Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins Reply with quote

I would like to keep all talk about NFL Draft prospects limited to this thread.

Please no Free Agency talk.

Current Needs (not in any order)
CB
S
ILB
OLB
OT

Draft picks:

if you need a list of potential prospects this is the best list I can find:

Position Player Rankings

So currently I have a 4 round complete mock going. But I have us taking Jefferson at S in the 2nd, Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU in the 3rd, and Tyrann Mathieu in the 4th.

Tony Jefferson is a ball hawk and can make plays in the secondary. With Meriweather, he should be able to roam a lot at the FS spot, much like ST.

Fletcher is getting older and Keenan Robinson is not going to be a solid ILB. He is undersized and is more suited to play the OLB position. Minter and Riley should provide a better combo once Fletcher hangs up the cleats. There are another couple of guys I like as well at the ILB spot, but may be later than Round 3.

Kevin Riddick, North Carolina

A.J. Klein, Iowa State

Matthieu may have had his issues, but he one hell of a talent and would be hard to pass up in the 4th round. Some people may think that he goes undrafted, but I can see Shanny taking a flyer on him based on value in the 4th.

I have not finished my other rounds yet.

Feel free to comment on my pick and make your own. Talk about draft picks that you would like to see here, or just about the draft in general.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my mind bro. I was just going to start this topic. Cool I also approve of your selections. One thing I would like to see us do late in the draft is take a flyer on a SS prospect like Kenny Tate or Ray Ray Armstrong. One upon a time a few years a go both were thought to be day 1 prospects but injury and an off field mistake bumped them down to late round prospects. IMO they'll be steals

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft picks:
2.Jordan Poyer CB Oregon st
3.Desmond Trufant CB Washington
4.Rashard Hall FS Clemson
5.Xavier Nixon OT Florida
5.Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
6. Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
6. Andrew Jackson*, ILB, Western Kentucky
7.Michael Williams, TE, Alabama -There you go.That is my perfect draft.Fills all our major needs early and lesser needs later.Poyer,Trufant and Hall would fix our back end right up Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Draft picks:
7.Michael Williams, TE, Alabama -There you go.That is my perfect draft.Fills all our major needs early and lesser needs later.Poyer,Trufant and Hall would fix our back end right up Twisted Evil
why do you think Nico Johnson will be there in round 6? I don't see him lasting past the 3rd or early 4th.

We also only have 7 picks. We don't have two 6ths, we have 1. Wink

http://bloggingthebeast.com/nfc-east-2013-draft-picks/redskins-2013-draft-picks/

Quote:
The Redskins currently hold 7 picks in the 2013 draft. They donít have their 1st round pick, of course, but they do have an extra 5th round pick from the Albert Haynesworth trade. Also of note is the Donovan McNabb trade. The Redskins traded Donovan McNabb for a 2012 6th round pick and a conditional 6th round pick in 2013. However, McNabb did not meet the minimum playing time requirements in Minnesota, so the Vikings do not have to send their 2013 6th round pick to the Redskins.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
Draft picks:
why do you think Nico Johnson will be there in round 6? I don't see him lasting past the 3rd.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/nfc-east-2013-draft-picks/redskins-2013-draft-picks/

Quote:
The Redskins currently hold 7 picks in the 2013 draft. They donít have their 1st round pick, of course, but they do have an extra 5th round pick from the Albert Haynesworth trade. Also of note is the Donovan McNabb trade. The Redskins traded Donovan McNabb for a 2012 6th round pick and a conditional 6th round pick in 2013. However, McNabb did not meet the minimum playing time requirements in Minnesota, so the Vikings do not have to send their 2013 6th round pick to the Redskins.
As far as our picks,I just went with what he posted.As far as player availability goes,You dont have any clue where anyone will go Laughing .Every year people say "He wont go that late"about a bunch of players and in many cases they go that late or later.So save that chatter for after the draft Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TKellion wrote:
Draft picks:
why do you think Nico Johnson will be there in round 6? I don't see him lasting past the 3rd.

Quote:
As far as our picks,I just went with what he posted.As far as player availability goes,You dont have any clue where anyone will go Laughing .Every year people say "He wont go that late"about a bunch of players and in many cases they go that late or later.So save that chatter for after the draft Twisted Evil
umm it was just a question bro. Don't take it so personal and get so defensive. Sorry, I didn't realize mike23md said we had two 6ths.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/ILB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently Nico Johnson is a 2-3 round prospect but with a limited number of ILB's Nico should go middle 2nd to early 3rd as he is one of the top 5 ILB's behind Te'o and Ogletree. I think that there are 2 teams that could take him either early 2nd, late 2nd or early 3rd and that being the Giants or the Ravens.

A lot of people have Skov being mocked to us, but I can only see him as a WLB in a 4-3 defense based on his size. And we would need an SILB for the 3-4. Perry Riley is the WILB.

As far as your CB idea for the first 2 picks, I cannot see Trufant lasting to round 3. There is going to be a run on CB's about the late 1st starting with possibly the Broncos or the Patriots and then they are going to go quickly. At least that is what I see with team needs and draft positions.

Like I said before, we need a FS in the worst way, and I believe that Tony Jefferson is going to be that guy. In the third, I have Kevin Minter for strictly value, but if we go CB in the third, I like Nickell Roby from USC. If we go CB in the 4th then it has to be Mathieu. Talent like that to be had in the 4th is just too hard to pass on.

That is how I feel about it, based on needs and where the defense has been lacking. OT will definitely be later than sooner if at all.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see what all the debate of Nico is.
TK is right. I see some places have Nico anywhere between 4-6. And outside the top 10 of ILBs.

What Ive seen from Nico. I wouldnt take him before the 4th. That surrounding talent is just so good. Just like with Eric Reid. I wanted to get that LSU S on this team awful at one time. Take away the Honey Badger, Morris and Peterson from around him. And he didnt show as good as expected without them. Most places have him going like 2 or 3. But I really dont want him before the 4th atm. Hes got some work to do.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the pick @ 17 Steelers Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

mike23md: Jefferson sounds like a real nice pick! :
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737117/tony-jefferson
TKellion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Currently Nico Johnson is a 2-3 round prospect but with a limited number of ILB's Nico should go middle 2nd to early 3rd as he is one of the top 5 ILB's behind Te'o and Ogletree. I think that there are 2 teams that could take him either early 2nd, late 2nd or early 3rd and that being the Giants or the Ravens.

A lot of people have Skov being mocked to us, but I can only see him as a WLB in a 4-3 defense based on his size. And we would need an SILB for the 3-4. Perry Riley is the WILB.

As far as your CB idea for the first 2 picks, I cannot see Trufant lasting to round 3. There is going to be a run on CB's about the late 1st starting with possibly the Broncos or the Patriots and then they are going to go quickly. At least that is what I see with team needs and draft positions.

Like I said before, we need a FS in the worst way, and I believe that Tony Jefferson is going to be that guy. In the third, I have Kevin Minter for strictly value, but if we go CB in the third, I like Nickell Roby from USC. If we go CB in the 4th then it has to be Mathieu. Talent like that to be had in the 4th is just too hard to pass on.

That is how I feel about it, based on needs and where the defense has been lacking. OT will definitely be later than sooner if at all.
Great another MB expert making predictions on how early or late a player will be picked in a draft that hasnt happened yet Laughing But really forget that lets look at your top choice Jefferson.In this day of 6'4" and 6'5" #1 receivers you want to go with a 5'10" FS Laughing I will stick with my choice of Rashard Hall who is 6'1 ,Eric Reid LSU at 6'2" or Robert Lester Alabama who is also 6'2".Trufant not lasting until the 3rd is believable considering I dont understand why he isnt rated as a 1st rounder.But Poyer and Trufant are studs and I can hope until it doesnt happen Laughing Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

i looked at several different sites and there seems to be mixed reviews on Nico Johnson. Some have him late 2nd or early 3rd, some 4th or 5th. I agree about Trufant. He won't last till round 3.

I agree about the FS. If we don't get an upgrade in FA, that should be our 2nd round pick. We've needed an upgrade at FS since 08. It's past time we fix that problem.

As far as OT goes, to me it just depends on Bpa. If there is an OT prospect that is really athletic and fits our scheme in round 3 or 4, I think they will grab him and put off Cb or LB till the next round.

DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
TK is right. I see some places have Nico anywhere between 4-6. And outside the top 10 of ILBs.

What Ive seen from Nico. I wouldnt take him before the 4th. That surrounding talent is just so good. Just like with Eric Reid. I wanted to get that LSU S on this team awful at one time. Take away the Honey Badger, Morris and Peterson from around him. And he didnt show as good as expected without them. Most places have him going like 2 or 3. But I really dont want him before the 4th atm. Hes got some work to do.

Thanks for perspective on any LSU players. I would love to see any Defensive LSU players on our team, just depends on spending the right pick for their "value". But I like that team, and I LOVE what they do defensively every single year...But I work too much to watch college games. So your observations are appreciated
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Great another MB expert making predictions on how early or late a player will be picked in a draft that hasnt happened yet Laughing But really forget that lets look at your top choice Jefferson.In this day of 6'4" and 6'5" #1 receivers you want to go with a 5'10" FS Laughing I will stick with my choice of Rashard Hall who is 6'1 ,Eric Reid LSU at 6'2" or Robert Lester Alabama who is also 6'2".Trufant not lasting until the 3rd is believable considering I dont understand why he isnt rated as a 1st rounder.But Poyer and Trufant are studs and I can hope until it doesnt happen Laughing Twisted Evil
good point about the height, but Lester has had a down year w/o Barron, plus i think he's more a SS prospect than a FS prospect. I don't think Reid will make it to our pick, so thats why mike probably doesn't have us selecting him.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

good analysis Parrothead. Nico Johnson is an enigma to me. Like mike said some have him 2 or 3, then some have him 4-6. I guess we'll see. One thing about him is he's a big run stuffer and we need that on our D. We can always take him out on 3rd downs and put Keenan Robinson in to play the pass.

I wonder about Reid though, he showed a lot of skills last year in big games. I'm wondering if he's going to sneak his way back up in the draft a little bit. I mean look at what Barron did last year. He wasn't quite what everyone expected during the year and most scouts had him falling to round 2. He showed well though in pre draft workouts, he was taken 7th in the draft because the Bucs fell in love with him.

Dro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 - David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State
Round 3 - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 4 - Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
Round 5 - Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
Round 5 - Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
Round 6 - Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Faulkner University
Round 7 - Brad Wing**, P, LSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: