Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here He Is: The Real Next Big Thing- The One We Must Acquire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Here He Is: The Real Next Big Thing- The One We Must Acquire Reply with quote

NBT gives you Brandon Coleman, wide receiver, Rutgers. This guy might be the most physically talented receiver since Moss. Not the prospect AJ Green was, or the athlete Patterson - but Coleman has more potential than either.

Would be 21 year old Brandon Coleman stands a towering 6'6 inches, yet is built proportionately for his height -there is nothing awkward about him. For being taller than Calvin Johnson, Coleman possesses quick feet & smooth hips unlike Johnson, or taller receivers like Plaxico Burress or Stephen Hill, he is more comparable to Cincinnati AJ Green. Like Calvin, Coleman doesn't have lanky 'slow' speed ala Sidney Rice - Coleman used quick feet & long powerful strides to run DAMN fast. Reported 40s of 4.40-4.45, but he has top speed in the 4.3s, and certainly seems to play faster than Stephen Hill. For being 6'6, Coleman is not a skinny/lanky guys ala Randy Moss or AJ Green, either. He is built more like a (very) young Terrell Owens - he is proportionate with solid muscular foundation. He possesses solid, though not amazing, upsion but makes up for it with his height and long arms.

Coleman is a natural ball catcher. He has had some concentration drops while peeking ahead too soon, or trying to make an acrobatic catch in traffic, but in general he has sound hands. He catches the ball in the air and away from his body, and has made several one handers in college. His ball skills also show tremendous talent. He naturally adjusts to the ball in their very well. He has excellent ball-tracking skills, and he is capable of kicking into an extra gear while simultaneously turning his hips to run a different angl to adjust to the pass.

Coleman runs a full route tree, and runs them all well as the tape demonstrates. Quick feet, smooth hips, great top speed, and as good of body control as one can get for his height are all obvious in the tape below.

At the moment, he is too raw & too unproven to be top a 5 pick as his measurables & talent might suggest he merits. In two seasons,Coleman has 56 career catches for 1,215 yards and 16 touchdowns. He was 2nd/3rd fiddle to Mohammad Sanu last season before becoming one of their focal points this year. But, I think he is worth a flier in round 1 or 2, depending on his pre-draft hype. This guy could be the Aldon Smith/Bruce Irvin of receivers, his measurables are almost unprecedented. Pu him in our offense, and OROTY for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8QWAVE0Nc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKS1dMAQMQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5G1KL1Ho4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a7Mutsn33g

Remember the name.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Last edited by NextBigThing on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I can't wait to see who you're gushing over a week from now.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even draft eligible until 2014.
Also not nearly as fast as you make him out to be. His averaged timed speed is ~4.55

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Not even draft eligible until 2014.

Red shirt sophomore. He was class of 2010 in high school.

Quote:
Also not nearly as fast as you make him out to be. His averaged timed speed is ~4.55

Time reports range from 4.41 to 4.48. None in the 4.5's that I have seen, & going off tape, that time looks right where he should be.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:

Unless this is the most ridiculously stacked receiver class ever, Im through. Coleman, Patterson, Williams, Hunter, Rodgers, Wheaton, Woods, Austin, Bailey, King, Dobson...they'd all be decent additions, in that order.
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Unless this is the most ridiculously staked receiver class ever, Im through. Coleman, Patterson, Williams, Hunter, Rodgers, Wheaton, Woods, Austin, Bailer, King, Dobson...they'd all be decent additions, in that order.

I think you missed Frederick McKeeman of the Oglethorpe University Stormy Petrals. He's 6'9" and runs a 4.1.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Oglethorpe University Stormy Petrals

Laughing Laughing
Nihc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get a Student Prince like Nate Washington.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
_Oypus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...don't tell me you actually thought Stephen Hill was a good prospect? Honestly I don't think you're half as insane with the WR obsession as most people here do, but Hill would pretty much destroy that.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I graded Hill as mid rounds at best. Preferred Tommy Streeter.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet NBT was a huge fan of James Hardy and Malcolm Kelly, too...

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I bet NBT was a huge fan of James Hardy and Malcolm Kelly, too...

Hardy couldn't move, and Kelly knees were non existent. Mario Manningham was my top receiver of that class, followed by Devin Thomas. I looooathed that class. Nobody likes to say it but NBT's receiver rankings are damn good.

All pre rookie years:

AJ Green = poss GOAT
Torrey Smith - scary fast game speed
Rueban Randle = looks a certified stud muffin when he has played
DHB = not as bad as everybody initially thought
Mike Wallace & Desean Jackson = elite deep threats from day 1
Golden Tate = not that bad
Demaryius Thomas = pretty damn good
Stephen Hill = sucks
Dez Bryant = slow start but clearly a good player
Mike Williams on TB = 1000 yard receiver potential
Sidney Rice = beast when healthy
Hakeem Nicks = dog dirt

And then theres
Randy Moss = not totally finished in 2012
T.O. IN 2008 = clearly still good despite Ed Werder
Chad OC = sucks & done, shoulda signed Rand

and of course - whining that we should trade for Steve Smith instead of OC prior to 2011, with everyone - including you Tzi - was responding "Steve Smith is done...chad is clearly going to kill it it here"...

NBT has two very good eyes, and both know what to look for in wide receivers. This guy is NOT 'can't miss/domination totally inevitable despite QB/team/anything" ala AJ Green (who is really doing on the lower level of his potential thanks to Dalton), but with the Patriots, this guy with huge potential is a great spot to get the most of it.

I'm telling you..."Brady bombs it WAAAAAY OUT THERE for Coleman who MAKES THE CATCH and will WALK INTO THE END ZONE!! O MUH GAHSHHH. Brandon Coleman is just TOO GOOD. He had 3 guys around him who all get frozen watching him pull away, and he just casually strolls into the end zone for the 5th time today, like "Oh, i scored? no big deal".
PatMD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want two starters from the draft. A starting d lineman and wide receiver.
Best NBT wideout available would work. I think those are the two big impact areas. It could change if people leave however.
bigboi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me my boy Aaron Dobson. 6'3, 220, 4.3 speed. Draft that boy, I'm sweatin woooo. Or Robert Woods, who could be the next Marvin Harrison with Brady, he's gonna be a steal
Wolverine_Joe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devin gardner. 6ft 4. very raw. but he is 6ft 4. doesn't know how to run a route yet. but he is 6ft 4. pretty fast too. 4.5 ish. and he is 6ft 4. with shoes he is 6ft 5.

you will love him!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: