Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shanahan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Kyle Shanahan Reply with quote

He is now my top choice for HC because of what he's done with that offense. He will adapt to the players talents, which is more than we can say about Whiz. I have the same fear with Todd Haley. Whiz and Haley are pretty stubborn and wont change their offense for the player. Shanahan has done that and has done a great job. If Shanahan got the job, then I would take Barkley in the 1st because he would make the system fit his strengths. Side note: WSH runs a 3-4 if that helps his case (makes sure we keep 3-4 for future).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113501/article/kyle-shanahan-on-coaching-fast-track-after-adapting-redskins-o

“I studied every potential Xs and Os play and issue possible. I spent my whole life working on that. My goal was that any question a player could have about anything on the field, I'd be able to answer it.”
—Kyle Shanahan

That quote epitomizes what you want in your coach to be able to do. He has a great work ethic. Good article too; give it a read
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Haley won't change his offense to suit his personnel? Have you not watched Pittsburgh play this season, because that's exactly what he's doing. Tons of run plays and shorter pass plays to mask his OL weaknesses and make due while Ben was injured. That comment couldn't be any further from the truth.

As for Shanahan tailoring his offense to Griffin I mean....I guess. It's a helluva lot easier to do when you've got that type of talent, talent that Barkley will never reach. And it's not Kyle's offense either, it's Mike's. He calls the plays but as a part of his father's offensive gameplan.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And it's not Kyle's offense either, it's Mike's. He calls the plays but as a part of his father's offensive gameplan.

Actually I think it is based off Mike's, but a very large chunk of it is Kyle's. Mike obviously trusts the kid and this season he has taken on far more responsibility of the offense.

I am warming up to Kyle, but he is the kind of guy I want running my offense and not my team.

The best Head Coaches are the guys who are smart, know X's and O's on both sides of the football, know how to gameplan, can make adjustments on the fly and have little ego. The best Head Coaches are ones who are going to defer to their subordinates a fair amount because those are the guys running that side of the football.

It is why I like the prospect of Dave Toub and Winston Moss as Head Coaches, I feel like they are guys that are going to surround themselves with very savvy coaches both offensively and defensively. They are not going to get too involved in any of them, but will have a finger in each pie.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what Redskins fans have said, it's Mike's offensive system. Could be wrong obviously, that's just what they've said.

Back to Haley for a 2nd, that won't change his offense to his personnel thing is just way, way off. He did exactly that in Kansas City, changed what he did with Kurt when he went to Matt Cassell and ran the ball a heckuva lot more when he had Jamaal Charles. He'll change if he has to but that brings me to another point, he doesn't have too!!! Our starting QB almost suredly isn't on this team. Ryan Williams has an iffy future, as does Beanie Wells. Who does he have to adapt to? Nobody. Larry but Larry adores Todd Haley, that's a non-issue. He doesn't have to fit hs scheme around anybody here, he'd be coming in to a completely blank canvas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All RECENT reports are saying that Haley had been very stubborn and wont adjust.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
All RECENT reports are saying that Haley had been very stubborn and wont adjust.

Not 1 recent report questions his ability to "adjust". The recent reports come from Big Ben wanting more of the no-huddle offense (Reason unexplained) and his querstioning of a play with 2 minutes left in the half that Ben called "not a good call at all", even though the play resulted in a 30 yard touchdown pass to Heath Miller. Go read the Steelers forum, not one poster in the thread commenting on Ben's comments put any of it on Haley.

And I state again, he doesn't have to adjust to ANYBODY currently on this roster. If it wasn'ty already a non-issue (It should be), it sure is once you look at our offensive depth chart.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Not 1 recent report questions his ability to "adjust". The recent reports come from Big Ben wanting more of the no-huddle offense (Reason unexplained) and his querstioning of a play with 2 minutes left in the half that Ben called "not a good call at all", even though the play resulted in a 30 yard touchdown pass to Heath Miller. Go read the Steelers forum, not one poster in the thread commenting on Ben's comments put any of it on Haley.

And I state again, he doesn't have to adjust to ANYBODY currently on this roster. If it wasn'ty already a non-issue (It should be), it sure is once you look at our offensive depth chart.

Frankly, Haley wont change as much as Shanahan would. I think I may have used the wrong word in adjust. I meant that Haley and Big Ben have not always been on the same page, and it is important for the OC and QB to be on the same page. Ultimately you have to lean towards the strengths of the QB, and if Big Ben wanted no huddle or different plays called, they should have run it/them.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If Big Ben wanted no huddle or different plays called, they should have run it/them."

So what you're saying is that Big Ben should have final say on all offensive strategy/play calls and because he doesn't Todd Haley (And in turn, Mike Tomlin beings as he's the head coach) is an egotist who refuses to adjust to anything or anyone. Am I reading that right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
"If Big Ben wanted no huddle or different plays called, they should have run it/them."

So what you're saying is that Big Ben should have final say on all offensive strategy/play calls and because he doesn't Todd Haley (And in turn, Mike Tomlin beings as he's the head coach) is an egotist who refuses to adjust to anything or anyone. Am I reading that right?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8754533

What im saying is that Haley and Big Ben should be on the same page and Big Ben should feel comfortable with what he's doing.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8754533

What im saying is that Haley and Big Ben should be on the same page and Big Ben should feel comfortable with what he's doing.

Ben should alwso have been on the same page with what Ken Whisenhunt was doing during his time there. And he should have been on the same page with what Bruce Arians was doing during HIS time there. He wasn't.

After 3 different OCs, all with problems with Ben, it's pretty darn obvious who the problem is,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main point here is this: If you tell a guy that if he takes this job he'll have no say over who his starting QB is (Which is exactly what you're suggesting by bringing up the point of adjusting your system around someone new), he won't be able to run the system he wants and if/when the bullets start flying his new QB will have the right to dictate play strategy and playcalls to him...you're not going to hire anybody for this job. Literally, nobody other than idiots like Jim Caldwell and Dave McGinnis will take it. Not Todd Haley, not Kyle Shanahan, not Jay Gruden, sure as hell not a big name like Chip Kelly. You won't even get Ray Horton. Ray only came here because Whiz told him he wanted his system and would allow Ray to run it without interference. That's the only reason he's here.

Seriously, if this is what you're suggesting our head coach has to do, you may as well not even go thru the interview process. Nobody will want to come here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114460/article/kyle-shanahankirk-cousins-package-could-entice-many-teams
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to pay way over the top to get cousins.

Washington loses it's OC and then says have our backup QB as well?

That will cost you a 1st for sure, especially if he plays well again this year.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
You would have to pay way over the top to get cousins.

Washington loses it's OC and then says have our backup QB as well?

That will cost you a 1st for sure, especially if he plays well again this year.

I would consider giving a 2nd for Cousins, definitely a 3rd but not a 1st.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not paying the price for Cousins that Washington will ask. Not after 1 game.

If they're being marketed as a combo, I'll pass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: