Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior Bowl: 5 things to watch on the practice field

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-5-things-to-watch-on-the-practice-field-2464.html

1. One on one drills. It's the best part of senior bowl week IMHO
2. Qb play, ball placement, footwork, accuracy, and arm strength
3. Secondary technique
4. Not just 40 times or track speed but REAL Football speed in pads
5. Production under pressure
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins been spending a lot of time with Lane Johnson OT from Oklahoma.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Redskins been spending a lot of time with Lane Johnson OT from Oklahoma.
cool. Last year they spent a lot of time with Donald Stephenson, OT from OU but didn't draft him, they took LeRibeus instead. Hopefully Lane makes it to us and we select him, another tackle or a DB in round 2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Lane Johnson. The kid is nasty and he can kick out defenders well.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

Goodwin might be bumping his stock up a bit with big game today. Had a long TD rushing, and a game winning 36 yard TD.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=323640204
yeah... Maybe he'll be a 7th rounder now... Wink jk

The NFL loves speed, and Goodwin put it on display today on two big TD's. Scouts are smart enough to know that his system isn't WR friendly, and will be focusing heavily on his off season, and how natural he looks in his WR drills at the combine/proday. His stock at this point is very much up in the air. If he runs a 4.25-4.30 40, and tests well in position drills, which is very possible you better believe he will be shooting up boards and be viewed as a middle round pick (3-5 round) Travis Benjamin/TJ Graham last year were in similar situations. Were late round prospects at the end of the year, and picked in round 3-4 with strong showings in the offseason. Basically there is no way I pass this guy up if he's still there in round 5.
i hope you are right for his case.

Just thought I'd mention my prediction looks like it is coming true for Goodwin so far. He is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl this week. As I've said for years, he is a player that has tons of talent, but simply wasn't utilized very well with the Longhorns.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-122.php
http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2013/1/22/3902468/alex-okafor-senior-bowl-practice-2013-nfl-draft-marquise-goodwin-projections
http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/senior-bowl-2013-mike-glennon-jordan-poyer-and-marquise-goodwin-rise
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/1/22/3901890/senior-bowl-2013-practice-day-1
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1496550-senior-bowl-2013-players-whose-stock-will-rise-in-mobile
http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/22/senior-bowl-notes-day-2-north-practice-mike-glennon-shows-off-the-gun-and-a-monte-kiffin-sighting/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=senior-bowl-notes-day-2-north-practice-mike-glennon-shows-off-the-gun-and-a-monte-kiffin-sighting
http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-senior-bowl-north-tuesday-practice-notes.html
http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?
"Marquise Goodwin can be DeSean Jackson type weapon in NFL. There are tiny-man-health concerns, but he=BEAST. UT failed to use him correctly" Ben Rogers twitter (ESPN Radio)

If we don't take one of the 1st round caliber wr's that will likely fall to us in the 2nd, I really hope we pick this guy up in the 4th/5th if he lasts that long.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwin is a great find. His size is going to hinder his draft stock but he will get drafted. He will work himself into a viable #3 somewhere before the season starts.

He could land here if we look that way in the 5th especially with 2 picks in the 5th round.

Wouldnt surprise me.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see him in New England. They like them small and quick up there near Boston.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pros and Cons of T.J. McDonald For The Redskins - Hogs Haven
http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/2/1/3942080/pros-and-cons-of-t-j-mcdonald-for-the-redskins

Quote:
Steve: I do feel that McDonald would be a great pick-up for the Redskins in either the 2nd or 3rd round. I do feel he can be a free safety in this league, and in the Redskins system that means an ability to play both up in the box and as that single high safety. In the box McDonald is pretty advanced with both his run defense and his blitzing ability, as well as short area coverage.

The real question is as you said when he's back deep, this is where his decision making has come into question. It is a fair question as he's been streaky in this area, but I do feel he has some natural coverage ability. In man he rarely gets beat or allows for separation, and in zone he's got really good closing speed. That might not fully answer the question about his ability to diagnose a play, but it leaves me with enough confidence that he can learn.

What really sold me on McDonald was his play Senior Bowl week, where he consistently showed better instincts and was complimented by the coaching staff.

http://httr24-7.com/blog/redskins-review-safeties/ Info on a possible good FA safety pick up, Corey Lynch for the skins.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Round 2 - David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State
Round 3 - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 4 - Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
Round 5 - Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
Round 5 - Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
Round 6 - Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Faulkner University
Round 7 - Brad Wing**, P, LSU

Mayock at the senior bowl was saying Oday doesnt have the skills to play OT in the NFL and will prolly be a G..........
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Dro wrote:

Mayock at the senior bowl was saying Oday doesn't have the skills to play OT in the NFL and will prolly be a G..........
really? I guess we will see how he does in the combine and workouts. Maybe he will fall in the draft and we can get him later than originally thought.

I saw where some think Pugh will now be a guard as well. For me, I'm not really buying it with either guy. I think they will fall a round or two and be guys that need to be developed.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Dro wrote:

Mayock at the senior bowl was saying Oday doesn't have the skills to play OT in the NFL and will prolly be a G..........
really? I guess we will see how he does in the combine and workouts. Maybe he will fall in the draft and we can get him later than originally thought.

I saw where some think Pugh will now be a guard as well. For me, I'm not really buying it with either guy. I think they will fall a round or two and be guys that need to be developed.

Neither Pugh nor Aboushi have the size to be a G. Pugh is barely under 300 and Aboushi is 310. To block a NT or DT they are going to have to gain some weight to stand ground.

One of the only guys I have seen actually big enough to play guard and is being scouted as a OT, is D.J. Fluker. He is 336 lbs and will most likely move inside to handle NT's and DT's.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Dro wrote:

Neither Pugh nor Aboushi have the size to be a G. Pugh is barely under 300 and Aboushi is 310. To block a NT or DT they are going to have to gain some weight to stand ground.

One of the only guys I have seen actually big enough to play guard and is being scouted as a OT, is D.J. Fluker. He is 336 lbs and will most likely move inside to handle NT's and DT's.
i don't agree about the size of Pugh and Aboushi, our interior OL are the same size as those two. They could work out in a zbs scheme as an interior OL.

Fluker definitely could play guard. I still see all three as OTs though or as versatile swing players who can play guard or Rt.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Dro wrote:

i don't agree about the size of Pugh and Aboushi, our interior OL are the same size as those two. They could work out in a zbs scheme as an interior OL.

Fluker definitely could play guard. I still see all three as OTs though or as versatile swing players who can play guard or Rt.

As far as the running scheme, yes I think that Pugh and Aboushi would do fine, but its the passing game where I think that they would get bull rushed. Pugh has short arms which would serve him well on the outside at RT so he can use his legs to drive on defenders. His weight is not going to handle the big DT's on the inside. He lacks core strength and needs to really work on his center of gravity in order to play inside.

About Aboushi:

Aboushi started the first five games at right tackle in 2010 before moving over to the left side because of injury, starting the final seven games.

He started all 13 contests last season at left tackle as a junior, earning Second Team All-ACC honors.

Aboushi was asked to play both OT positions during the senior bowl and gave up only one sack during practices.

Physical, aggressive blocker best suited to the right side in NFL. But his mental errors and penalties are what kill his stock. He will have to work on his mental training and learn to focus on the task at hand.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
tmoney02

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Ray Ray Armstrong to be completely honest. Kid has immense amounts of talent and play making ability. His favorite player was Sean Taylor and he honestly styled his play after him, just look at the highlights. His off the field problems don't seem to be arrest or drug related. He got in trouble for taking gifts and money from that booster Shapiro. Also got in trouble for letting his girlfriend who just happened to have her own ad agency pay for hotel rooms for him to stay in. Was dismissed for dishonesty during the investigation into Miami players taking gifts. He has crazy upside and honestly wouldn't wait around until the 6th or later to get him. He could be an answer to our Safety problems, and he's not a bad kid. For crying out loud once he was kicked off the team he worked in the classroom for 6 months to finish off his degree, so he's graduated which to me shows dedication and he has a decent head on his shoulders. Don't take my word for it, he's worth a late 4th or 5th just look at the highlights and you can't go wrong with 6'4 215 lbs at Safety.

Oh and just because I graduated from Marshall and there's been a player from Marshall on the roster of at least the last 3 or 4 Super Bowl champs, Aaron Dobson would be an amazing pickup, I wouldn't do it in the 2nd but if he's hanging around that late in the 3rd I'd have to think long and hard about it. Amazing hands and speed at 6'2 200 lbs. He can go up and get the ball and make difficult catches look easy. I know we have bigger needs but I've always believed in a good mix of draft for need and drafting best player available is necessary not just one or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Dro wrote:

As far as the running scheme, yes I think that Pugh and Aboushi would do fine, but its the passing game where I think that they would get bull rushed. Pugh has short arms which would serve him well on the outside at RT so he can use his legs to drive on defenders. His weight is not going to handle the big DT's on the inside. He lacks core strength and needs to really work on his center of gravity in order to play inside.

About Aboushi:

Aboushi started the first five games at right tackle in 2010 before moving over to the left side because of injury, starting the final seven games.

He started all 13 contests last season at left tackle as a junior, earning Second Team All-ACC honors.

Aboushi was asked to play both OT positions during the senior bowl and gave up only one sack during practices.

Physical, aggressive blocker best suited to the right side in NFL. But his mental errors and penalties are what kill his stock. He will have to work on his mental training and learn to focus on the task at hand.
Cool. Thanks mike23, so do you think either guy could be available for us in round 3 or 4? I see where some scouts think they could be... Very Happy

I've also been reading good things about David Bakhtiari, OT from Colorado.
Walter football has him mocked to us in round 3 of his latest mock draft.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmoney02 wrote:
I really want Ray Ray Armstrong to be completely honest. Kid has immense amounts of talent and play making ability. His favorite player was Sean Taylor and he honestly styled his play after him, just look at the highlights. His off the field problems don't seem to be arrest or drug related. He got in trouble for taking gifts and money from that booster Shapiro. Also got in trouble for letting his girlfriend who just happened to have her own ad agency pay for hotel rooms for him to stay in. Was dismissed for dishonesty during the investigation into Miami players taking gifts. He has crazy upside and honestly wouldn't wait around until the 6th or later to get him. He could be an answer to our Safety problems, and he's not a bad kid. For crying out loud once he was kicked off the team he worked in the classroom for 6 months to finish off his degree, so he's graduated which to me shows dedication and he has a decent head on his shoulders. Don't take my word for it, he's worth a late 4th or 5th just look at the highlights and you can't go wrong with 6'4 215 lbs at Safety.

Oh and just because I graduated from Marshall and there's been a player from Marshall on the roster of at least the last 3 or 4 Super Bowl champs, Aaron Dobson would be an amazing pickup, I wouldn't do it in the 2nd but if he's hanging around that late in the 3rd I'd have to think long and hard about it. Amazing hands and speed at 6'2 200 lbs. He can go up and get the ball and make difficult catches look easy. I know we have bigger needs but I've always believed in a good mix of draft for need and drafting best player available is necessary not just one or the other.
I think it's worth taking a chance on Ray Ray Armstrong also, I'd rather not do it in the 4th round though. I hope we can wait till the 6th or 7th to snag him when the draft rolls around in 2 months... Pray

I like Dobson also, but I'm still of the opinion that we have 3 good wr prospects under the age of 25- Hankerson, Robinson and Briscoe and I want to see them developed more before spending another high or mid round pick on a wr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 8 of 25

Jump to: