Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 15 Reply with quote

We got away from this but I figured to post one.

Good:
- Defense held up for the most part
- Burris was usually in position to make plays. Needs to work on finishing but the pieces are in place
- CB play was much better than I expected
- Our offense didn't take a complete nosedive after Palmer got hurt
- Blitzes looked good. Mitchell did well with that. Newton wasn't happy with the pressure we generated
- It appears Greg Knapp has discovered the quick slant

Bad:
- No running game again. Thanks in part to Keuchley.
- Losing containment on SuperCam every now and then
- Not enough Pryor in the game. Especially with no Palmer.
- Knapp play calling was pretty rough at times
- Little to no Myers and not enough Reece.

Ugly:
- Tommy Kelly. Just gtfo.
- Leinart's long incompletion on 3rd and 4. Move the effing chains bro.
- Allen going for that 4th and 4 rather than the FG. Get the points, c'mon man.
- Refs
reddevil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 15 Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Good:
- Burris was usually in position to make plays. Needs to work on finishing but the pieces are in place
- Blitzes looked good. Mitchell did well with that. Newton wasn't happy with the pressure we generated

Bad:

Ugly:
- Refs

I like Burris. Yes, he should've put Cam down and has missed on a number of tackles in the season, but he is always around the ball. If he can work on a couple of things, he could be a good player for us. He could do with learning a thing or two from Keuchley - man, that boy can tackle.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how much Ro held the defense back.
I don't know if he just sucked or called the wrong defense but they're playing way better without him on the defense.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with both posts. I like where Burris looks like he's going. If he can iron out the wrinkles in his game, he can be an above average starter next season. And the defense does look much better without McClain.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
It's amazing how much Ro held the defense back.
I don't know if he just sucked or called the wrong defense but they're playing way better without him on the defense.

Slowlando, plus others. Starting Bryant, playing Ross and starting Adams have also helped.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly:

The refs - SO many blown calls on both teams. Unbelievably bad outing.

Matty Melt - Dont know how you start him over Pryor. Absolutely unacceptable. We know what he offers us, and the coaching staff has been saying they want to see more and more of the young guys. How the hell do you not play Pryor more, especially when the game was out of reach.

DMAC - SO sick of seeing him go down on first contact and running into blockers backs. New scheme or new RB, dont give an eff what one.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect Burris to be a playmaker like Kuechly but it was good to see him around the ball today. He still has issues wrapping up. Unless a guy is directly in front of him or has slowed down, he's been inconsistent with the fundamental tackles. The guy has a long way to go in terms of being a pass rusher too. For a 5th round rookie he's done his job and learned on the fly. Really hope he doesn't become the LB version of DHB. No talking about draft status but in terms of versatility and fundamentals.

Adams and Ross have been solid.

Glad the whining for a New DC has gone away. Tarver has a good scheme just needs better players.

Leinart can't even execute an offense he's been in fir 3 years. If the Texans saw this game they're fortunate he went down and Yates stepped up. Leinart would have ruined that team.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Leinart can't even execute an offense he's been in fir 3 years. If the Texans saw this game they're fortunate he went down and Yates stepped up. Leinart would have ruined that team.

While I agree with the first sentence, the other parts are much more debatable. Knapp wouldn't be calling the plays, and he'd be working with Arian Foster and Andre Johnson on a team with a scheme that fits their personnel.

Agreed on Burris though. Hope he shores up his tackling this offseason
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

While I agree with the first sentence, the other parts are much more debatable. Knapp wouldn't be calling the plays, and he'd be working with Arian Foster and Andre Johnson on a team with a scheme that fits their personnel.

Agreed on Burris though. Hope he shores up his tackling this offseason

He had a great playcaller in Whisenhunt and Fitzgerald in AZ too and did nothing with it. He got beat out by Derek Anderson and cut for goodness sake. Houston runs a bootleg offense and he's even more immobile than Palmer.

Leinart might have a better shot in the AFL with that arm too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Ugly:

Matty Melt - Dont know how you start him over Pryor. Absolutely unacceptable. We know what he offers us, and the coaching staff has been saying they want to see more and more of the young guys. How the hell do you not play Pryor more, especially when the game was out of reach.

DMAC - SO sick of seeing him go down on first contact and running into blockers backs. New scheme or new RB, dont give an eff what one.

Honestly I don't know why DMC gets a pass..he was better than this the last time we ran ZBS. Honestly I think the guy is done.
Yogi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Honestly I don't know why DMC gets a pass..he was better than this the last time we ran ZBS. Honestly I think the guy is done.

Knapp is probably a little desperate to have Darren get yards as he knows he'll be blamed to some extent for Dmac's failures this season. After last week's 100 yard game last week (less than 4 ypc though) if he did well today and next week he can claim that Darren "got it" at the end and all is well.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Ugly:

No he wasn't. He was a "bust" he was called She-Mac.. The guy isn't done, but Greg Knapp has done a great job ruining his career, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Ugly:

No he wasn't. He was a "bust" he was called She-Mac.. The guy isn't done, but Greg Knapp has done a great job ruining his career, lol.

I thought we called him she-Mac because his legs died on contact and he wasn't ever healthy for a full season.
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 15 Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Good:

Bad:

Ugly:
- Refs

If he didn't he would have got hate for being conservative.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ugly:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: