Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots 2012-2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trivium2009

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Patriots 2012-2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

This is my first Mock off-season of the years for the Patriots. Enjoy!

URFA's
Wes Welker
Sebastian Vollmer
Donald Thomas
Trevor Scott
Julian Edilman
Danny Woodhead
Will Allen
Aqib Talib
Kyle Arrington
Patrick Chung

URFA's Resigned
Wes Welker- 2yrs- He has been our most consistent WR since Troy Brown, and he deserves to be a Patriot.

Donald Thomas- 2yrs- He is not the flashiest Guard but he has stepped up big for us this year and I can see him starting at RG next year.

Julian Edilman- 3yrs- Edilman showed flashes of a good WR for us this year but injuries hindered his production.

Aqib Talib- 1yr- This may be the smart way to handle Talib. Give him a one year contract not only to see what he can do with a full season as a Pat but its also a safety caution just to see if he can stay out of trouble.

URFA's Not Resigned
Sebastian Vollmer- He will be looking to get a long year high dollar contract, and with his injury record its best to just let him walk.

Danny Woodhead- He has been good for us since being signed, but with Vereen looking to take over his duties its just better for both parties to part ways and let another team over pay for him.

Trevor Scott- He has been MIA ever since being signed his time is up in a Patriots uniform

Patrick Chung- We try to sign him to a 1yr deal but he will be asking too much, so we just let him walk. Too much injuries to justify a long contract.

Kyle Arrington- Not worth the head-ache anymore. Can't cover anyone.

Will Allen- He either retires or signs elsewhere

URFA's Signed

Jake Long LT- 5yrs (This is going to have a lot of you going WHAT!) Ok with the money we save from not re-signing Vollmer we use on a better Tackle who is not going to resign with the Dolphins. His health is better than Vollmers and he is more consistent. With this signing I can see Nate Soldier moving to RT. Soldier has looked good at LT this year but he is still raw in certain areas and that could become a problem down the road, so signing an Pro Bowler LT could help our Oline a hell of a lot and help keep Brady's blindside better protected.

Geoff Schwartz- 1yr- As you may see this year our oline can still hold up with injuries but there are still cracks and adding Schwartz will give us better depth at our Guard spot.

Kerry Rhodes- 2yrs- He will not resign with the Cardinals and with Chung leaving we need to find a S to play along side McCourty, and Steve Gregory's inconsistency doesn't show me that he can handle that job.

Quentin Jammer- 1yr- With Arrington gone we will need to find someone who can give us depth in our secondary and Jammer is a lot better than Arrington.

Draft- (Based off of current standings)

1st Round #28- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State- With uncertainty surrounding Talib and his ability to stay out of trouble and our need for secondary help Rhodes becomes the most logical pick here. Rhodes has great ball skills and is good in coverage, and he is not afraid to hit and jam at the line. Other prospects Pats could look at- Eric Reid S LSU, Johnathan Banks CB Mississippi St.

2nd Round #60 (Trade)- To St. Louis Rams for pick #80, and their 5th

3rd Round #80 via Rams- Robert Lester S Alabama- He is a good safety will great ball skills. May need a yr or two to be a full time starter but with the Patriots signing Kerry Rhodes we will be able to let him learn behind Rhodes for a couple of yrs.

3rd Round #92- Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas- With our WR core getting older and Welker just resigned to a two year deal and Lloyd on his last year its time New England looks to add some young blood to that WR corp. Cobi Hamilton isn't going to jump off the page at you, but he will be a nice prospect to learn behind Welker and Lloyd for a year or two.

5th Round via Rams- Michael Buchanan DE Illinois- Hybrid type player much like Chandler Jones, but with a better Collage resume.

7th Round- William Campbell DT Michigan- Homer pick here. Campbell has been a big disappointment since arriving to Michigan as a 5 star recruit. He just doesn't seem to be motivated, but when he is, he is very good at disrupting the pocket and forcing the QB to scrabble left or right. Campbell has great size for a DT at 6'5'' 308lbs with the right coaching he could end up being a steal in this draft.

Please tell me what you guys think, and tell me what I can do different. I didn't do dollar amounts because I don't know how to predict that. Thank You and Have a Great Christmas.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake long and Kerry rhode suck, Talib wont sign a 1 year deal, we need Volmer back, and who are those drafts picks? Whatever receiver we acquire needs to play ASAP btw

good effort though Wink
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mattyl13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting offseason.

UFRAs resigned

I'd love to see Wekler back for 2 more years, but I have a feeling thats not the case. Maybe again on the franchise. BB isnt going to go all redsox and give the 2 year deal after the one year deal, ala Ortiz.

I like all the other resignings, but i dont get Donald Thomas starting at RG next year. Im under the impession its Connolys spot to lose.

Id also like to see them go with Talib for more than one year. The guy can do good things back there. Again, unlike the redsox, i dont think this team trades away assets only to lose the asset in the upcoming offseason.

UFRAs not resigned
Not resigning Vollmer is likely. This comes to money alone.

Iwant them to resign Woody. Hes not a 31 back and he knows it. I think he knows this is his niche and they work out a fair deal.

Scott and Chung, nice backups if the money is right.

Kyle Arrington has to go. Nuf said. It seems like every year he is primed to be a nice backup, but then bam, there he is, playing significant snaps.

Will Allen, so confused about this. Why did we sign him. Why not use the IR designated for return on him. What a waste with Shaincoe

Unsold on the non patriot resignings. Id think it jake long came here, a big if, he would be at RT.

Unable to comment on the draft at this point.

I w
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long was not good this season.

Rhodes is about as anti-Belichick as players get.

There's not really such thing as too many CBs, but there is such thing as using too many resources on CBs. Two free agents (who are both starters right now) and a first round pick seems like overkill.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize Kerry Rhodes was still only 30. I like him a lot, would be a significant upgrade to our back end.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending if the Ravens release Bolden i can see them going after him. Dont forget the patriots almost got Bolden a few years ago. If Welker wants more years then they let him walk

Then you would have a complete offence 2 outside WR with atleast one able to deal with press. The only thing they are really missing is a WR like they had in Givens someone that could just throw guys off him at the line.
Nihc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive a brinks truck to Melton's home.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyl13 wrote:
Iwant them to resign Woody. Hes not a 31 back and he knows it. I think he knows this is his niche and they work out a fair deal.

I don't. Its not because of Woodhead though. Its moreso I want Demps. I think Demps can be a good change of pace back and provide a KRer that can break off huge returns. Woodhead will get offered more than we can imo and he's been good here.
Sciz wrote:
There's not really such thing as too many CBs, but there is such thing as using too many resources on CBs. Two free agents (who are both starters right now) and a first round pick seems like overkill.

Yeah that'd be a lot of CBs. Also we add 2 more S and we don't cut gregory? Going into camp we'd have:

CBs;
Jammer
Rhodes
Talib
Dowling
Dennard

S:
Rhodes
McCourty
Lester
Gregory
Wilson
Gregory(?)

Then have STers like:
Cole, Ebner and such.
jerb2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How will we address the D-Line/pass rush situation? Besides Chandler Jones and Vince Wilfork, we don't have much of anything. Nink isn't bad, but he is not necessarily an impact player.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerb2011 wrote:
How will we address the D-Line/pass rush situation? Besides Chandler Jones and Vince Wilfork, we don't have much of anything. Nink isn't bad, but he is not necessarily an impact player.

Yeah, no secondary can cover for 10 seconds.

Donut wrote:
I don't. Its not because of Woodhead though. Its moreso I want Demps. I think Demps can be a good change of pace back and provide a KRer that can break off huge returns. Woodhead will get offered more than we can imo and he's been good here.

I know it was one game but Sunday night told me a lot about Woodhead. When some of our other players were obviously playing scared or out of control (Ridley, Hernandez, Vereen) he never let the moment get away from him. Demps might be faster, but Woodhead's not going to alligator arm a pass because he's afraid of getting hit, and that's important. He's also looked faster lately, more like he did in 2010 than he did in 2011. I hope we bring him back.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
PatMD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the slight improvements the defense have seen are a reflection of the work done to the front seven. Keeping the proven players on offense will probably take up all the franchise and restricted designations.
trivium2009

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Long was not good this season.

Rhodes is about as anti-Belichick as players get.

You really can't grade Long for this year, he has been hurt all year and he plays on a terrible line. If we lose Vollmer he would be the best option for us. As for Rhodes, he was an Anti-Belichick when he was a Jet because of the rivalry, I'm sure if The Patriots give him an offer he would still think about it. Jammer is getting older and he is only starting because the Chargers have no one to start over him.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to stop making threads like this. They're not even good for comedy value anymore.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
You have to stop making threads like this. They're not even good for comedy value anymore.

I think you meant this comment for that other "hilarious" thread about a certain WR.....

Wink
patsfreak007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

At least its not as bad as what someone did in the GM forum. Person decided to gut the team and draft 23 rookies to fill their spots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: