Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Someone Sell Me on Elam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Can Someone Sell Me on Elam? Reply with quote

I see him mocked to us a lot. But I am not a fan. But that is based on not a lot of film. Someone posted a video of him earlier in the year. I saw a guy who went for the big hit and did not wrap when he tackled. And the best hit I saw was on a teammate after a defensive TD.

Has his form improved? Is he a better tackler than I have seen? How is he in coverage?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only knock I see on him is size. He's not the biggest of players but he is one of the better coverage safeties in the draft. He plays tight coverage and isn't afraid to get physical.

As for tackling, he does go for the big hit but he's also a very good tackler and can blow up screens. Honestly I think he's the player the Bengals were expecting Clements to be at safety. Good in coverage, can support the run, and a bit under-sized. So a younger, faster, Clements at safety, I would be good with...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting prospect. Florida does a lot of different things with him, he's definitely not a convention ten yards of the LOS safety. In their nickel package Elam would line up over the slot receiver and he has the fluidity and ball skills to manage that even at the next level I think. He's a great alley defender who plays downhill and makes a lot of nice tackles in the run game when ball carriers attempt to bounce plays to the outside. He plays really fast, and he makes a lot of splash plays. Can be used as a blitzer off the edge and Florida loved to walk him up to the LOS out of their base formation on defense.

His size is a bit concerning. He can get washed out of plays in the run game by even Wide Receivers and he isn't great a shedding blocks once he gets engaged by a defender. Plays a bit out of control, and he's a bit raw in coverage. Not a deep center fielder type safety if you ask me.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
The only knock I see on him is size. He's not the biggest of players but he is one of the better coverage safeties in the draft. He plays tight coverage and isn't afraid to get physical.

As for tackling, he does go for the big hit but he's also a very good tackler and can blow up screens. Honestly I think he's the player the Bengals were expecting Clements to be at safety. Good in coverage, can support the run, and a bit under-sized. So a younger, faster, Clements at safety, I would be good with...

From what i've seen, I prefer Vaccaro, (and he could well be there in the 2nd) ........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: