Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Timothy Tebow to Jaguars -- Done Deal Says Mort
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs with one of the strongest strength of victories.

Yeah.... I'm going to need a source for this. He beat 0 teams with a winning record. I'm just going to assume this is wrong until further notice. And even if it is true, it would be based on him beating middling teams to get there with no real quality opponents.

Quote:
THe AFC South is not a very good division. And the AFC in general is weaker than the NFC right now
Uhhh..... The division is sending two teams to the playoffs, including the 12-3 Texans.

Negating the Jaguars completely (including opposing wins/losses against the Jags), the division is a combined 24-16. With total wins, the only division which has more wins with their top 3 than the AFC South is the NFC North. All of this with the division playing one of the hardest combined SOS in the NFL. The AFC South is not some cake-walk division, despite what you think.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to warn you, iPwn. Laughing

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i'm not mistaken didn't David Garrard beat Pittsburg too I didn't here people all in a up roar when that happened if i'm not mistaken D.G. threw 20TDs and 3INTs that year. Sometimes you gotta take the blinders off it just falls in your laps some years and you have a stellar season. Ask Kordell Stewart. Kordell had a Pro Bowl season followed by a garage season and Vince Young won like 8 straight games a couple of years ago I didn't hear people saying he was the savior of football. Where is Vince Young now a days I'll wait??? Fans will put wings on anything sometimes you have to evaluate i'm tired of hearing this He just wins crap where are the numbers to say that he is the future the kid isn't even no where near efficient enough to lead this team and to think the Bronco's actually had a descent Defense. Do we have a descent defense? If Tebow starts here 0-16 book it hell i'm so use to rooting for a losing team what the hell we've been losing give Tebow his shot so people can see tragedy for their own eyes and they can finally shut the hell up about how Timmy can single handedly save football because of his faith and on what he did in High School and College.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
If i'm not mistaken didn't David Garrard beat Pittsburg too I didn't here people all in a up roar when that happened if i'm not mistaken D.G. threw 20TDs and 3INTs that year. Sometimes you gotta take the blinders off it just falls in your laps some years and you have a stellar season. Ask Kordell Stewart. Kordell had a Pro Bowl season followed by a garage season and Vince Young won like 8 straight games a couple of years ago I didn't hear people saying he was the savior of football. Where is Vince Young now a days I'll wait??? Fans will put wings on anything sometimes you have to evaluate i'm tired of hearing this He just wins crap where are the numbers to say that he is the future the kid isn't even no where near efficient enough to lead this team and to think the Bronco's actually had a descent Defense. Do we have a descent defense? If Tebow starts here 0-16 book it hell i'm so use to rooting for a losing team what the hell we've been losing give Tebow his shot so people can see tragedy for their own eyes and they can finally shut the hell up about how Timmy can single handedly save football because of his faith and on what he did in High School and College.

Well that's why both his fans and critics should BOTH want him to get a shot so we can see once and for all what he's all about

Trust me when I think a player will fail I gladly want to see them go on the field because I'm confident they will prove me right

I gladly wanted Gabbert to start as many games as possible and was actually disappointed that he got hurt because that projection couldn't be tested more

Same with Kolb in Arizona, etc
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Yeah.... I'm going to need a source for this. He beat 0 teams with a winning record. I'm just going to assume this is wrong until further notice. And even if it is true, it would be based on him beating middling teams to get there with no real quality opponents.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfVictory/year/2011/order/true

.445 SOV Nothing to write him about perhaps but the 2nd best in the AFC among playoff teams and the 8th best in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/year/2011/order/true

.520 SOS

Best among AFC Playoff teams and even if you take out the games that Tebow didn't play in, it was still a more impressive strength of schedule than what the Colts for instance are facing this year and more impressive SOV as well.

The Colts are overachieving this year like the 2008 Miami Dolphins. IT's a great story with Chuck Strong and all that but when the emotions of all that wears off next year they will not exactly be a juggernaut of a team
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT: We pretend Tebow played all of 2011

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
iPwn wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfVictory/year/2011/order/true

.445 SOV Nothing to write him about perhaps but the 2nd best in the AFC among playoff teams and the 8th best in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/year/2011/order/true

.520 SOS

Best among AFC Playoff teams and even if you take out the games that Tebow didn't play in, it was still a more impressive strength of schedule than what the Colts for instance are facing this year and more impressive SOV as well.

The Colts are overachieving this year like the 2008 Miami Dolphins. IT's a great story with Chuck Strong and all that but when the emotions of all that wears off next year they will not exactly be a juggernaut of a team

Now let's actually take out the games Tebow wasn't a part of, shall we?

The SOV drops to .428, 13th in the NFL. And again, not a single quality victory.

The SOS drops to .477, a three way tie for 22-24th in the NFL.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
BBIB wrote:
iPwn wrote:

.520 SOS

The SOV drops to .428, 13th in the NFL. And again, not a single quality victory.

I brought that up in the Tebow vs Luck thread and it went over his head.

x0x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow is coming and he will be your starting Quarterback.

Geno Smith going #1.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
THE ALL KNOWING HAS SPOKEEEEEEEN
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Geno Smith going #1.

If anything you need to be concerned who will be QB'n the Cards next year and I hope KC fouls up their draft and sets their franchise back 10 more years by drafting Geno. And regardless of Morts reports I feel if Khan gets a top flight exec in here in order to lure him his conditions will be he runs the show i.e. whom ever it becomes will tell Khan, Tebow is off the table because he doesn't want that circus in town and i'm fine with that. I feel only way Tebow winds up in Jacksonville is if Gene Smith has pictures of Mr. Khan's wife in some compromising positions and he black mails Khan into keeping him on board if we get a top flight exec to run this team Tebow won't be here next year, and I think if thats the case Mularkey is done too because whom ever the new GM is will want to put together his own staff from scratch especially if its a well known name.
BBIB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

SOV .428 = STILL 2nd best in the AFC among playoff teams

So if not a single quality victory then who did in that conference other than Baltimore?

Heck the Patriots made the Super Bowl without beating a single team with a winning record in the regular season that year

And if we go to post-season, Tebow beating the Steelers >>>> Gabbert's whole career
BBIB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
x0x wrote:

Geno Smith going #1.

If anything you need to be concerned who will be QB'n the Cards next year and I hope KC fouls up their draft and sets their franchise back 10 more years by drafting Geno. And regardless of Morts reports I feel if Khan gets a top flight exec in here in order to lure him his conditions will be he runs the show i.e. whom ever it becomes will tell Khan, Tebow is off the table because he doesn't want that circus in town and i'm fine with that. I feel only way Tebow winds up in Jacksonville is if Gene Smith has pictures of Mr. Khan's wife in some compromising positions and he black mails Khan into keeping him on board if we get a top flight exec to run this team Tebow won't be here next year, and I think if thats the case Mularkey is done too because whom ever the new GM is will want to put together his own staff from scratch especially if its a well known name.

Whoever the Cardinals get at QB it will be better than the Jaguars if they stick to Blaine Gabbert or overreach for a Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon who is just a taller version of his younger brother Sean Glennon
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
iPwn wrote:

So if not a single quality victory then who did in that conference other than Baltimore?

Heck the Patriots made the Super Bowl without beating a single team with a winning record in the regular season that year

And if we go to post-season, Tebow beating the Steelers >>>> Gabbert's whole career

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
And still a product of playing a bunch of middling teams.

Quote:

Pittsburgh beat the Pats plus the Bengals twice.
Texans beat a healthy Steelers team and the Falcons

Even a Blaine Gabbert led Jaguars team had a signature win against the Ravens.

It was a down year for the conference. That kinda lends credence to the idea that what he did was a fluke.

Quote:

Nope, they didn't. But no one goes around talking about how great they were in the regular season, do they? If they hadn't made the Super Bowl, do you think people would be pointing to that weak schedule and saying that the Pats were great because they beat a bunch of middling teams?

Quote:
We grade players on single games now? Can I say that his two games against the Pats are worse than anything Gabbert has done too, or is that not allowed?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: