Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16: Patriots @ Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
scottishpatriot wrote:
Richter wrote:
Guys, we don't need to debate which win was the worst of the year; the important thing is, if the Bears can win, I'm going to make a lot of money. Like, a real lot.

That's the real spirit of Christmas Richter.

Could you release your props a little earlier so I can get in on the action next week?

Hey, if people want to bet my picks, I can release them on Saturday, but since no one was using them, I wasn't bothering to get all my tickets together until Sunday. Bear in mind, I take NO responsibility for anyone else if they use my picks, win or lose.

I wish my state allowed sports betting. Crying or Very sad

I would be making decent money from your picks.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what Chung could have done on that Shorts play. He just sort of stood there and Shorts ran into him.

Granted he didn't have a superb game, but I think the guy is really pressing. He made those picks for a reason -- he feels like he has something to prove, and I seriously doubt he is resigned next year.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
I'm not sure what Chung could have done on that Shorts play. He just sort of stood there and Shorts ran into him.

Granted he didn't have a superb game, but I think the guy is really pressing. He made those picks for a reason -- he feels like he has something to prove, and I seriously doubt he is resigned next year.

Tavon is his replacement so no.
Richter

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Richter wrote:
scottishpatriot wrote:
Richter wrote:
Guys, we don't need to debate which win was the worst of the year; the important thing is, if the Bears can win, I'm going to make a lot of money. Like, a real lot.

Could you release your props a little earlier so I can get in on the action next week?

Hey, if people want to bet my picks, I can release them on Saturday, but since no one was using them, I wasn't bothering to get all my tickets together until Sunday. Bear in mind, I take NO responsibility for anyone else if they use my picks, win or lose.

I wish my state allowed sports betting. :cry:

I would be making decent money from your picks.

You'd be making more than decent money, trust me. If the Bears can take care of business, I'll have made roughly an average household's yearly income just playing my short and long parlays for around 12 weeks this season.

Also, how bad does that 49ers loss suck now that the Texans gagged one against the Vikings? Pats could be in the driver's seat with only Miami left.
mcmurtry86

rabbisson wrote:
He made those picks for a reason

Yes. He was in the right place at the right time. No skill involved beyond not dropping a softly thrown pass almost directly at you.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

Yes. He was in the right place at the right time. No skill involved beyond not dropping a softly thrown pass almost directly at you.

I was more referring to the fact that he could have slapped the balls to the ground - he chose to catch them. He's trying to pad his stats to prove a point.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Rich Shocked
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

I was more referring to the fact that he could have slapped the balls to the ground - he chose to catch them. He's trying to pad his stats to prove a point.

I think you're reaching here. I've almost never seen guys slap the ball down in those type of situations. Even in really obvious situations, most guys catch the ball out of instinct.
Naq

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens if Houston and Denver loses and we win next week?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:

We get the no. 1 seed. Laughing seriously.
Naq

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Naq wrote:

We get the no. 1 seed. Laughing seriously.

Laughing I figured that but I had to make sure... it seemed to good to be true

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:

Pats are the #1 seed in that scenario.

If the Pats win and Houston loses, the Pats clinch a bye regardless of Denver

The Pats need to win and get a loss from either team to get a bye.
scottishpatriot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
scottishpatriot wrote:
Richter wrote:

Sorry. I didn't mean to come across like that. I'm just in awe at your acuity and aware that I would make a terrible and impulsive gambler.

Chicago might deliver without any Cutler completions at this rate. Let us know the pot size later!
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottishpatriot wrote:
Richter wrote:
scottishpatriot wrote:
Richter wrote:

Sorry. I didn't mean to come across like that. I'm just in awe at your acuity and aware that I would make a terrible and impulsive gambler.

Chicago might deliver without any Cutler completions at this rate. Let us know the pot size later!

No offense taken. And if you're aware that you're impulsive, you're already past the point of being a terrible gambler. Impulse is the number one killer when it comes to gambling. Just have to stay rational and calm and stick by your statistical models and instincts.
_Oypus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:

Gosh, don't like this argument at all. One of the announcers said it too when the guy got flagged for helmet to helmet on Brady. In both cases the player pretty deliberately led with their helmet. Then someone else ran into them. If they don't lead with their head, nobody gets hit on the head. Plain and simple.

People keep crying about "oh there's nothing these players can do about it these are super fast collisions" when each and every time I see the defender/whoever lower their head, then they get ran into. Just don't do it, and they won't be in a position to be involved in a helmet to helmet hit! You could see it worked with Chung, as what, two plays later or something, receiver coming across the middle and he went about it a different way. Still made the play, too, if just barely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: