Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Timothy Tebow to Jaguars -- Done Deal Says Mort
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Quote:
And if we go to post-season, Tebow beating the Steelers >>>> Gabbert's whole career
We grade players on single games now? Can I say that his two games against the Pats are worse than anything Gabbert has done too, or is that not allowed?

No you cant cuz he was pretty dang good in the 1st one.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:
And if we go to post-season, Tebow beating the Steelers >>>> Gabbert's whole career
We grade players on single games now? Can I say that his two games against the Pats are worse than anything Gabbert has done too, or is that not allowed?

Completing 50 percent of your passes and throwing for under 200 yards=pretty dang good?
I mean it's a good game for Tebow, but still by no means a good game.

I hate the Jaguars
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:

Completing 50 percent of your passes and throwing for under 200 yards=pretty dang good?

Guess you were busy when it was on tv. He was definitely the best Bronco and had a very solid performance.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:

Guess you were busy when it was on tv. He was definitely the best Bronco and had a very solid performance.

No, I watched the game. He looked absolutely horrendous passing the ball, as usual. He had a few good runs. A nice 30 yarder. Cool. Didn't play well, and that's why they got blown out.

I hate the Jaguars
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:

No, I watched the game. He looked absolutely horrendous passing the ball, as usual. He had a few good runs. A nice 30 yarder. Cool. Didn't play well, and that's why they got blown out.

He looked just fine throwing the ball.... Horrendous would be many interceptions and missed attempts. He didn't have those. They got blown out because they were playing the Patriots and thats just what the Pats do. Expecting 45+ points is just not reasonable.

His track record has been beaten to death by critics but that 1st NE game has been left pretty well alone, he was good, no doubt.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:

He looked just fine throwing the ball.... Horrendous would be many interceptions and missed attempts. He didn't have those. They got blown out because they were playing the Patriots and thats just what the Pats do. Expecting 45+ points is just not reasonable.

His track record has been beaten to death by critics but that 1st NE game has been left pretty well alone, he was good, no doubt.

Looking horrendous throwing the ball is missing receivers completely and throwing the ball out of reach of even the defender. Which is what Tebow does. Routinely.

I hate the Jaguars
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Routinely' would not include that game.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
'Routinely' would not include that game.

It absolutely would.

I hate the Jaguars
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:

Looking horrendous throwing the ball is missing receivers completely and throwing the ball out of reach of even the defender. Which is what Tebow does. Routinely.

Ya. I like what Henne does better. That thing where he throws it within reach of the defender.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's called an interception.

brb. googling.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont just want a marginal upgrade from Blaine though, we need a real QB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:

That was good enough for RGIII in his first elimination game in the season finale vs the Cowboys

And generally for a traditional passer being at or below 50% would not be effective, but none of those traditional passers can pick up 1st downs with their legs like Tim Tebow

2-4 scrambles a game for a first down can make up an extra 2-4 missed passes per game

Not to mention the potential impact on the overall efficiency of the running game in general
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

That was good enough for RGIII in his first elimination game in the season finale vs the Cowboys

And generally for a traditional passer being at or below 50% would not be effective, but none of those traditional passers can pick up 1st downs with their legs like Tim Tebow

2-4 scrambles a game for a first down can make up an extra 2-4 missed passes per game

Not to mention the potential impact on the overall efficiency of the running game in general

You say that like RGIII played well in that game.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has more career rushes than completions. Let that sink in.

And cool, RG3 won a single game playing like that. Let's hope we only get our games scheduled against the Cowboys in elimination games. They are 1-7 in those games, after all.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
He has more career rushes than completions. Let that sink in.

And cool, RG3 won a single game playing like that. Let's hope we only get our games scheduled against the Cowboys in elimination games. They are 1-7 in those games, after all.

Damn Shocked

Thats funny Laughing

O wait, he is going to play for us... Mad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: