Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
mike23md wrote:
First off, I dont that any team should ever draft a kicker/punter. They can be had as UDFA.

Look, about Tony Jefferson. Just because he is 5'11 that really doesnt mean squat. Polamalu is only 5'10. Bob Sanders was 5'9. Ed Reed is only 5'11. Jefferson has good play recognition and can cover the field.

I would be ecstatic if he is there in the 2nd. I feel there is going to be a run on S's. I think there are 2 teams that are going to go S which would be Matt Elam and Kenny Vaccaro.

Eric Reid did have a hard time without key personnel in the game to help him so his stock is going down, IMO.

But if the Skins decide to go in a different direction in the 2nd, I would not be opposed to drafting Baccari Rambo or Shawn Williams from Georgia at the S spot.

It's early, but do you know where Matt Elam is currently projected?
My friend raves over him, but I've been working weekends the past year and half and haven't seen much college football; definitely zero Gator games.

Matt Elam is currently rated late 1st to early 2nd, but probably wont make it past the Bengals in the 1st with no OLB really available.

If the Bengals are not going that route, look for the Colts to snag him.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other S's that are extremely talented in the draft. T.J. McDonald and Tony Jefferson are going to be early to late 2nd round prospects.

Jefferson should be available when we pick and he can cover the entire field. Him and Meriweather would be a great tandem.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Here is a sleeper we can get as a free agent. Has great height-6.4 and can be a hybrid for us like Paul. Plus, gotta love the name. Would give us three Shanahan's to go along with our two Griffins.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84346&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR
i like him also. IMO that all depends on what happens with Fred Davis.if we re-sign Fred we probably won't be looking @ TEs to draft.

By the way, please re-size your avatar. It's way, way too big! Wink

I think that we have Fred Davis as a priority to resign.

I dont see TE as a big priority and we could find one in the later rounds. But I dont see us replacing Fred Davis and actually resigning him this year.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
mrdriii wrote:
It's funny cuz u know no matter what, the Shannahans will go in an unexpected direction that will leave us all scratching our heads!

I wouldn't be shocked if Tyler Eifert was our pick in the second round. I pretty much have no clue what Shanny decides when it comes to the draft but it's worked so I'm cool with it lol.

With Tony Gonzalez retiring the Falcons are going to need a TE. While I dont believe in TE's in the first round, Tyler Eifert wont get past the Falcons at 32.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
mrdriii wrote:
It's funny cuz u know no matter what, the Shannahans will go in an unexpected direction that will leave us all scratching our heads!

Aaron Dobson is projected to go in the 2nd to 3rd round, which would not be wise considering our defensive needs. But if he is best player available that makes sense, then I'd be all for it.

This kid Goodwin from Texas reminds me a lot of Pierre Garcon. A lot like Garcon.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with every word once again mike23md. I really hope MacDonald or Jefferson are there for us in round 2, but there's a strong chance they may not be. There are plenty of other DBs worth taking though, so I'm not overly worried about it

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Tyler. We could have all your 7 guys you want and two better prospects than Goodwin and Reid.

I could see this happening.

Early mock draft still gonna likely change a bit in the off season. If a high profile WR falls to us in the second most likely would want us to pull the trigger (Allen, Hunter, Patterson, Williams, Austin), but thats looking less likely with each win since we are now likely going to be picking at the end of the second.

2- Oday Aboushi/Xavier Rhodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jdhu0wefeA
3- Rambo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34
4- Nico Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBTRPyY5lw
5- Shamarko Thomas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYH4ZlmD_gM
5- Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State
6- Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S, LSU
7- Knile Davis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHOXRyDLuw

Udfas: 1. Marquise Goodwin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOdsTm_dj2M

2. Greg Reid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhRD4lsAzU

3. Andre Debose, WR, Florida
4. Kenny Tate, S Maryland

I get that they could go undrafted, but offseason workouts play a HUGE role in the draft process. Guys like Travis Benjamin, and TJ Graham were supposed to be late round picks last year projected to be undrafted by some places even after the combine, and they went 3rd-4th round. They were drafted because of their potential to be deep threats in the NFL. Goodwin is in the same boat as those two. He might not be viewed highly now, but his draft stock will almost undoubtedly rise come draft time. Given his 60 meter and 100 meter times in track, he will likely run between 4.25-4.35 in the 40 at the combine, so I have doubts that he makes it undrafted.
Just a few more plays that showcase his ability:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-pyCPMDoE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZO3Tg3WHo

Before Reid was kicked off of FSU there was speculation that he might leave early for the draft. He was considered a 3-4 rounder only because of his size at that point, but considering he is coming that ACL injury and has some maturity concerns, so he could be undrafted if he isn't able to workout, but if he is healthy enough and playing to his ability he will be selected in the draft. If Janoris Jenkins can be picked in the 2nd round after his whole situation, Reid will likely be picked in the draft if he's healthy.

Like I said before if we were able to get them as UDFA I would be ecstatic, but I just don't see it happening judging by prior drafts. If that did happen I would take the project/potential WR in Marcus Davis over Marquess Wilson for our team. We don't really have any tall big bodied WR's so a guy like Davis who is 6'4 228lbs 4.37 40 time (Although given V-tech's timing it probably more like a 4.45, which would still be impressive), and a 43 inch vert, would give us a nice redzone/jumpball type WR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehwBrdMdPDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z3fbJ_vYvM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlTKJ5kmUs

Goodwin might be bumping his stock up a bit with big game today. Had a long TD rushing, and a game winning 36 yard TD.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=323640204

Last edited by tyler735 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
a2piece89

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
mike23md wrote:
First off, I dont that any team should ever draft a kicker/punter. They can be had as UDFA.

Look, about Tony Jefferson. Just because he is 5'11 that really doesnt mean squat. Polamalu is only 5'10. Bob Sanders was 5'9. Ed Reed is only 5'11. Jefferson has good play recognition and can cover the field.

I would be ecstatic if he is there in the 2nd. I feel there is going to be a run on S's. I think there are 2 teams that are going to go S which would be Matt Elam and Kenny Vaccaro.

Eric Reid did have a hard time without key personnel in the game to help him so his stock is going down, IMO.

But if the Skins decide to go in a different direction in the 2nd, I would not be opposed to drafting Baccari Rambo or Shawn Williams from Georgia at the S spot.

It's early, but do you know where Matt Elam is currently projected?
My friend raves over him, but I've been working weekends the past year and half and haven't seen much college football; definitely zero Gator games.

Elam is that dude, he plays with incredible leverage and is an excellent form tackler. Plus he saved that lsu game. Wouldn't surprise me if he led his next team in tackles. Everybody says late first round while most mocks project 2nd round but who knows, there's been times when a position hadnt been picked at all through the first round. He needs to be a redskin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

Goodwin might be bumping his stock up a bit with big game today. Had a long TD rushing, and a game winning 36 yard TD.
yeah... Maybe he'll be a 7th rounder now... Wink jk

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

The NFL loves speed, and Goodwin put it on display today on two big TD's. Scouts are smart enough to know that his system isn't WR friendly, and will be focusing heavily on his off season, and how natural he looks in his WR drills at the combine/proday. His stock at this point is very much up in the air. If he runs a 4.25-4.30 40, and tests well in position drills, which is very possible you better believe he will be shooting up boards and be viewed as a middle round pick (3-5 round) Travis Benjamin/TJ Graham last year were in similar situations. Were late round prospects at the end of the year, and picked in round 3-4 with strong showings in the offseason. Basically there is no way I pass this guy up if he's still there in round 5.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

The NFL loves speed, and Goodwin put it on display today on two big TD's. Scouts are smart enough to know that his system isn't WR friendly, and will be focusing heavily on his off season, and how natural he looks in his WR drills at the combine/proday. His stock at this point is very much up in the air. If he runs a 4.25-4.30 40, and tests well in position drills, which is very possible you better believe he will be shooting up boards and be viewed as a middle round pick (3-5 round) Travis Benjamin/TJ Graham last year were in similar situations. Were late round prospects at the end of the year, and picked in round 3-4 with strong showings in the offseason. Basically there is no way I pass this guy up if he's still there in round 5.
i hope you are right for his case.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.J. Swearinger of South Carolina 5'11 210 lbs, runs 4.43 to 4.56 40 time and was All Sec 2nd team. He's played an amazing 1st half vs Michigan. I really like Swearinger as a prospect. Hopefully he's available for us to draft.

Bluehens45

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take a shot. Some of the names are of course moving up boards.

Rd. 2 Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri or Eric Reid S, LSU
Rd. 3 Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tenn. Tech or Kevin Reddick ILB, UNC
Rd. 4 Melvin White CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
Rd. 5 Duke Williams SS, Nevada or Kyle Long OT, Oregon
Rd. 5 A.J. Klein ILB, Iowa State
Rd. 6 Tyrann Mathieu CB/S, LSU
Rd. 7 Marcus Lattimore RB, USC
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluehens45 wrote:

Sheldon Richardson might not make it past the Saints in the first.

Rogers could be viewed as a project, but he definitely has talent. Kevin Reddick is a ball attacking beast and has quick pursuit to the ball.

I dont think that Shanahan is going to take a chance on Lattimore with the injury that he had.

I can see Shanahan taking the chance on Mathieu cause its low risk high reward.

I like Klein but if we take Reddick there will be no need for Klein.

I personally think that we need a S higher than the 4th round. At least a Shawn Williams in the 3rd.

I like Eric Reid as well, but it seems that he needs people around him to make him play better. Which is why I think if McDonald falls to us, or Jefferson, we have to snag them up. Otherwise we have to hope for Rambo in the 3rd. I would hate to miss out on a top notch S class this year when one of our biggest needs is S.

Reid and McDonald both have size and that is good to play the FS position.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluehens45 wrote:

I'd gladly take Reid in round 2. I think he will be a major upgrade over what we've had since Sean's death in 07. In round 2, i think he's a major steal and he will start day 1 in this secondary.

Quote:
I like Redick but I think he may be available in round 4. He's a solid tackling ilb though. Da'Rick Rogers has had major off the field problems and I don't think he's the type of character guy ShanAllen will target.

Quote:
I'd rather take a better CB in round 3 and go IlB in round 4. I do like White though and feel he will be a good DB with more development. I like his size especially and he may actually be a FS, not a cb at the next level. Either way we need a guy with more size, versatility and physicality like his in our secondary. Good scouting and good selection.

Quote:
I'd love both picks here and feel either would be steals in round 5
Quote:
I don't see us taking two IlBs in the draft. We have a decent set of reserves. I think just one IlB prospect would do and I'd love to get Reddick
Quote:
I don't trust him as far as I can throw him but in the 6th he'd be a possible steal. As mike23md said at this point it's a low risk and possible high reward selection!

Quote:
id love to take Lattimore late in the draft. I really think he'll end up being a steal for whomever selects him late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 6 of 25

Jump to: