Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vs. Panthers Gameday Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
It's really tough to gauge, really. We can say that he is not looking too sharp in practice, but then again he reportedly gets very little reps in practice to show what he's got. He has said he is one that get's better the more and more practice reps he gets, so when does he get a chance to prove himself? Not in practice, not in games, when? Can they really determine with the very limited reps he gets in practice is enough to determine that he can't play?

Is he struggling with the mental part of the game? Does he not understand the offense? Is he falling asleep in meetings? I don't really understand, but there's something else going on other than just "well his mechanics need work". Even if they are worried he will suck, the season is lost anyway, DA's job is safe, and he still qualifies as a young player that DA said himself he would like to evaluate, so what's the difference in Pryor?

Leinart already showed his ineptitude today, so at this point I see no reason not to play the guy in the last game of the season, and if they don't play him, then he is simply not even an option going forward in the minds of Reggie and Allen, because that clearly will show that they just don't care what they have in him.

fwiw he looked cool in the redzone on that option pass play where he got it to reese with a defender in his face then they took him out lol then te break down. wiz gets flagged on the dmac td. im hella pissed why not play tp. ml throwin the ball jr'ish i mean i never saw a guy throw the ball out of bounds so many times in a game since jr. only reason i watch still is to see tp other than that go warriors Laughing Sad

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Leinart is the back up, and that's why he came in. The game was never out of reach so they kept who they think gives them the best shot at winning (you don't know if Pryor gives a better chance). I feel like Pryor will start next week, but at this point, with the game in reach they didn't want to take the chance of him coming in and sucking even worse than Leinart. It's painfully obvious that they have zero confidence in him and there is obviously a reason for that.

With that said, I would like to see him play.

yea but after ml started throwing ints and balls out of bounds you would think maybe tp would get a chance.

I don't disagree with you, I'm just trying to see their side of it.

I'm really starting to suspect Pryor simply can't run the offense. Otherwise, any QB with some talent could beat out Leinart for backup. There has to be more to this..

This reminds me of when you accused Jacoby Ford of faking his foot injury. You're just guessing. The staff values Leinarts experience for whatever reason. That's why he was signed in the 1st place.

Really we're all just guessing, including you.

Pryor could run the offense. Maybe not well, but he could still run it. He's making it sound like he can't call the plays in the huddle, and line up to snap the ball. Pryor might not be the brightest, but lets not go overboard.

Vic Tafur:

Quote:
A lot of questions are similar. Here u go: 1. Yes, Knapp is on hot seat as Mark Davis is upset. 2. Allen wants to win and if he thought Ö

(Cont) Pryor would help him get a win, he would have been playing him more a long time ago. Apparently, Pryor hasnít been good in practice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
im hella pissed why not play tp.

B/c he hella sucks and you just need to hella get over it.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

yea but after ml started throwing ints and balls out of bounds you would think maybe tp would get a chance.

He threw one INT so don't try to make it plural to shove him into the ground to make playing Pryor look better. Also, why was he throwing them out of bounds? Is it b/c he was saving the play? I didn't see him play that much but I'm guessing he's just not taking the snap and throwing it out of bounds for no reason.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

He threw one INT so don't try to make it plural to shove him into the ground to make playing Pryor look better. Also, why was he throwing them out of bounds? Is it b/c he was saving the play? I didn't see him play that much but I'm guessing he's just not taking the snap and throwing it out of bounds for no reason.

Did you watch the game?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Did you watch the game?

A portion of it. I had to leave about 3/4 of the way through the 2nd quarter b/c I had Xmas crap to do out of town.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Don't bother. Jtagg makes a lot of good points on a lot of topics. But he'll fight anything pro-Pryor tooth and nail.

I kind of hope Palmer doesn't play next week and we start Pryor. It'd be exciting to watch and would pacify the fans hat want to see him. Plus we could really see where he's at in his development and make a more educated decision on if/how we want to continue with him.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Don't bother. Jtagg makes a lot of good points on a lot of topics. But he'll fight anything pro-Pryor tooth and nail.

I kind of hope Palmer doesn't play next week and we start Pryor. It'd be exciting to watch and would pacify the fans hat want to see him. Plus we could really see where he's at in his development and make a more educated decision on if/how we want to continue with him.

Pryor won't start at all. The only way we see him play a legit QB is if ML goes down. Really he's our version of pat white.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching this game, I just can't help but be curious about Pryor. The stars aligned for him in this game, Palmer went down with injury, our offense was anemic under Leinart the whole time he was in...... When Palmer went down I kept thinking, 'OK, if there is anytime a rookie QB is going to be able to get playing time it's now'. Then the 4th quarter came around after Leinart couldn't really do much except 1 good drive, and I thought the same thing again. Yet Allen never played him except a few gimmick plays.

JerryMcD's (or maybe it was Cork's) tweet earlier was something like "if Pryor was even remotely ready to handle the offense, he would have played". I don't know for sure, but after watching how Allen handles Pryor for a whole season, I can't help but think the most logical answer is: He sucks. I'm a firm believer in the philosophy 'the simplest answer is most likely the correct one'. The simplest answer here is that the coaches just aren't playing him because he isn't good.

I mean, we're 4-10, losing on the road by 2 scores in the 4th quarter and our starting QB is hurt. If there is any time to try out your new up and developing QB, it's now. Even if he isn't good, if you think he's a long term solution, you get him in to give him game time experience and get a good look at him, so he can better every chance he can get. If we're not using him now in a time like this, I'd put money on the fact that he won't be with this team for long.

I'd also bet that he's going to be shopped around this offseason. With fast and mobile QB's becoming more prevalent, Reggie may try to sell high and get a pick for him.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
After watching this game, I just can't help but be curious about Pryor. The stars aligned for him in this game, Palmer went down with injury, our offense was anemic under Leinart the whole time he was in...... When Palmer went down I kept thinking, 'OK, if there is anytime a rookie QB is going to be able to get playing time it's now'. Then the 4th quarter came around after Leinart couldn't really do much except 1 good drive, and I thought the same thing again. Yet Allen never played him except a few gimmick plays.

JerryMcD's (or maybe it was Cork's) tweet earlier was something like "if Pryor was even remotely ready to handle the offense, he would have played". I don't know for sure, but after watching how Allen handles Pryor for a whole season, I can't help but think the most logical answer is: He sucks. I'm a firm believer in the philosophy 'the simplest answer is most likely the correct one'. The simplest answer here is that the coaches just aren't playing him because he isn't good.

I mean, we're 4-10, losing on the road by 2 scores in the 4th quarter and our starting QB is hurt. If there is any time to try out your new up and developing QB, it's now. Even if he isn't good, if you think he's a long term solution, you get him in to give him game time experience and get a good look at him, so he can better every chance he can get. If we're not using him now in a time like this, I'd put money on the fact that he won't be with this team for long.

I'd also bet that he's going to be shopped around this offseason. With fast and mobile QB's becoming more prevalent, Reggie may try to sell high and get a pick for him.

All this is a logical perspective of the situation. But even if he does suck, so what. This whole darn team sucks. We arent winning anyway. Even if you going to cut bait you can at least play him and try to get a 6th. If the other teams saw Matt and knows we still wont play TP nobody is going to trade for him. This is the same thing with Tebow last year. He sucked in practice but Orton sucked on gameday, the season looked lost, let just play Tebow and see what he can do. They got a freaking 4th for Tebow. Tebow is terrible. We arent even trying to up TP trade value. The way Allen handle this situation is terrible and the way Allen cant be creative with him is terrible.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Vic Tafur:

Quote:
A lot of questions are similar. Here u go: 1. Yes, Knapp is on hot seat as Mark Davis is upset. 2. Allen wants to win and if he thought Ö

(Cont) Pryor would help him get a win, he would have been playing him more a long time ago. Apparently, Pryor hasnít been good in practice

Allen did stick with Willie Smith for a while at RT. Could be just an assumption. Tafur is out there with them during practice. Haven't heard him say anything about him looking bad. But its anybody's guess what really goes on in the facility. Wheres our insider?

I'm not sure what Allen is thinking though. Pretty sure he didn't expect a dink and dunk offense when signing Leinart as a backup. His footwork looked pretty bad too. Guy was rushing throws when there wasn't much pressure coming. If Palmer can't go I fully expect SD to bring the heat Sunday with no threat of a down field passing game. They put up 11 sacks against the Jets yesterday.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Leinart is the back up, and that's why he came in. The game was never out of reach so they kept who they think gives them the best shot at winning (you don't know if Pryor gives a better chance). I feel like Pryor will start next week, but at this point, with the game in reach they didn't want to take the chance of him coming in and sucking even worse than Leinart. It's painfully obvious that they have zero confidence in him and there is obviously a reason for that.

I'm really starting to suspect Pryor simply can't run the offense. Otherwise, any QB with some talent could beat out Leinart for backup. There has to be more to this..

This reminds me of when you accused Jacoby Ford of faking his foot injury. You're just guessing. The staff values Leinarts experience for whatever reason. That's why he was signed in the 1st place.

Pryor could run the offense. Maybe not well, but he could still run it. He's making it sound like he can't call the plays in the huddle, and line up to snap the ball. Pryor might not be the brightest, but lets not go overboard.

Vic Tafur:

Quote:

Like I said, maybe he could't run the offense well, but we know Leinart can't run it well. All the weaknesses Pryor has as a passer, are the same ones Leinart has after being in the league for years, minus the mobility.

"If he thought Pryor would help him get a win, he would have been playing him more a long time ago."

Why would Pryor be playing ahead of Palmer? Palmer obviously gives us the best chance to win. We're talking about Matt Leinart though, the backup who's barely good enough to hang on as a 3rd string QB. That check down and throw out of bounds on two seperate 4th down plays were inexcusable. Those are low IQ plays that even rookies shouldn't make.

Since the staff wasn't expecting Palmer to go down, meaning Pryor got no reps during practice, I can understand why Leinart came in. If Palmer can't go this week though, I hope they prep Pryor to be ready. I don't have any faith in him, but why not give him a shot over someone like Leinart.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Vic Tafur:

Quote:

Like I said, maybe he could't run the offense well, but we know Leinart can't run it well. All the weaknesses Pryor has as a passer, are the same ones Leinart has after being in the league for years, minus the mobility.

"If he thought Pryor would help him get a win, he would have been playing him more a long time ago."

Why would Pryor be playing ahead of Palmer? Palmer obviously gives us the best chance to win. We're talking about Matt Leinart though, the backup who's barely good enough to hang on as a 3rd string QB. That check down and throw out of bounds on two seperate 4th down plays were inexcusable. Those are low IQ plays that even rookies shouldn't make.

Since the staff wasn't expecting Palmer to go down, meaning Pryor got no reps during practice, I can understand why Leinart came in. If Palmer can't go this week though, I hope they prep Pryor to be ready. I don't have any faith in him, but why not give him a shot over someone like Leinart.

Don't forget the arm strength. I can probably spit farther than Leinart can throw.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

That's honestly what he did on 4th down with the game on the line. He also checked down 3 yards behind the LOS on the previous 4th down play too.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

That's honestly what he did on 4th down with the game on the line. He also checked down 3 yards behind the LOS on the previous 4th down play too.

No kidding? That's not the best way to get things done. I wish I could have seen it. Oh well, for being thrust into the game situation, I guess he did alright. The few times I saw him drive, he made some nice throws down the field but I can't say much b/c I obviously didn't see the entire game. From what it sounds like, this is most of what I would have expected to see out of Leinart.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: