Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

December 22nd, 2012 | Selke's Five Round 2013 NFL Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Eifert would actually be the best pick for us with that 2nd round pick considering he isnt taken in this mock until 56 at the dolphins. We need to upgrade our weapons and the best TE available does that perfectly. This makes the Tony Jefferson pick in the 3rd even better value since we were able to sure up TE and still get the Safety we need in the 3rd.

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
titans will return

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great draft for the titans. It really helps shore up our defense. I just hope we get some OL in FA if this is the case. I would be very content with the draft. I like mathieu, other than character concerns!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Patterson (2) , Lemonier (4), just meh on Glennon (1) but Lattimore ??
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I be down if Arizona draft went like this. Not that I don't like Dion Jordan its just Chance Warmack is a much better player and a much bigger need for Arizona. Zac Dysert is not a good 2nd round QB and he really not that good of a QB. Brennan Williams is a RT and Arizona does not need a RT. This is the best pick in the draft with Joseph Randle. Really like him as a RB just not sure he last this long in the draft. Rather have Warmack in the 1st then Alvin Bailey.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one nice Steeler draft. I might go with ILB Nico Johnson in the fifth though. The only problem is that I they do need a NT somewhere but still if the draft went down like this I would be quite pleased. Nice effort.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
1King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the Lions draft.

Dont like Teo as a top 5 pick, especially for the Lions and especially over guys like Joeckel, Lewan, Roby, Moore, Milliner, Banks, and even Werner.

Dont like Robert Woods especially over Patterson, Rhodes, Reid, and even Mingo.

Tank is the only pick that I like.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top to bottom that is an awesome draft for the Falcons that i would love to have. The only pick i would change is Montee Ball for Joseph Randle or Andre Ellington just based on how they fit our system better that we run and imo being the better backs by a good margin over Ball. With that 1 change i would say you have the best draft for the Falcons on the website.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid for Chicago
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good draft for the Panthers. Amerson will play FS for us.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Great first two picks for the Jets. Nassib really doesn't fair well for the Jets, playing in the AFC East you have to have a strong arm and everyone saw why Chad Pennington couldn't succeed. Nassib doesn't have a big arm and he would be a bad fit on the Jets.

Why didn't you include South Carolina Safety DJ Swearinger? I'd give the Jets him in the 3rd.

Two things I'd like to add to this comment:

1) Where are you getting this that Nassib doesn't have a strong arm? He has one of the better arms in this class. Throw on some tape of him, I think you'll see that.

2) I did include Swearinger (he's my #1 safety, in my opinion) he's at #71 to Tennessee, I believe.

mark83 wrote:
I like the Jarvis Jones pick even though he has questionable medical history, but he would probably play LB for us, so I would change that 3rd pick from OLB to best DB unless that guy is a first round grade then maybe keep him other then that it looks good.

I do happen to have a first-round grade on Khaseem Greene. He's very athletic and narrowly escaped being picked at #29 by Seattle. It's hard to find a fit with some of these 4-3 OLBs early on.

boondock wrote:
Really good draft for the Panthers. Amerson will play FS for us.

That's where I would put him, as well. I know I have him listed at CB, but he's more of a safety, in my opinion especially in Carolina.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Great first two picks for the Jets. Nassib really doesn't fair well for the Jets, playing in the AFC East you have to have a strong arm and everyone saw why Chad Pennington couldn't succeed. Nassib doesn't have a big arm and he would be a bad fit on the Jets.

Why didn't you include South Carolina Safety DJ Swearinger? I'd give the Jets him in the 3rd.

Two things I'd like to add to this comment:

1) Where are you getting this that Nassib doesn't have a strong arm? He has one of the better arms in this class. Throw on some tape of him, I think you'll see that.

2) I did include Swearinger (he's my #1 safety, in my opinion) he's at #71 to Tennessee, I believe.
My bad about Swearinger, I didn't see him.

I suggest you go back and watch some more Nassib. Have you seen his deep ball? It is very, very bad. He doesn't throw it well and at and it hangs in the air way too long. That is also in a QB friendly stadium. In MetLife, he would struggle very badly. He's going to have to focus his game around short/intermediate routes.
For example:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8613982
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8325917
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8326188
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8587048

His deep ball is bad. Although you see completions, they aren't the type of passes you like to see. He has great arm strength from short/intermediate throws, but once he throws a deep ball, it's ugly.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#13- - DE - Ezekiel Ansah - Brigham Young
-#44- - WR - DeAndre Hopkins - Clemson
-#56- - TE - Tyler Eifert - Notre Dame (From Colts - Vontae Davis)
#79- - CB - Terry Hawthorne - Illinois
#87- - DT - Chris Jones - Bowling Green (From Bears - Brandon Marshall)
-#110- - ILB - Kiko Alonso - Oregon
-#141- - OG - Omoregie Uzzi - Georgia Tech

Overall pretty solid. If we went DE in first though I would want Werner from FL ST. I am really hoping we draft Chance Warmack though. He would fill an instant hole on the OL. Love the 2nd round. We would pick up great value with guys that can step right in. I also don't think DT is a high need and we double dip with WR and go with Wilson from WA ST.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for thee input and I appreciate the comments on the layout, I worked hard on trying to find one that's easy to read and nice to look at.

I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaccaro
Lacy
Pugh
Hunt
Ferentz

Eh. I like Vaccaro and Lacy but I'm only so-so with taking them where they were taken. The rest is mehhhhh. Ferentz is undersized for what we want at C and is really a C only type. Hunt, while interesting, goes to a deep DL. Pugh is depth at OT, but next year our depth should be fine with Sherrod and Bulaga coming off IR. This draft misses two of our biggest needs though. OLB depth (After Matthews and Perry we only have a bunch of UDFA) and a pass catcher. We're most likely going to lose Jennings and Finley this off season making a WR/TE important. If we can land either Keenan Allen in the 1st or a Zach Ertz/Robert Woods/Tyler Eifert in the 2nd it would be extremely helpful to replace the targets we lose from Jennings and Finley.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Vaccaro
Lacy
Pugh
Hunt
Ferentz

Eh. I like Vaccaro and Lacy but I'm only so-so with taking them where they were taken. The rest is mehhhhh. Ferentz is undersized for what we want at C and is really a C only type. Hunt, while interesting, goes to a deep DL. Pugh is depth at OT, but next year our depth should be fine with Sherrod and Bulaga coming off IR. This draft misses two of our biggest needs though. OLB depth (After Matthews and Perry we only have a bunch of UDFA) and a pass catcher. We're most likely going to lose Jennings and Finley this off season making a WR/TE important. If we can land either Keenan Allen in the 1st or a Zach Ertz/Robert Woods/Tyler Eifert in the 2nd it would be extremely helpful to replace the targets we lose from Jennings and Finley.

Thanks, that's a very helpful comment I will consider when I update/make a new one.

You like Johnathan Franklin for GB, though? Is Alex Green your bonafide smasher inside then and Franklin could be the outside type guy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: