nearly $20M on our starting front four plus Osi. Tuck's contract runs out after next season. At least he'll be playing for something. Tuck, Osi and Canty will all be 30+ heading into next season.

not only is it time to add some youth, but if the option is a lackluster performance with "trusted" veterans who simply can't make an impact anymore and a young player with potential who needs to learn on the job, at this point I think I want to opt for the latter. i hear the "four aces" and the "nascar" formation continue to be mentioned-- those guys were 25 years old when that was effective!

lots of miles on those goodyears now...
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
maes wrote:

wat ...

i imagine this will be a not-easily-settled debate between keeping Nicks or Cruz, cause i sure don't see both being able to stay...
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
maes wrote:

wat ...

i imagine this will be a not-easily-settled debate between keeping Nicks or Cruz, cause i sure don't see both being able to stay...

Yea ... Id much rather have cruz than nicks though ...

I guess its all a matter of cap room, and Im unsure of where we stand with ours.

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

I believe the Giants can get in if the Giants win + Cowboys loss + Bears loss + Vikings loss. The last three could happen, but I'm not sure the Giants could beat even the Eagles right now. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to say "Time to gut everything" but it's definitely time for a changing of the guard for a lot of these guys. Webster, Diehl, and Osi are done. Tuck looks done too which is unbelievable. The secondary, pass rush, and o line are all pretty bad. Ah well. More losses = better draft pick, and Ive seen 2 Super Bowls wins in 5 years, so I wont complain too much
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I don't want to say "Time to gut everything" but it's definitely time for a changing of the guard for a lot of these guys. Webster, Diehl, and Osi are done. Tuck looks done too which is unbelievable. The secondary, pass rush, and o line are all pretty bad. Ah well. More losses = better draft pick, and Ive seen 2 Super Bowls wins in 5 years, so I wont complain too much

This. It's obviously not fun to watch your team get obliterated two weeks in a row and miss the playoffs. But, if you step back and look at what this team has accomplished in the Tom Coughlin / Eli Manning era, you'd be a spoiled brat to complain.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be that spoiled brat then. Our division is really weak. We SHOULD have ran away with this division. Instead the Giants played some of the most uninspired football I've seen out of any team in 2012 when it mattered most. I'm sick of virtually everyone on defense. I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd.

Merry Christmas fellas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: